main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Well, we were wrong all these years...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jundland_Jay, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Woah....Matterhorn is a date ride?

What kinda dates do you go on?

<scared>

Oh, and I didn't know red was the gay color. I thought it was purple.

2. CPPJedi

CPPJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    I guess for Disney RED means GAY. Who knows!? No they weren't pinching my butt Jiltedtoo. They're gay alarm didn't go off on me so they didn't bother.
    The Matterhorn is a make out ride? LOL

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I don't think the Matterhorn is the ultimate date attraction unless you consider the position in which you are sitting when in one of those cars.

D-Land was the employment choice of my siblings in college. My sister worked at the Stage Door Cafe and the River Belle in Frontierland. I worked at the TomorrowLand Terrace (which is now the super lame Club Buzz). It used to be the busiest food service location in the park and now there's hardly anyone there. Bad move, D-Land execs. I wore the super lame "bellhop-looking" costume with the pill box hat. Really, really stupid looking. The year after I left they got better costumes. My brother paddled canoes. He actually "acquired" a coon skin cap.

I'm surprised they had only one gay day. Most of the cast members, when I was working there, were gay which was a really big culture shock for me but now I'm okay with it. With so many people interested in D-Land we really ought to have a LAFF D-Land day. We could invite the other FFs. I know there was one last year but I had a soccer game so I couldn't go. We need to go when the season is over, maybe in January or February since there's no soccer or baseball during that time.

4. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    With so many people interested in D-Land we really ought to have a LAFF D-Land day. We could invite the other FFs

Hey Claudia, here is a concept: Run with it and organize an event. Yea, SD could join us, and of course CBM too. Too many FF is like too many cooks, spoils the reciepe. Early August. (first week???) Acutally, how about September?

5. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    i must clarify....
    Those makeout points were done many many moons ago, now i'm a good boy. :D

You know what, i think i saw you that day DB, flying overhead only you weren't in a plane, it was your fairy wings that flew you overhead! [face_laugh] j/k dude!!!

And i never said that the matterhorn was a good makeout ride...just a very comfortable seating arrangement! ;).
    That would be cool to get a group to go....

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Soccer season starts around Labor day so from September on my weekends will be booked that's why I suggested January or February. I'll plan something if CBM will help.

7. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm not too good at planning events, but I will help whenever/wherever I can :)

8. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    fine, as usual, City Rep. et al... will make the plans and preparations. Everyone has their excuses.

Claudia, give us a good weekend, and will will choose, in September or October.

9. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Can we get group rates?

10. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    October or November is better. November even has snow. Yipeee :D

11. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    HAHAHA, group rates, that's a good one. The tickets you get from the city are cheaper than any group rate Disney would give you. Your best bet is to go when they are offering the California adventure ticket for anywhere from $0 - 15 more than a Disneyland Ticket. That way we can go to the other park later, or make it a weekend thing.

12. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    actually, that could be fun. We could stay over night at some cheap motel, and hit both parks. Yea, we should listen to when they have specials or sales going on. Buy one, get one free...etc.

And Jay, it would be single sex rooms, so get your mind out of the gutter.

13. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    We could stay at the hotels at Disneyland. I would stay over the weekend if we went to both parks. Could be fun.

14. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I could get a discount on a hotel room. I'm pretty sure they'll let me stay there again. Just let me know when.

15. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Hey Guys, the Sony discount to Disneyland is about $10 off a ticket making the price $39. The price for one adult ticket online now is $49.75. I would love to go being that I have never been.

Scott

16. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Bubba,
    Shut yor piehole, brother!! i would be bringing my padawan, of course!!! Sheesh!

17. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    Wow, A Disneyland trip where the LAFF people actually go. That's a switch. I would share more but I'm under a gag order.

18. CPPJedi

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey Skyryder, you've never been to Disneyland!?

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, before this goes any further let me reiterate something that DB can't seem to grasp. From September to oh, mid December, I can't go. I will have soccer games so stop throwing out September and October or even November. I was suggesting January or February, I would prefer January because February and March tend to be our wettest months. As for staying in the hotels, I vote for the Disneyland Hotel. I love that place. It's super convenient and quite cool. Of course next year commemorates D-Land's 50th birthday so I plan to be there then too. It'll be quite a celebration.

20. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Yes CPPJedi, I've never been to Disneyland. Laugh or feel sorry for me now. I even have two free passes that my boss gave me for Christmas over a year ago. Anyway I want to go and December/January is too far away Darth Haskett. They have soccer every week for that many months? Talk about a commitment. That's way too much work.

21. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    The Disneyland hotel is crap. Both of the other hotels they own are way better. The rooms at Paradise Pier hotel are larger and cheaper. The Disneyland Hotel is just a name, IMO.

Darth Haskett, that is a lot of soccer games. You cant take 1 (one) weekend off? I would feel bad if we had to leave you. I would still go, but man I would feel bad. :)
    Oh yeah, If you go anywhere from October - December Disneyland is crowded due to all the holiday stuff they do.

22. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I have a pass again. :D

If they leave you behind, Claudia, I'll go with you! James has a pass too...or rather, doesn't NEED a pass...

I can't wait for Nightmare-Before-Christmastized Haunted Mansion!!!!!!!

23. CPPJedi

Jun 15, 2002
    Well Skyryder, hopefully you'll be able to experience the true wonders of Disneyland...

WOW that was lame... LOL

No but really, D-land is kewl.

Nightmare Before Christmas? Never saw it nor has it interested me. I'll watch it if someone puts it in front of me but I'm not a HUGE Burton/Elfman fan.

24. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    While the movie is kick-arse, she was talking about the overlay they do to The Haunted Mansion. They re-theme it to NBXmas for Oct - Dec.

25. CPPJedi

Jun 15, 2002
    Ya I've always seen when they change it but I don't bother checkin' it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.