main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Well, do tell !! EP 3 your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    Well it's 3am. Just got home & have seen it twice already :D Still on a high !!

2 words......spectacular & sensational. Easily the best of the prequels. Not up to ESB in my opinion, but still excellent !! Loved the Obi Vs Anakin dual.

2. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Well before I say anything about the movie, I'm going to say a huge THANK YOU!! to Fox for organising this!

Your work superb and I just realized that I forgot to thankyou on mic so my apologies! You did a *****load* of work!

The night went smoothly from what I gathered and the audience were appreciatve of the TSF (that's The Smith Family) angle and endured the speeches well!

I'll say on behalf of TSF thankyou all, it was a very special night! If someone could send me a decent photo which includes me for work purposes that would be good! See my profile for my emil address.

Cheers and when are we going to see it again?

3. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    Yes, a big thanks to Fox for all the work he put it. It was a magnificent night & one to be remembered :D

4. thaira

thaira Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    I loved it :D In my opinion hayden improved greatly from the last movie, and with the longer hair.. *swoons* hehe anyway, my favourite part would be when R2D2 went aggro at those droids :)

Unfortunetly my experience was slightly ruined as I constantly had to keep elbowing my brother and dad as they literally fell asleep and started snoring *sighs* I know it was 2am and all but please... how can you fall asleep!!!

Thankyou Fox for organising it all, it was great to watch the movie knowing that all the other people (minus my family) were just as excited about seeing it as me :D

5. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Onya Fox.
    After leaving the cinema, several thoughts were stuck in my head.
    1. The quality of the film was DISMAL, if LFL spent all that money on great FX, they were lost on the poor quality of the film reproduction.
    2. I really dont know if I liked it or not, more over that its all over now. My journey has finished & am mulling over selling large chunks of my collection.
    Will sleep on it further.

6. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    Well done Fox was a great night ;)
    Well being starwars im sucked in from the start but as much as I do love Star wars (Original trilogy mostly). I have to say I wasnt overly impressed. There where parts I loved and parts I loathed. But all in all i still had a great night.

Was fantastic seeing everyone in costume great work guys.

7. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Again, thanks to Fox and Toddi for staging a great event.

What did I think? Well I missed the first ten minutes as my eyes were still recovering from the searing they got when Evil took off his shirt ;)

I also noticed that the quality of the print was dismal. If that's what its like on the first showing which blotches and scratches I'd hate to see it after its been through the projector a few times. I was left thinking that I can't wait for the DVD which will look much brighter and sharper at home. Anyway enough of the technicalities.

Definitely the best of the prequels, and while it fills in the gaps it just reinforces my love of the original trilogy. I wasn't ready for as much humour in the first part and R2 stole the show there. Then the second darker half balanced it out. Anakin's descent into darkeness was awesome, but the Emperor's melodramatics were a bit much. I'm glad I read the novel first because I found the story hard to follow at times, and there were big chunks in the novelisation which did not appear in the film. What happened to all the senators discussions?

And in the end it just seemed like, lets see how many loose ends we can tie up in the last 5 minutes.

Oh, and I thought that Grevious was very cool apart from the fact that he seemed to be trying to cough up a fur-ball or something most of the time.

8. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    I agree DM, there were parts of the novel that definitely should have been in the film ... just a few off hand ...

1. Meeting of senators and then with Palpy
    2. Yoda and Qui-Gon talking

There's more but can't remember right now ...

9. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Unless you know that Grievous had his guts "squashed" by Mace Windu in the kidnapping of Palpatine, it would overly make sense.
    George was never one for explaining the ins & outs of the characters..
    Thank you DD & DM, I thought it was just me being overly critical, but you guys picked out that same points that left me flat. Dont get me wrong, I liked it, but just reinforces my love of the original trilogy - especially, A New Hope.. the masterpiece that started it all... a long time ago...

10. thaira

thaira Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    Oh Im not saying it was anywhere as near as good as the original trilogy, I went in there not really thinking about what to expect, just hoping that it would be better then the first two. It did that so I was happy, guess Im just easy to please *l*

11. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Did I meet you last night T ?
    what were you wearing ?

12. thaira

thaira Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    Bright white jumper, jeans *l* I was 3rd row from the front.. right behind guri (i think, the one with the gorgeous costume?) and a princess leia hehe not like you could remember that but still.

13. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that was a bit underwhelmed. Great lightsaber action, but the ending/s were a bit annoying. Plus all the stuff the droids do in the EU is a bit of a nonsense now :(

And damn if those Council members didn't get owned by Palpatine. I really wanted a bit more of a 4 on 1, not Saesee, Agen and Kit dying in 2 seconds.

14. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    I think the emperor was pushing the cheese-o-meter, bit to much over acting and tweaking in the mace windu scene, I love paply's voice from return of the Jedi, that would have been plenty sinister enough. In this case i think less would have been more, save the cheese for the toaster. Oh and dont even get me started on Franken Vader....what was with that walk??? NOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!!

15. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    THE STORY WAS AWSOME!!
    The qualtiy was ****

Can we call and complain !!
    Fox can you ?? My Brother is writing a compint the the GU People soo . . .

No, the movie was sad !!! And funny !! its hard to laugh when you a emotionaly destressed !! :D but I loved it. SO tottaly better then Ep 2, but not as good as ep 1. :D

16. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    this is our letter we have sent to the GU.

Date: Thursday, 19 May 2005
    The Manager
    Greater Union - Marion
    Level 3, 297 Diagonal Rd
    Oaklands Park, SA 5046
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Last Night, I had the privilege of attending one of the midnight screenings of Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I was a guest of a South Australian Fan Force (SAFF) Member.

My understanding is that the SAFF booked out an entire Cinema (Cinema 2) for their own screening and would have paid nearly $3000 for this event.

Whilst the storyline and screenplay was of exceptional standard, I was rather surprised and appalled that the quality of the actual film, as opposed to the screenplay, was considerably less than that of what I had come to expect from Greater Union Marion
    Cinemas.

The problems that I noticed while watching the film were:
     The film seems slightly out of focus, thus appearing fuzzy on the screen.
     With the faster moving scenes, the fuzziness turned into a blur.
     2/3s of the way into the film, green lines appeared to the right hand side of the
    film.
     Black Holes appeared at random intervals during the movie

Through the membership of the SAFF and the joys of the internet, I have found that most of SAFF that attended last night agree with me.

I remained to watch the credits, and after closing my eyes for about a minute, I opened them just to confirm that the film was fuzzy, and it was not my eyes playing
    tricks on me.

I feel that I have let down by your staff, and I am considerably less likely to choose Greater Union Marion for my repeat business.

I sincerely hope that you will endeavour to improve your standards.

Yours Sincerely,

17. thaira

thaira Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    just one thing out of curiousity, I thought the green/red lines was someone playing with those annoying little lasers? I swear I saw someone to the right moving their hands weirdly when these lines appeared *lol* I could be wrong though..

18. Paw-of-Arcticfox

Paw-of-Arcticfox Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    after all the lists and letters, maybe a few of you should wait a while after seeing it another time or two.....before getting ahead of yourselves in angers and fears

learnt nothing, did we, for living in the Star Wars realm?

and get out in the sun for some fresh air for a little while.....

whiny Humans

send letters, sure

but dont expect good in return, when we wish to attend the up coming triple features. i for one wish not to have the SAFF name used for YOUR personal opinion - ask anyone else for THEIR choice in this matter

Fox lives in a world of balance, but my balance comes from within - the world around us seems not to wish to keep up

i got this way of life from seeing things in Georges vision, that even if he did not intend to, resonates in my soul - life is to be lived in BALANCE

living in the extremes of emotion gets you nowhere, girls and boys - if FOX had given into the extremes of all the emotions that organizing our session had brought to bare, the night would never have happened - and some Humans in HERE might never see their life the same way again.....

me, i enjoyed the night (but for a few impatient sorts). i IMMERSED myself in the story with a clear mind.

the air is nice and fresh outside - gonna grab the hammock, and read my book....

....watch the clouds and be happy i have a nice life to live.

(make of my words what you will, i know my way in the scheme of things - it is the responsibility of YOU to be at peace, but i know you will find it - when and if you are ready. just be happy it is only the PAW whom talks...)

19. Tzhan

Tzhan Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2005
    Ok, setting the scene, i'm a 17 year old male who doesn't get emotional, EVER. So here i was watching the last instalment of something that has been my passion for well over half of my life.

Ok, so the movie starts well, the opening crael comes up, but i manage to control my emotions, as i do for most of the first part of the film.
    Then comes order 66, and when Aylaa(sp?) turns to the camera and you just know what's going to happen, tear suddenly sprung to mine eyes.
    I soon managed to conrol my emotions once again but then came the scene with Obi, Organa and Yoda in the hallway on the tantive. I don't know why, it must have been the nostalgia of that bloody hallway, i completely lost it and the tears began to flow.

From then on i simply couldn't take it, the emotions got the better of me.

All in all i absolutely loved it, easily second only to The empire strikes back it seems that George Lucas has saved what appears to be his best........

till last?

20. Paw-of-Arcticfox

Mar 10, 2005
    Fox salutes the Wisdom of youth - it can exist at any age, or not at all - Tzhan HAS

HOPEFULY not his last, non? wounder how long till the tv show airs....

the point that seemed the most powerful to me, was the Jedi Council chamber at night - a youngling steps forwad to Anikin......the rise of the heat beat i got, the instant Ankin/Vaders sabre explodes to light......the smallest jump of all, and step back of the child....

...you didnt need to see what happend, and GL knew it -THAT is the most powerful imagery yo can get, non?

Fox saw the original as a child...and saw the latest, from the eyes of the same.....

i think thats why the Smith Family seemed an appropriate choice for a charity.....if Anikin had been given the instruction that was his due - EVERYONES due, then his fate may have been a happier
    one.....and for those around him.

interesting how these things affect us, in many ways and levels, non?

21. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Did you not have a good time last night?

Are you not a Star Wars fan?

why complain???????

you got to see the movie, you got to see it in a small and intimate setting with a group of people who are like minded and the atmosphere was electric!!

I don't get it. I've seen it 3 times now. I love it. :D

I guess it's the old adage......

you just can't please some people.

22. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
    Question -
    was it Just me or was "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away" spelt wrong ??
    (ie - I lnog time ago in a galaxy far far away)

23. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    i'd not normally put it to an Iced Coffee Bet, but if you could confirm it with someone with an 'aquired' copy....then i'd put up the iced coffe....

:D

24. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    I'm fairly sure it wasn't spelled incorrectly...

25. Paw-of-Arcticfox

Mar 10, 2005
    what, you want an iced coffee too?

lol

did anybody notice the millenium falcon just before Anni and Obi returned Palp to the Mace? on the landing pad - Winter pointed it out to me the exact moment my own hand shot up...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.