main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Well, we were wrong all these years...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jundland_Jay, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Star Tours urban legend debunked!

From Hyperspace:

Who was that horrified the guy in the landing bay who ducks in terror as Rex nearly crash into him with the StarSpeeder 3000 at the end of the flight? Contrary to popular belief it's not George Lucas, but in fact an ILM modelmaker named Ira Keeler.

2. DannyB

DannyB Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2003
    Can they please make a figure of this guy?

3. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'd buy it! (who thought it was Lucas?! Weird...)

4. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    It's not Lucas? I want my 49.95 back.

-Chris

5. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    The last time I was at D-Land was last year and one of the cast members said it was George. I remember looking carefully at the guy and thinking, it doesn't look like George but then it was confirmed at TF.N site so I assumed they were right. I'm glad it isn't him.

6. CPPJedi

CPPJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    SUP YA'LL!
    Man I haven't posted anything in a 'long, long time'!
    Yeah, that doesn't really look like GL. As a matter of fact, I was bored and I did some research on Star Tours. Nope, that's not GL. See? I don't need HYPERSPACE to know the facts!!! j/k
    I didn't know that REX voice is the one and only Pee-Wee Herman! LOL funny! Well, that's what I read. Is that true?
    Shihhh! I can't believe D-land tickets went up again! I went there last week and I was readin' a book and it said that back when D-Land first opened in '55, the adult ticket price was $1.00! And the childrens ticket was $0.50! I know that $1.00 was a lot more back then than it is today, but still! But I'm sure that now that there are A LOT more rides.
    I don't care about the price though, I'd pay whatever! I LOVE D-LAND! The annual pass is SOOO worth it! Do any of you have a pass?

BTW - The Thunder Mountain rock formations always remind me of Geonosis...
    Coincidence? Hm...

7. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Yes, tickets were $1 and 0.50, but you had to purchase one for every single ride...and you can bet Star Tours would have been an "E" ticket!!!!

8. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I have a pass. I lived there when I was unemployed.

9. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    "An E Ticket Ride" That is so old school. I bet half our group has no clue what that means!

10. CPPJedi

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah, I'm one of them Bubba.
    D-Land rocks! I was gonna work there this summer but its too much of a drive... Oh well...

11. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Personally, I love D-Land also. As a former cast member, I have to correct you guys. Walt did not want "rides", he wanted a theme park of "attractions" so please don't call them rides. I remember the old ticket books also. They were great because you could buy a book of Magic Kingdom Key tickets and use the them to get into the park. You could go just to hang out and it was perfect for parents who took their kids but did not want to go on any of the attractions. We still have a couple of old ticket books somewhere and they are fill of the "A", "B", and "C" tickets, not an "E" ticket to save your life. Star Tours would definitely be an "E" ticket.

Back to Thunder Mountain, we were at D-Land the day before it derailed. Pretty scary, really. We even went on that attraction. I guess we lucked out. I heard they are closing that particular attraction. It's too bad.

Speaking of rumors, any one ever hear the one about Walt being frozen and kept in the Pirates cove? That was always great. You know they pump the smell of vanilla out of the candy shops to entice guests to come in?

Back to the Pirates of the Caribbean, the rumor was that was the make out place during grad nights.

12. CPPJedi

Jun 15, 2002
    HAHA! Makeout Land! I hear that too a lot. Not only on Pirates, but throughout the whole park. I'm going to have my Grand Night next year see I'll check it out ;)

Has anyone found all the Hidden Mickeys yet? I always forget where they are.

13. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    CPPJedi,
    Nice to see you around again.
    Grad Night? Next year!? Geez I'm old. Disneyland has always been kind of a special place for me, well, at least when I was a kid. The last few times I went, it wasn't that fun. I think they need to bring back the Submarine ride and Voyage to Inner Space.

14. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    They never had these amusement park-based Grad nights when I was in high school. Of course, I was on the East Coast back then....

We used to go as a family every year or so to Walt Disney World, usually driving and camping out in Camp Wilderness, then taking the monorail into the park. Once we stayed in the Contemporary, and that was cool. Felt like royalty there. And I was always scared of the audio-animatronic presidents when I was young. I thought they would come after me with a colt .45, like in WestWorld....

15. CPPJedi

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey JediRacer! Nice to hear from you again too!
    LOL I always thought it was GRAND Night not GRAD Night. LOL GRAD Night makes more sence...

I had never gone on that Submarine ride nor those flying buckets. Now they're both closed so I'll never ride on them!

I'm really excited for Space Mountain next year! I've been reading on some rumors that they're gonna change the name to Rocket Mountain. I also heard that, and I just hope it's not, they are going to change it to a Lilo & Stich theme.

The Space Mountain in Paris looks really kewl. It launches you instead of pulling you up a ramp. SWEET!

I wise I worked at D-Land [face_sad

16. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    They got rid of the skybuckets coz too many people were smoking doobies on them :(

Pirates and the Haunted Mansion are such the make-out rides. Not like I've done that @ Disney or anything...

I was kinda mad about the submarine too. I remember that ride as a little kid and how fun it was.

I saw Snow White the musical last time I was there (Sunday.) It's pretty cool.

Has anyone been to Gay night? I heard it was fun and there are no kids at all :)

I've been to Methodist night at Disney though. It was empty coz it was slightly drizzling. It was fun. No, I'm not religious.

17. CPPJedi

Jun 15, 2002
    Well, I haven't been to Gay NIGHT but I've been to Gay DAY!

Trust me I didn't plan it out on purpose. And supposedly wearing the color red was supposed to identify you as a homo and I wore red!!! Again, it was not planned! It was pretty funny. I saw a bunch on pirates sing along to the pirates song... I'm sure they were sword fighting on the ride but hey, I wasn't looking.

I love the Fantasmic show! After a long restless day, you sit down and enjoy this awesome show. That?s the highlight of my day. It brings me back to when I used to watch all those Disney cartoons. It?s great?

18. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    well i have a confession, those aren't makeout "attractions" only on grad nights...i'll just leave it at that! ;)

I too remember the tickets...what i hated was that the real cool rides...err, oops i mean attractions, you only got like two or three and had to buy more, and for the silly rides, you had a whole bunch that you never used on that day.

I love d-land too. i never get tired of it!!! one year i went 8 times..then i found out about the year pass, which i still haven't purchased.

Too bad about thunder mountain, i liked that ride. and hopefully space mountain or rocket mountain, whatever it's gonna be called, is awesome....that was THE ride to go on...and of ocurse the matterhorn ;)

19. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Blasted..
    Thanks to you guys, that dang Main Street Electrical Parade music is stuck in my head.

EDIT: Once Space Mountain broke down while I was on it! The car stopped midway through the ride. They turned the lights on inside and everything. It looks pretty crappy with the light on. It was kind of dirty and there was a folding table with some chairs on the floor. Someone came by and pushed our car, which then rolled all the way to the end of the ride.

EDIT2: Yes, SoloJedi... The Matterhorn is the ulitmate date ride.. er ride. Of course, I've never had a date at Disneyland. :(

20. CPPJedi

Jun 15, 2002
    I've never seen that either!!!
    C'mon guys, lets all sing the Pirates song!

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
    We pillage, we plunder, we rifle, and loot,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.
    We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot,
    Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

We extort, we pilfer, we filch, and sack,
    Maraud and embezzle, and even high-jack,

We kindle and char, inflame and ignite,
    We burn up the city, we're really a fright,

We're rascals, scoundrels, villans, and knaves,
    We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,

We're beggars and blighters, ne'er-do-well cads,
    Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,

21. CPPJedi

Jun 15, 2002
    It's ok JediRacer [:D]
    I'm sure SoloJedi is making it up! He's never taken is date to D-Land.

22. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    red was supposed to identify you as a homo and I wore red!!!

So were guys pinching your ass all day?

23. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    that is so cool, I loved the Pirates song, and have loved it my whole life...

I flew over on an airplane, and Saw JediRacer and SoloJedi there on Gay day. I think I saw Jay behind them. But, I know who was leading the parade..
    (all together now) LUWHO!

24. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Yes, Pirates of the Caribbean was always my favorite ride at the Disney Parks.

I think it's cool that Gore Verbinski, the director of the Pirate movie, decided to end the movie with Jack's last line:

"Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho."

25. Clawdite_Daisy

Clawdite_Daisy Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    I went on Gay Day too. Even the drag queens just thought I was a regular girl. It pays to use your own hair. I was A Grace amongst Wills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.