main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Well, it's officially over.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by omar_r786, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omar_r786

omar_r786 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
  2. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    Well said Omar.

3. omar_r786

omar_r786 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    I feel more for the people behind the scenes who need the sport to pay their bills. My cousion knows the guy who owns the Shark Club on Lougheed Highway because he works there. Business hasn't been as good as it was (obviously) but now it'll be worse--who knows when the next NHL game will be played.

4. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    THIS BLOWS..

I dont watch Baseball or Football at all... Its Either Soccer or Hockey for me.. and interesting enough, there arent that much Soccer shows here in New York... Adn now this.. $#*&

Oh well...

*puts Star Wars on DVD Player

5. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    On the one hand, I'm upset that the parties couldn't get their stuff together and get the deal done for the good of the game and the people who depend on the game for their income. On the other hand, maybe, just maybe, they will make some positive and fundamental changes that will improve the league. And it does really need improvements as many of the games are almost unwatchable.

6. SquallLeonhart

SquallLeonhart Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2004
    HOLY CRAP GUYS!!! It's not over! There may...nay shall be a hockey season! Or ayt least that's what the rumors say...I for one hope to god that the rumors are true

7. artoo-am-not

artoo-am-not Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2005
    Reports say that Gretzky and Lemieux are going to participate in the negotiations tomorrow. Unfortunately, Goodenow and Bettman will also be there so I'm not sure what progress can be made with those two leading the talks. We will see.

8. dooku-ca-choo

Jun 5, 2004
    First it's over, then it's not, now it's over again. This is ridiculous.

Game Over (Again)

9. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Well if anyone could have pulled the two sides out of their butts and got a deal done, it wouldve Gretzky and Lemieux. I respect them for trying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.