main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Well, do tell !! EP 3 your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Just a comment on the film quality. The cinema can't do much about the blemishes on the print it receives from the distributor, which I guess is Fox in this case (no, not that one, the other one, the big one ;) ). You can imagine the logistics involved in a simultaneous world wide release of the film. Other issues are to do with the projection system and you'll find similar problems with all cinemas. Until cinemas start rolling out digital projections systems we are stuck with this.

I think we all love the movies so much we want everything to be perfect. We are all watching so intently, so immersed in the drama, that any distractions become quite jarring. After a couple of viewings you won't even notice anymore I'm sure.

Getting back to the film, I did see a MF type ship flying in. I also heard Wookiees sounding like Tarzan. And I now know how to pronounce Kashyyyk (as do a lot of people who were sitting around me judging by the way they repeated it to themselves)

2. MsWinter

MsWinter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    If I were directing....

the wookies would have let out an almighty roar that would have shaken the cinema...

but as I am just a pleb, that didn't happen.

ah well.....

I loved it anyway. I'll love it again. I've done it 3 times and still am finding new stuff in it to love.

everyone knows I can be the most distracted person on the planet....and I didn't get distracted by anything!!!

:D

3. Tzhan

Tzhan Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2005
    I'm seeing it again tommorow after school with a whole bunch of my friends who are not really star wars fans.

I am really interested to see how someone who is rather indifferent about the movie will find it.

Speaking of wookies, what was with that little discussion chewie and the other one had just as yoda was leaving, they were just grunting at each other.

4. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    as I don't speak Wookie (there aren't many who do), I can't tell you.....

but it was touching....I thought that was a lovely poignant bit in the movie.

:)

5. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    I think you're free to make up your own subtitles on that one Tzhan ;)

And I loved the "Awwwwww" that went through the cinema when Yoda climbed up on Chewies back (I think it was Chewie)

6. Tzhan

Tzhan Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2005
    Touching, for sure
    understadable, i don't think so, but then again you never know they could just be discussing which pizza to order.

Did i mention how much i loved this movie.

7. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    yeah, that was Chewie....

first collective 'awww' that I heard at that bit...shows who the real SW fans are!\

did I mention that I've loved it 3 times now?
    :D

8. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    For some reason I just thought of European Vacation where the Griswalds stay with their German 'family', in regard to the Wookie conversation.

"Who was that little green guy?"

"Didn't you invite him here?"

"No, I thought you did"

"OK. Just wave and smile then"

9. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    If I were directing I'd make it so that it was much slower at the end (ie. Padmes funeral much longer and more emotional).

10. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Maybe i'm old & jaded, spoilt by the delights of the past. Not many of us here are from the school of '77 & I challenge ANYONE here on their passion for these films compared to my own. Go on .. make my day.
    My main beef was with the fact that GL is so METICULOUS with all the details put into these films for optimum audience enjoment..... Then 20th C FOX.. reproduces it & mass distributes it with REALLY poor quality prints. It's that attention to detail that I love about these films. Trust me, it aint for the great acting !
    That being said ít was a good ending to the story.
    I'd have complained to 20th C FOX.
    See the movie twice at the cinema & you could've bought the DVD & watched it in better quality at home.
    The prints at TTP were just as bad according to a friend, they were really disappointed with the quality as well.

Balance ? Sounds Boring !

11. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    I agree the print wasn't up to Lucasfilm's usual standard,Sound went wonky sometimes too, don't know why ?
    But
    It didn't diminish the wonderful time I had last night. I've seen it twice now & I hope to see it another 2 times before I go back to work. I thought the battles & the new locations were just sensational. The final dual was epic. Was by far the best of the prequels me thinks.

12. Suvlaco

Mar 13, 2005
    The quality for the cinema I was in was fine (Cinema 30). E-I, were you in any of the photos, I didn't get to beat you in that Air Hockey game!

13. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Didnt see anyone running up looking for me, so I really dont think you were trying real hard. I was asking around for you.
    I had a victory on air hockey anyway....

You're just lucky little man.....

14. Suvlaco

Mar 13, 2005
    Were you in any of the photos? I was wearing a Red and White T-Shirt with Fabregas 15 on the back and was with 3 ppl that are in their mid-20s...

Notice me? What were you looking like.

Also, to put not to finer point on it, my brother doesn't exactly think the highest of the costumed people...

15. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh @ Suvlaco.

16. menace_1976

menace_1976 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi All
    Well I have seen Episode III twice and was content happy with the film. It was not in my opinion the best but was really excellent. A few scenes were cheesy ( such as Darth Vadar yelling out " NOOOOO" when he heard that he killed Padme , and how quick in a matter of a minute after Anakin killed Mace Windu which he was regretting that Anakin rushed through to pledge allegience to the darkiside and kill the Jedi in the Temple. I must say I loved the scene when Darth Sidious is pleading for help from Anakin when Mace is about to kill him, Mace gets his arm chopped off and the Emperor looks up, grins and totally slaughters him with electricity bolts demonstrating his power. Also his power is demonstrated again when he fights Yoda.
    It was a dark ending but I enjoyed it and will be attending a Gold session this Sunday with some mates at Marion so all I can say now is I look forward to the Star Wars Marathon if there is one.
    Regards

17. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Mmmmm interesting thoughts indeed, and Fox your connection to TSF ... mmmm powerful it is! I loved the film .... who's up for Gold Class???

18. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    tomorrow Toddi ?? Gold class.

19. Ticon_Jangett

Ticon_Jangett Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    You guys are insane, three times already! That's sick. I saw it once, as in uno, 1. Screw you guys damn!
    Review...
    That NOOOOO! part with Vader was kind of cheezy, I agree. I thought the fight between Obi-Wan and Anakin was a little too fast. It was sort of hard to see who was who. I didn't like how Grievous and Dooku died so quickly either. They were barely part of the movie in a manner of speaking. I thought there was going o be some huge showdown with Dooku and Anakin, or Obi-Wan and Greivous but the good guys kickd their @$$'s. I liked how everything connect, that was my biggest fear, that the this movie would be a so-so movie and the whole series would go down in history as moderate.
    I saw tie fighters, speeder bikes and their riders. The AT-ST's, the Star Destroyers had one difference: a single red stripe down on the bottom. if anyone read the Timothy Zhan Thrawn trilogy, there are some questions about how all the Jedi died. Lucas pulled it off in one of the best ways possibly, except for the fact that I really, really, wanted to turn to the Dark side for revenge against Anakin. The bastard, trying to kill his wife, killing the younglings, the Jedi, his master! It's hard to believe he can ever turn back, but turn he does, right?

Sorry for taking so long, and I still hate you for seeing it three times! Or twice! Damn!

20. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    I'm there MS, just tell me what time!!

21. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    sent you PM with times. Anyone else inetested in Gold class tomorrow ?

22. MsWinter

Mar 10, 2005
    got a little word in my ear last night about how many PMs run around here at night....hee hee......

print quality. Stupid printer....picking on print quality.

You go make a better filum.

bet you can't.

:p

23. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Our fan film will rock!!! Yeah ... err ok back to normal transmission

24. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    1.05 pm tomorrow & G.U Marion Gold Class.
    Anyone else interested ?

25. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Feb 7, 2005
    Me ... I'm going!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.