main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI Welcome

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Deak_Alder, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    howdy! - i'm in grand rapids & a totally committed star wars geek - would love to attend celebration III in indy - looking for others who "understand" and don't think looney toons when i explain my passion - collector of things star wars but especially reading material - love love the prequels - i think lucas is a genius - who else could have planted clues in 1977 and explain them and weave them into a saga in a new millienium? i understand and appreciate the saturday serial genre and how it's applied, especially to the titles - i believe in this message and have gone so far over the edge i have natalie portman's high school graduation video - and even if i have to sacrifice retirement - would consider quitting day job to work in the san rafael 7-11 just on the chance that george might come by on the way home from the ranch for a slurppy
    is there perhaps a regular meeting of the minds in western michigan?

2. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Welcome, Jaareth and lovelucas! :D I'm glad that you are interested in joining the meetings. Our first one, as stated in the "When y'all gonna have that first meeting topic?" thread, is on the 22nd of May. For more details, check it out. :)

3. rvqavalon

rvqavalon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    Well, I'm not at all sure what I'm doing here--it's, oh, about four-thirty in the morning, and I decided to pop over and see what the Midwest was doing on the boards. Last time I looked, GR didn't have a forum, so I decided to take a look. I frequent the costume boards, mostly. I'm v. close to Grand Rapids--about fifteen minutes from downtown, depending on traffic. Just thought I'd say hi, and see what's up close to home!

Katie

4. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Hi, rvqavalon!! It's nice to see a new face. :) In case you are interested in joining us for meetings and whatnot, our next meeting is June 26th, 7pm. That's today. ;) It will be at the Barnes and Noble at Rivertown Crossings Mall. If you don't know how to get there from where you are, look up Rivertown Crossings Mall in the phonebook, get the address and then go to mapquest.com. :) That's the easiest way I know of to figure out how to get from point A to point B.

Other than that, feel free to stop by as often as you'd like. :)

Edit: It sounds like you need some sleep. Hope you get some. ;)

5. rvqavalon

rvqavalon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2002
    I *would* drop by tonight but I've got a send-off party for a friend of mine who's headed off to West Point tomorrow. That happens to start at 7:00, and we'll probably be there a couple hours. Otherwise, I'd try to be there. I know Rivertown v. well--I'm in Jenison, and B&N is a regular stop for everyone in my family. :) I got plenty of sleep after I posted, thank you. :)

Katie

6. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Then perhaps next time. :) I hope your evening goes well. Jennison? That is close.

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    The 3 meetings thing isn't that bad (the unofficial record is 3 meetings in 3 weeks, held by Dayton)...the real trick is figuring out a place to have them. My advice would be to pick a very public place...ours were at Southpark Mall (Strongsville) in the food court: large public place, easily accessible from several freeways, and no problems with people's different taste in food (restaurant) and entertainment (sporting events/movies).

Once you get to know each other, you can start having meetings "at (insert name)'s house"...but for starters, keep the meeting in public places.

8. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Yeah, I suppose the three meetings thing isn't too terrible, just annoying at times. ;)

Oh absolutely. It wont be at an individuals house for quite some time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.