main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Well Lovely Lotus, you get to meet...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimike421, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimike421

jedimike421 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2002
    Carrie Fisher Coming to Celebration II

One of the original and best-known stars of the Star Wars saga, Carrie Fisher, will be at Celebration II at the Indiana Convention Center May 3, 4 and 5.
    Fisher played the leader of the Rebellion, the strong, atypical damsel-in-distress Princess Leia Organa in Star Wars: A New Hope, and in each subsequent film of the Classic Trilogy. She will appear onstage at Celebration II for an exclusive interview with Master of Ceremonies Anthony Daniels as well as to answer fan questions. Fans also will have the opportunity to meet Fisher, and have her sign an autograph for them in the C2 Ventures autograph area.

Fisher was just 19 years old when she became a cultural icon as Princess Leia in A New Hope. However, her film career started when she was even younger, playing opposite Warren Beatty in Shampoo in 1975. She is the daughter of actress Debbie Reynolds and singer Eddie Fisher. In addition to A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi, Fisher has performed in The Blues Brothers, Garbo Talks, The Man with One Red Shoe, Hannah and Her Sisters, The Burbs, This is My Life, When Harry Met Sally, Austin Powers, Scream 3, Heartbreakers, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Currently Fisher hosts Conversations from the Edge with Carrie Fisher, a series of specials on the Oxygen Network. In the one-hour, intimate talk show, Fisher spends some individual time with well-known figures from the entertainment world.

Fisher also wrote a comedy for ABC Pictures entitled These Old Broads, starring her mother Debbie Reynolds, Elizabeth Taylor, Shirley MacLaine, and Joan Collins. These Old Broads was a resounding success, garnering the second highest ratings for a movie-of-the-week for ABC television.

Though she is famous for her film roles, Carrie devotes much of her time to writing. She has penned several novels, including the semi-autobiographical Postcards from the Edge, which was made into a successful movie starring Meryl Streep. Postcards from the Edge was given the Los Angeles Pen Award for best first novel. Two additional best selling novels, Surrender the Pink and Delusions of Grandma, followed. Fisher is currently completing her fourth book, an autobiography.

Fisher is also one of the most sought-after "script doctors" in Hollywood, and her writing credits include several Academy Awards shows.

2. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    I can't stop smiling...OH YEAH..OH MAN! I know exactly what I am having signed!

Thanks MIKE!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.