main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Well? (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JoeSunrider, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Oh man. I am so glad I stayed spoiler free because I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Watching all my favorite Jedi get picked off, one by one, and tossed aside like trash was so hard. The only one who didn't go out like a punk was Mace. Aayla Secura was shot in the back, then shot repeatedly as she lay dead! Those BASTARDS!

I have a new appreciation for the scene in ROTJ when Vader watches Palpatine frying Luke. In ROTS he makes the wrong decision. In ROTJ he makes the right one.

I now can finally see Darth Vader when I see Anakin, and vice versa.

The final shot is fantastic. Could NOT have been done any better.

I'm still in overload. More thoughts after I sleep.

2. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    Agree with Joe, I do.

Wow. Just... wow.

I'm going to bed--I'll talk to you fanboys and fangirls more tomorrow. In the afternoon.

Wow.

/head hits desk
    /zzz
    /burp
    /zzz

3. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i now have this sorrow and pitty for anakin, the chancellors deception and menipultion just makes me soo mad. the emotion in this film is phenomenol.

i'm speachless.

4. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Ummm in awe, plain and simple, in awe. No other words ... mmmmm crave sleep .. must sleep .,, will have more tomorrow when brain energizes agian.

Nighters

5. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    well just got home from watching it twice in a row and i have to say this is now my favorite of the series i found myself wanting anakin to smash the jedi and then the ending came and wow george out did himself this is the film we wanted to see .and we finally saw his power and i am really tired so live long and prosper

6. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    When we got home (staggering into the door), we went to sleep to the soothing sounds of Episode 4 :)

7. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    I just woke up. Only one phrase can sum it all up. HOLY CRAP! thats how good it was. Plus I saw it at 7:30 and 12:01. We also had some gerk tlken for some of the movie and makeing fun of it. Thank goodness some one threw him out.

Edit: One thing I did not notice, is that JEJ's name was not in the credits.

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I thought the comedy was perfect for the movie. R2 trying to hide the Jedi comlink was classic. That really made it feel like the original trilogy. The elevator scene where Anakin and Obi-Wan run to the elevator and and there are all kinds of fed droids in it. Funny stuff! And R2 sprays oil all over the super battle driods and torches them. And how did you like the last part with C3PO and R2 ... so .... R2 knew all along what was happening. 3PO got wiped. Wow. And we finally got to see what Alderann looked like before it went kaboom. And no wonder GL was gonna get an R rating for it, due to the lava scenes. Damn! intense!

Deadpool and I agree one of the most powerful scenes in the movie was the scene where Padme is looking off into the distance at the Jedi Temple and Anakin is looking back at where they live. No words, just good music and lots of emotion.

9. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    "Damn! intense!"

You said it. I was glad to see it twice with in 5 hours.

10. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i'm off to see it with my big bro right now.

and then again on sunday with my family.

l8er.

11. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    that was a powerful scene with padma and anakin looking towards each other.the scene that suprised me was when the emperor told yoda that darth vader aka anakin would be stronger than them both. and then hear anakin tell padma he could over throw palpatine.i believe anakin thought he was doing something to save the woman he loved in the end he made his vision come true.i dont think the emperor ever had a plan to save padma i think she had to die. now getting back to my little idea i had and i was talking about it at the meeting sounds like palpatine just might be anakin's father i mean why else would he let anakin go tell mace he was a sith and forgive him heck saved anakin,s life

12. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I severely doubt Palpatine, a highly respected Senator, would travel to an Outer Rim planet to knock space boots with a slave lady.

13. bolantej

bolantej Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    ROFLMAO! The more I think about it, the more I like it. I need to see it a few more times to really let it soak in, though. I'm still laughing about those poor guards that get knocked out by Yoda at the entrance to Palpatine's. Those poor saps didn't even have a chance.

14. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I need sleep after see the movie... I am going to see the movie tomorrow again.

Grr Sidious.
    Obi-Wan :(
    Padme and Anakin :_|

*zzzzz*

15. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Just got home from seeing it again, need to see it again, and again, and again.

16. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    So, it's late night the next day and I have a few goodies for y'all ;-)

First, props to LDV for the SacBee article. Here's a PDF I made of it for the peeps.

Next, we have some photos:

[image=http://homepage.mac.com/mike/tfn/lobby.jpg]
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/mike/tfn/dr_and_mrs_dr_and_501st_lobby.jpg]
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/mike/tfn/louie_and_carrie.jpg] (friends of mine)
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/mike/tfn/theater11.jpg]
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/mike/tfn/chewbacca_and_501st_theater11.jpg]
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/mike/tfn/chewbacca_theater12.jpg]
    [image=http://homepage.mac.com/mike/tfn/501st_theater12.jpg]

Finally, here's a little something special I made to... well, let's say "capture the moment" O:)

(QuickTime required--sorry, but it's a Mac Mac Mac Mac World out there)

(and no, I do not have any more than this, so please don't even ask)

(and for the sake of keeping everyone happy (cough lfl cough) , please be considerate and don't share this link with the outside world? It's for Sac Rogues who were at a midnight show! :cool:

17. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm still feeling the intensity. So many emotions in just a few hours time.
    Excitment, love, a little comedy, sadness, violence, .... brings a tear or two to my eyes.

I'm taking my older kids to it this weekend. Not sure if the younger 2 can handle it or not.

18. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Not sure if the younger 2 can handle it or not. I am not sure too. When Anakin and Obi-Wan.. well. :(

Is getting closer the time to get my son from school and see the movie again. Well me, my son will be wacthing the movie for the first time.

19. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    if you think about it, Lucas followed the formula of history repeats itself.

Anakin's choice to save Palpy from Mace to save Padme is bascially the same choice, In Jedi he just turns on Palpy to save what's left of Padme in Luke. I always had the feelings that Vader had his fill of this old twisted Man anyway.

I would love to see Anakins continued decline as Vader. I have to think his fall in III was not complete. It would be a blast to see Vader hitting bottom...or at least read about it in books.

20. outrider462004

Oct 31, 2004
    We must all meet to see it again I say.

21. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    joe, he wouldnt have to kock boots with shmi if he was the apprentice he told anakin about at the opera, which i think he is ,i also believe he never planned on saving padme but that is based on obi wan in empire strikes back but the emperor does many things that could counter that like the emoperor would be able to train the kids from birth which could take over when he was gone or take vader's place like he wanted luke to do in rotj.either way episode 3 was sweeeeeeeeeeet.i cant believe jar jar got to live.

22. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Well, to be Anakin's father, yes, he would have had to have hooked up with Shmi.

Bottom line is Anakin has no father, he was born of the Force. The prophecy came true; he DID restore balance to the Force by destroying Palpatine.

Also note the use of "balance," because without dark there's no light. So the prophecy could be taken several ways.

23. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    CONFIRMED ROTS 50mil in one day.

Star Wars: Episode III ? Revenge of the Sith" grossed $50,013,859 from showings at 3,661 theaters and more than 9,000 screens around the country Thursday, including special midnight shows, according to box-office tracker Exhibitor Relations

To digress further into what shall for all time be discussed and debated.

I love the vague aspects of it, I knew once I heard Palpy say it it would become a huge jumping point where fans would forever debate it.

It made the whole Midiclorins thing so much better and added some of the msytic proportions back to the Jedi.

I still think Padme dying leaves a huge hole in the dialog from ROTJ, who the bloody hell is Leia talking about when she mentions her Mother?

The only thing I was really hoping to see and was let down about was Mon Mothma. I thought for sure since She's in the film She would have a scene where She is disturbed by Palpy's move to create the Empire. Possibly even see the begining of the Rebel Alliance. But perhaps the new TV show will cover this.

I was glad Jar jar lived. for him to die he'd have to have been in the movie more (HA!), it's better this way.
    well...ok unless that falling ship Anakin pilots in at the begining landed on him and made him a long bloody grease spot.

aside from a few nitpicks I really loved this movie. any complaints from me are minor or honeslty just greedy like I put in the review, I want to see more of everything.

I'm even more impressed by that silent scene where Padme and Anakin are looking out over the city scape in each others direction. The music just slams home that dread we all know is coming. Add to that the very quiet end where we see Luke and Leia being taken into hiding.

I think Empire still holds the top spot but this film is right up there and when the dust settles who knows what my list will be.

but for now I'll go with:
    Empire
    Sith
    Hope
    Jedi
    Phantom
    Clones

24. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    well to touch on what i said i and john got in a discussion at the meeting and i said i have been thinking for years what if palpatine was anakin's father and no palpy didnt have to knock boots if palp used the midichlorients to make a life from them ,i mean jesus called god is father and god didnt knock boots with mary. but thats all it was i mean i loved the movie yes it has points that lucas didnt think of when he was wrioting it to like return of the jedi when luke was talking and his sister said she remembered her mom i dont see how she could remember since she never even touched her

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    What I was hoping for was the scene where they show Yoda using an escape pod from the Tantive IV to land on Dagobah. I know they filmed it, I was hoping to see it. It would have been nice to see it with all the other "plot enders" at the end of the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.