main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Well, I guess the love of Star Wars 'is strong in my family'

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Tepec Fett, May 6, 2015.

1. Tepec Fett

Tepec Fett Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2015
    Greetings!

I've decided to come by and say hi after I fell once more in total addiction for the Star Wars Universe. I mean since I'm 9 years old, I've just kept being some kind of a heavy Expanded Universe reader, starting from the X-Wing books saga to Legacy of the Force through the awesome New Jedi Order story and so on. I must admit that at some point I had some "pauses", like during my reading of the LotF saga, when at some point one of my cousins who also read that at the same time phoned me just because he was too sad about the end of "Sacrifice" :( (I won't spoil).
    And the title of this thread is about that: my mom, my sister, my cousins, we've all being amazed by the franchise from the Lego toys to costumes and everything, so Star Wars is kind of an important part of my life and family-life.

So, why coming now? Well, after another pause because I'm currently in Tokyo, Japan (whereas I'm from Bordeaux, France) for a 6 months internship which is taking me most of my time, I started to watch the Clone Wars TV series. I had already seen a few episodes some years ago, and even if I really liked the way it was bringing some depth about the clones lives and thinkings, I didn't went further ... Until recently. And dear God, this TV show for kid was really astonishing: I mean, it's a family show, but for me, it really had the essence of the movies: okay it's sometimes naive, but it isn't stupid or doesn't think that kids are idiots, and some arks bring so much depth to the entire Clone Wars events, how Palpatine is "playing his pawns", how the Jedi became less popular, ...
    So progressively, I started to "being fully addicted to Star Wars" again, offered the Clone Wars series 1 to 5 DVDs to my sister -who loved that as much as I did (and she's currently building her lightsaber for the Force Awakens release)-, and yesterday I wanted even more, so I went to a Star Wars exhibition in Tokyo called "Visions".

[​IMG]
    For short, it was an exhibition showing the pieces of art from 60 artists selected by George Lucas, with amazing paintings, costumes, maquettes, but I wasn't allowed to take pics for you guys :-(

Anyway, I just need my dose of Star Wars on a daily basis now, and that's why I'm here!
    Hope to see what you guys are up to!

Friendly yours,

P.S. : oh yeah, and to say how Star Wars is everywhere in my family, my avatar is a drawing my girlfriend made me for Christmas.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have already talked to you sorta but welcome anyway.