main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Well, fudge me!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by MrNeech, Feb 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrNeech

MrNeech Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    So do you guys actually discuss anything at the discussion forums or is it just JediPaul ranting about absolute crap and everyone replying to it? I would like to discuss any movies that people have seen lately that they either recommend or thought were *****!

2. Killer Ewok

Killer Ewok Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 1999
    How would you like to be fudged? We have a lovely selection of flavours . . . sorry. Couldn't help myself.

These are the movies I've seen which have graced/marred the big screen.

Coyote Ugly (twice) - Pretty good - attractive females dancing on a bar while one of them fights her stage fright to become a successful song writer.
    Charlies Angels (twice) - Pretty good - attractive females doing gravity defying stunts in order to save their boss Charlie - only it takes them half the movie to realise he's the one who needs saving.
    Bring It On (yes, I've seen it) - Pointless - Attractive females doing cheerleading - I think there may have been a story in there somewhere, but if there was, I'd like someone to point it out.
    Meet the Parents - Amusing - Rather than focus on the attractive female form, this movie decided to put one person through a series of amusing misfortunes.
    Nutty Prof II - I saw it 'cause it was free. Never again! Never again!
    What Women Want - Well made + amusing - Gibson prooves his vesatility (once again) in front of the camera in an amusing romantic comedy.
    Shaft (twice) - Lame - I couldn't sit through it a second time the whole way through. It's well done, for what it is, but you can't take the action scenes seriously with that music - groovy though it may be.

Well, I think that's it for these hols. Some I regret, some I don't. Is that good enough, or do you want videos, too?

3. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Mr Neech I resent u saying that i rant about crap!, waht aboput your thread.. I ENCOURAGE everybody to touch my bathing suit area?,w hat's that? lol

4. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    But Paul, you do go on and on about garbage.

5. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    And u don't?

6. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Sorry but this isn't about me know is it.

7. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    But u said I post garbage

8. Riffington

Riffington Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2000
    You deny this?
    Not that no-one else here posts garbage (it makes up most of what's called conversation around these parts) but you seem to post more of it than anyone else.

Lessee...movies I've seen recently:
    Coyote Ugly - gotta agree with Killer Ewok on that one

Bring It On - same deal (being a Buffy fan, I basically went because Eliza Dushku was in it)

Dungeons & Dragons - was quite good....there is some very nice CG. Having played D&D, this was a movie I had to see, and I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't suck.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - I'm not really qualified to review this, as I slept through half of it (having spent the previous couple of days at a LAN party and having had no sleep.) I shall get it on video and watch it again.

Riff
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"

9. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Go see Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon NOW!

NOW DAMN IT! Get off your arse and go see it! I've seen it twice now, and it's still absolutely amazing!

10. Killer Ewok

Killer Ewok Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 1999
    I have every intention of doing so . . . when I have some money. It's good to know that some traditional hong kong theatre has finally hit the big screen!

11. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Suggestion noted.

12. sith star

sith star Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2000
    ok lets talk movies then the only scary part about book of shadows is that it was so boring and what makes it worse is they are going to make another part ahhhhhhhhhh

13. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Then don't watch it.

14. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    A Star Wars thread and we r talking about other movies, hey and u say i post garbage lol, oh by the way I watched "Loser" last nite on video, quite funny it was:)

15. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Saw D&D last night, kind of wished I hadn't. That was down right awful! On the plus side I saw the Final Fantasy trailer, now I can't wait for that one. <drools all over keyboard>

16. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Finally someone else who didn't like D&D!

Acting -poor..very poor...actually the worst I've seen in a while

Characters- 2 dimensional..and if you didn't like Jar JAr Binks, you're gonna want to shoot the side-kick in this!

Plot- can't remember it

Effects-good but overshadowed by the above

17. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Yeah the affects were better than I thought, but that alone does not make a film.

18. MrNeech

Nov 27, 2000
    The effects weren't good enough to replace the whole movie though.
    And by the way Paul...I created this thread to specifically NOT be about Star Wars. It is not a Star Wars thread. I'm hoping to find similar interests with other people other than the obvious Star Wars one...M'ok?
    Like Grieyls and Kaylan's mutual loathing of the D&D movie. Or Silmarillion liking Fight Club and The Big Lebowski. Or you with your....? What the hell else do you do?

19. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Probably nothing.

20. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Gah! I downloaded the Final Fantasy trailer about a month ago and was absolutely gobsmacked. It looks absolutely unbelievable!

They've got a cardboard stand-up at Indooro as well, so I'm hoping it's not too far away!

21. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Me well I also happen to like Comedy shows:), im my book u can't beat shows like Blackadder, lol George and Mildred, Fawlty Towers etc, Bread now that's funny! etc so there Grieyls I do like something else:p, are there also any other pureveyors of such fine comedy on these boards?

22. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Thanks for the that.

23. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Cool jedipaulaw - my dad like those shows too!

24. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Don't encourage the boy.

25. MrNeech

Nov 27, 2000
    Gee Paul.....wow! I truly mean that too...wow.
    As for the Final Fantasy movie, I think it is coming out between april and june sometime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.