main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Welcome

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithLeia, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    Hi and welcome to Fanforce Western Australia.

Come in and make your self at home, so you might be asking yourself what is Fanforce and what does the boards have to offer me?

Well first off, our main goal here is to have fun.
    Secondly, The main reason fanforce was set up was to provide fans a chance to meet other SW fans in their local area.
    Thirdly, it just so happens that Fanforce Western Australia has set up their own SW club,(Outer Rim Inc) which was established about a year ago.

To find out any information about Outer Rim please contact either the President, VicePresidentor the Secretary

There is also guidlines for the Terms Of Service , please read this before posting.
    By agreeing to that when you post, you are agreeing to the terms of service.

Your Local RSA(regional support administration) is Shara_82 .
    If you have a problem with the way the board is being run, please contact me and I will pass the information on to Shara.
    If you have any other personal board related problems you can either speak Sharaor Myself .

Don?t be frightened to ask questions, just click on the link to PM(Private Message) the above people. And they will be able to help you.

Just to help you here?s the markup codes.
    Markup Codes this will help you how to put links , pictures,make your fonts italic bold and underline, and to also add colour to your text etc.

Also just a list of posting definitions for FF(Fanforce) , just incase someone does mention it in a post.

Trolling: The act of inciting a negative response by flaming, fishing for flames or posting negative/offensive messages repeatedly.

Spamming: Posting many times consecutively, posting simply to up your post count or posting identical threads across several forums. Soliciting (trading, selling or buying) and advertising also fall under spamming.

Flaming: The act of insulting another member. Flaming is a bannable offense on the FF

Sockpuppet: Sometimes used for troublemaking aliases.But sometimes used for fun.It is a broad term used for all aliases now.

Lurker: A person who has not registered in the FF, but visits often. Also, a registered member who posts infrequently.

I hope this helps in some way?. and enjoy your stay in the Western Australian Boards and in Fanforce.

2. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I got more mentions in that update than you did. ;)

Nice thread, SL, and very useful. :)

3. SithLeia

Oct 16, 2001
    It was actually Fallen Angel's Idea for a link in the header, so i can't take credit for it.

I just thought i'd post so it's there when we put it in there.

4. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Also, to all you newcomers, you may notice that some members of these boards have different colours for their names, this is because they are generally high up on the food chain of the boards... It means that they could be System administrators, managers, moderators or VIPs (like some of the cast/crew of Star Wars)... They could also be City Representatives and RSA's as well. Some examples of this in these particualar boards are SithLeia who, as she said in the original post in this thread, is West Australia's City Rep., Shara_82 who is one of the RSAs and Kartanym, who is incharge of http://www.theforce.net/games.

You may also notice that some people use smiley faces throughout their posts... For example :D :) :p etc... To find out how to use these, you will see a link at the top of your screen called Faces. This will explain how to use them. Also, the boards have their own markup language for the use of links and inserting images into our posts. These are similar to html, but not quite. You will see a link at the top of your screen called Markup Codes. This will explain how to use them.

I hope this has helped you.

5. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    I am new here so I was just wondering how do I actually post ?

6. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah thats funny, real funny. I think you answered your own question thou.

Welcome to the boards...

7. SithLeia

Oct 16, 2001
    *gives sithstar a xxxx * there you go...feel more at home now :D

8. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well it has been a while since we've seen our old buddy Sithstar. I would actually believe that he may have forgotten how to post. :) Good to see an old regular back again.

9. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    hay there peoples whats doin :)
    and by the way SK I am rather well aware of how to post in case you didnt notice
    it was just a joke :p

10. Ulric-Thor

Ulric-Thor Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2002
    Hello everybody, I saw this place a few weeks ago and thought I might join up and say hello to everyone. I use to read the JC boards quite a bit sometime ago but never knew this place was here, well since I checked the other week anyway.

I am also in Perth, are many of you from Perth here also? From a quick glance there seems to be quite a few of you. Hope to post more often anyway, Ill have to see what I can find to talk about. Thanks.

11. JEDI-DAN

JEDI-DAN Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2002
    Goodafternoon I am new to the board, and I am looking forward to some interesting conversation.

I would love to know when the Epiode 2
    Atack of the Clones video will be out.

will post again soon

12. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Welcome to both of you from myself and the others who've been around here for a while. Keep an eye out for upcoming events. We get together for informal forum meets from time to time. I'm thinking of an open invitation to something at our place sometime in the near future. A video & pizza night or something like that for the old and new forum regulars alike.

13. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    To answer your question JEDI-DAN, the Episode 2 Video and DVD come out late November. We have heard rumours that it's either November 26th or 29th. I'm looking forward to it. Welcome to the boards JEDI-DAN and Ulric-Thor :)

14. Scissorhands

Scissorhands Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    Guess I'll stick my head in and say hello too, been lurking around a while, but never posted.

Is it safe to come out yet?

15. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    With star wars geeks running amok? Hell no :p

Altho it's safe at the moment. If you feel threaten at any time take a hiatus to another board :p
    We give out free blue milk!!! :D :p

16. Scissorhands

Scissorhands Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    Pfft, anyone threatens me, I'll take my Scissorhands and offer them a neck rub :)

17. leejam

leejam Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2002
    Hiya all...

I'm UmmYep's older brother... I look forward to lurking and reading and occasionally posting....

Lee

18. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I'd also like to welcome the new people. Thanks for making use of this thread... :D

19. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    hi i'm new here...i do live in WA, in Perth to be exact...*duh*....so...ummm...yeah

-JSD

20. Ulric-Thor

Ulric-Thor Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2002
    Thats great! There does seem to be quite a few people in here, all very friendly to, thanks everyone. Look forward to talkin to you all.

21. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I apologise if this post makes the new members feel a little stupid, it is not my intention. Just thought I'd get that out of the way before I start my post... :D

New members may have noticed that a lot of people have icons. I've noticed that a lot of the new members have the icons themselves, but it took me a while to find them when I first started out so I thought I'd let people know how to add the icons themselves.

If you are logged into the boards you can choose your icon etc. If you look at the top of the screen and go to the link that says Options it will take you to a page with all these options you can setup. Third from the bottom is the Choose Your Icon page. It's pretty self explanatory from there... Unfortunately we only have a choice of icons from the ones that can be found on those pages, but! if there is a particular character you want a icon of (Star Wars related, of course) you can head on over to the JC Communications board and there are a few icon related threads in there. One is the Custom Icons Submission Thread and the other is The JC Icon Pick. As far as I am aware the rules of each thread is posted in the first post.

I hope this has been helpful and once again I apologise if I come across as making people feel stupid. Welcome to the boards and enjoy your time here. :D

22. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I did notice that they add new ones now and then. Guess that explains why. I browse through them occasionally to see if there's any new ones I really like.

23. jazteq

jazteq Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2002
    hey hello all first time in, good to find a local forum. Makes it all a lot easier with release dates and so as you all no. I'm excited ! well see you all soon.

24. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Welcome to the boards jazteq. Hope you enjoy your stay.

25. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Quite the name you have there sir, welcome to the boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.