main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Well as if we didn't already know, SW still rules.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Blue_Jedi33, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryloth_bounty_hunter

Ryloth_bounty_hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2003
    1) Favorite film of all time for men STAR WARS
    SEXIST!!!! just kidding :)

of course Star Wars is the best, I've always known it. :)

2. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    "LOTR is not crap on a stick. If Peter Jackson would've directed Ep III, I'd sleep well at night."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

You guys are great!

3. DarthVegas

DarthVegas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    "As you can see, Star Wars has become more powerful than any other movie... even Ishtar!"

4. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    Ishtar = OWNED

5. JediVisionary12

JediVisionary12 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    Darth Meul,

I know what you're saying. Good point. I posted my obversation because right now SW has been out in theaters and available to have to view at home for a long time. Perhaps in 25 years LOTR (films) will have the longevity SW has.

I was just surprised by the people I know that weren't much impressed by the LOTR films. One is really a die hard SW fan. Also, I think a family would have an easier time with a kid in a SW movie than with one of the LOTR films. Not that kid friendly is one of our criteria here though. I also know that many people that claim to be avid film goers didn't want to see LOTR because to them it seemed long and boring. I'm not one of those people, but I talked to many who are.

I'm not saying we SW fans don't want a 3+ hour Episode III. Goodnes knows we all do. And goodness knows Lucas needs more than 2 hours to wrap it all up. But it seems to me there are a lot more reasons why people associate with SW and find it more appealing, than say LOTR.

6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    This is turning into another of those LOTR vs. SW kind of threads. Oh well.

Sure, SW is on top of things. :) BUT: don't they mean ANH only? Or do they mean the whole trilogy? What about LOTR and the Matrix Trilogy?

I too get the feeling SW is becoming more "in" again probably because of the OT's DVD release (could become the best selling three DVDs on this format yet) and the final SW movie coming out next year.

I just wish the PT would get back into the positive light more often. Everyone acts like sheep on this. The media and the fanboys. When the movies came out most loved them (read about it in the archived TPM forum).

I hope the PT will be accepted- actually they are popular but that bashing sucks. The only place where the Prequels shined was at the MTV Movie Awards for 2000 and 2003. "My man, Yoda!" -Sam Jacksons, MTV Movie Awards 2003.

7. JediVisionary12

JediVisionary12 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    Billy_Dee_Binks

Trust me, I wasn't trying to start some sort of debate...just qualifying what I meant.

When I think about the popularity of SW, I tend to think in terms of the entire trilogy.

I have no qualms about trying to hype up the PT. I'm very happy with the PT so far. I think many here may feel like they can like them again after Episode III comes out. I believe the "payoff" everyone is hoping for will come. Personally, though for me the PT films have built on each other, and make me appreciate them that much more.

Long live the fighters :)

8. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    To whoever said they can now walk around in star wars clothes and a toy lightsaber at their side:

U=Wuss

I do all of these things and use the force FX lightsaber(vader's)and I hit random people with it and then run away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.