main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hawaii "Well of course I know him....he's me!" -ObiWan Kenobi Ep. 4 (Eric Castillo)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jaded-wan, Jun 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaded-wan

Jaded-wan Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2002
    Okay, this is the second time that I'm doing this. I responded to that other guy that was wondering if anyone knew of me and I didn't see my reply to his post. Anyway's yes, I am the notorious Eric Castillo!!! Hehehehe. I was told my many of my friends that someone was trying to find out who I was, which I find kinda funny. I look consider "any fan" of Star Wars a very important part of the success of the films and not just me, much less consider myself interesting or unique. I can say this though, it was a great experience being at the premiere! With all the hype and excitment, I couldn't have hoped for more. I just wanted to be a part the the country's enthusiasm and encourge others to do so as well. That evening was so great and the people that I've met was terrific! I share a lot of the credit to my friends who helped and supported me. I am also greatful to some of the people that have become my friends. (I hope). Life is full of suprises and that one night was a welcomed one. Anyways, I'll keep checking the post as much as I can and for those who were curious about who I am, I guess the mystry is over.

Mahalo Eric Castillo

2. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    hi, eric,

nice to have you join us. luv your R2D2 and your C3PO. My spouse thought they were fantastic; I'm just so very proud of your hard work and luv of star wars to do that. You make up for our lack of midnight attendance and held the banner high for us on opening night. Hope you continue to be a part of us.

mac

3. LuckyLando

LuckyLando Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2002
    "eric ya got a lotta nerve coming around her after what you pulled, how ya doin ya old pirate!!". yea yea yea eric you were first(not by much) blah blah, but lets tell everyone who's camp-out was better??? Let me introduce myself to everybody, my name is evan and i'm actually a youngin compared to kost. i'm 17 right now but i turn 18 next month. for those of you that read the star-bulletin during the hype, you may ahve read about me, my friend kris, and my brother camping out for over 35 hours(STRAIGHT!). me and my friend also skipped school and graduation practice, but luckily they let us go. Eric and i became friends while camping out and hopefully we will make more on this forum. we need to get more activity on this board, seems like theres only about 1-2 posts every few days. anyways i'm glad to be a member now, peace out....

4. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    welcome to our corner of the great out there, LL.

5. Yoda808

Yoda808 Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    ^^^ 35 hours, that's impressive, I on the other hand was only able to camp out for 26 hours, but, I did fly up to the mainland to camp out though.

6. Jaded-wan

Jaded-wan Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2002
    Hi everyone out there! Thanks for all the replies. I just checked out the site and it's cool to know that someone is reading all this. It's really cool. Here's a "thought of the day". Ever wonder how art imitates life? Well in the case of Star Wars it couldn't be anymore true. I see that there are all good things and bad. And Lucas has made that pretty clear in his films. Maybe not so black and white but in a mythological way. In all myths no matter what part of the world your from, most myths have a basic stuggle of good and evil. And in each of the stories the hero's are faced with a choice for good or evil. To most people is seems like it could be very easy, but the choices may seem "clouded or uncertain" because the final results can still lead to one or the other. In the case of Anakin, his youth and passion is driven strongly by his unstable emotions and feelings and he "feels" that his intentions are for the greater good. Unfortunately we know that his final choices eventually led to the fall of the Republic and the rise of the Empire. In contrast you can't really blame his youth and his passion for his demise, look at his son Luke. Luke was also young and passionate and he was also tempted my the dark side. But it was his better judgement and guidence from both Yoda and Obi-wan that gave him his real talent. Poor Anakin wasn't so fortunate because I think that Anakin was not given that close guidence or relationship that they had given Luke. Obi-wan probably (in my opinion) sacrificed the most for Anakin so that the force could be once again be balanced...he gave up his life! Strange. I see such a cool similarity between art and life. Something that we may or may not face everyday in our own lives. Pretty neat huh? Something to think about.

7. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    how our children are raised makes the difference how much they have to struggle growing into their adult lives, and how they approach problem solving to resolution. seems like it hasn't changed much since adam and eve. mythology says the same thing in different stories. folks like GL just make it more relevant in their story-telling. for those whose raising could have been better, GL's SW seems to have filled those voids, and made better people of us all.

8. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Eric...glad to see you've joined the small group that congregates here every so often. Yeah...I think what keeps Star Wars going is how it personally speaks to each person. Sometimes the Anakin in us wants to gain power. The Luke in us wants to do the right thing. The Han Solo in us feels like we can take on the whole Empire (or was that Dack?).

As small as Hawaii is, I hope the Star Wars community here can be tight-knit. I think mac-nut has done a wonderful job so far. I'm glad there are people like Eric who aren't afraid to go on TV and show others his talents and passions.

9. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    don't forget. We'll be picnicing at Ala Moana Park, diamond head side, makai, at the bend of the road, at the end of the wall next to the yacht moorings, where the fishermen hog all the space. look for our dark tan chevy van. We'll have a small greenish canopy up. We'll be there from 0430 till after fireworks. Cossybear will be doing her celebration up at schofield barracks since she lives in Waialua. I can't bribe her enough to come to town, for some reason. :D :D :D

10. EisforElectronic

EisforElectronic Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    Eric,

Where's the video, you psycho droid builder?!? Aren't you going to start building a destroyer droid, that rolls around? What about the plans for turning your car into a jedi starfighter? Ha Ha Ha! Time to start working on the next schedule, eh? I always wonder if we are the greater fools for following a fool like you. Hee Hee!!! Which Halloween contest are you planning on winning this year?

See ya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.