main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Well, do tell !! EP 3 your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by _Master-Skywalker_, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Well saw it again yesterday, and yep, still a good movie ... but a few things still irked me ...

The whole Padme dying from 'losing the will to live' thing was hokey ... the force choke was a much better reason! Should've been left as it was IMO.

As an Obi-Wan fan (can you tell?) I thought he was excellent and was given quite a bit of the humour too.

Great movie, I'll see it again for sure ... bring on the dvd!

2. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Cant wait for the DVD as the cinema was CRAP.
    Lost my $$$$ to see it again in the cinema..

I want the detail........

3. REACTOR_DRONE

REACTOR_DRONE Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2005
    Saw the movie again yesterday at salisbury in a cinemaxx theatre.It is sooooo much better with the big picture and DTS sound.

The young Tarkin at the end is played by Wayne Pygram who played scorpius on Farscape which was cool,now I can say I've met Grand moff Tarkin woo hoo hehehe.

4. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Oh wow, I didn't know that. Pretty cool :D

5. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    did anyone catch Lucas and his family. Him and his daughter was in the opera scene and his son Jett, was the padawan killed in front of Bail. His name onscreen was Jett Lucasta

6. Danikan

Danikan Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2005
    Damn. They shot the wrong Lucas. Oh well.

I might be treading old ground here, but did anyone else think Palpatine (or his master) was responsible for creating Anakin? That little anecdote at the opera seemed to suggest it.

7. Tzhan

Tzhan Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2005
    Danikan, its a possibilty, but then again i think palpatine said it for that exact reason. When you look back at everything he says during the prequels it seems he is saying something that has many meanings.

But its good to think that maybe Anakin was created by the sith, that he is their chosen one.

8. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Are you saying Danikan, my old padawan, that Palpy did the dirty with Mrs Skywalker??? *LOL*

So many comments ... not going near any of them!

9. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Saw it again today.
    Saw the Falcon this time.
    Better quality at TTP.

Happy to see it broke the opening day record in the U.S.
    Still didnt top LOTR ROTK here though.

Wonder if it will top Titanic for the highest grossing.

10. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    The Sith didn't create Anakin. The force did. Nearly *everything* Palpatine said in the film was lies. The best thing I got from reading spoilers was that Palpatine was completely manipulating Anakin. Yes, most people would have got that, but if you view the film that he is lying all the time, it gave the perspective of an even more horrible demise for the boy.

Was anyone else annoyed by the stupid wipes and fades throughout? The checkerboard one in particular. Really took me out of the moment a few times. Stupid an self indulgent editing, especially as many of them are inconsistent with the next three films as they don't appear like that again.

But that's just nitpicking and griping. I think it was quite good. Damn near close to being fantastic, surprising close....annoyingly close perhaps. Review to follow when I've seen it again. Hopefully sometime in the next couple of days.

11. menace_1976

menace_1976 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2005
    Hi All
    Firstly I wish to say no hard feelings to Evil Incarnate for my over reaction to his comments in the past, I need to lighten up sometimes I guess and deal wih criticism.
    Anyway I watched Episode III again in the Gold Cineman today at Marion and man talk about the cinema experience, nachos, beer, recliner chairs you name it the movie was excellent. Outside the session I met someone dressed up as Qui Gon Jin and I showed him our Star Wars JAckets Mum picked up for me and my friends in Hong Kong and he liked them. Does anyone know who this person was handing out pamphlets? He was a true Star Wars fan if I ever met one, in fact I swear I saw him in Saturdays Advertiser where they talked about the Jedi Religion and had pictures of star wars fans?
    I am off to Perth next week and have booked in for another Gold Session of Star Wars for me and 3 buddies as this experience rules.
    Oh does anyone know off any Star Wars marathons happening soon?
    Ben Aka Menace

12. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    That was Toddi, Danakin and Kooky in Saturday's paper. As far as I know, they weren't handing out any pamphlets anywhere today.

We haven't heard anything about marathons yet, but I'm sure that once we do, someone will post it here.

13. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Toddi was handing out pamphlets for the Crazy Horse Revue......

Dirty little Jedi!

14. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Saw it again at TTP today. Much better quality, but even apart from that, enjoyed it even more the second time around - I knew I would :)

Spotted Jeremy Bullock piloting the Tantavie IV taking Obi-Wan and Yoda back to Coruscant.

15. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    What session did you go to ?
    We went to the 11:30 .
    Did you spot the Falcon ?

16. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Was at the 2:30 session which was packed. Saw the Falcon first time around as well - luckily was looking in the right direction at the time.

I also noticed at the end, when Anakin is on the table getting his new 'do', the lighting on the floor is the black and white six 'spoked' Imperial symbol.

17. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Like the difference in the promo trailer where Vaders hands are up next his chest/shoulders by his side.
    In the movie, theyre down by his side.

Wassup wit dat ?

18. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    That's so in 20 years time, there will be endless debates along the lines of,

"I saw that movie when it came out in the cinemas and I *swear* that Vader's arms were up"

"No way man, those arms were down"

"Up"

"Down"

"Up"

and so on and so forth.

19. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    Did anybody read in the Sunday Mail that the movies were going to be re-released in 3D ? Interesting.

20. evil-incarnate

Jun 30, 2004
    Just as long as I dont have to wear the GAY glasses

21. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    No u wont..only if you want to see it in 3D

22. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I think they'll come out for the 30th anniversary. Hopefully along with a DVD box set.

23. _Master-Skywalker_

Apr 30, 2005
    2007 ?? Man !! that's like 2 years away !! Can't wait for 3D

24. Ticon_Jangett

Ticon_Jangett Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    First, when do you see the falcon?
    Second, nobody answered my question that other people had said. Luke asks about Leia's real mother and Leia knows what she looks like and that she's kind. Padme dies before she has a chance to be kind. It can't be the Organa mother because Luke says "your real mother".

25. Tzhan

Tzhan Jedi Master star 3

Apr 25, 2005
    Firstly, just after the crash sequence at beggining when Obi and Ani dock at the senate it shows a broad shot of the two level docking bay. Bottom right hand corner the falcon just fly's in, very cool.

The stuff about Leia's mum i can't really answer, i do have two theories though.
    -first, maybe Bail Organa's wife died and he re-married and Leia thought that his first wife was her 'real mother'. that is a total theory though, with no evidence whatsoever.
    -second, i always like to think Leia is more gifted in the force than Luke and seeing as she is woman she would have a better chance of forming an istant empathic bond whith her mother. What i am trying to say is maybe she caught flashes through the force of what her mother was like as she was being born. Once again a totally baseless theory.

Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.