main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Well, well! It looks like all you OTHER Rogues Had Fun This Holiday Season!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediDarkNight, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Well, It looks like everyone had fun that night at the Rogue Holiday party; a party celebrated for the Season of Light and Love!

While you were all celebrating such a Holy time of the year, this dedicated Rogue was at home in the cold bitter winter night brooding on how his own comrades could be so ignoring of his strandedness in little 'ol Wood(Head)land!

As you can see, I am very pissed :mad: about how I've been treated by some of the people in this group for the past couple of months! I ask very nicely a Rogue member who's route passes right by Davis if I can get a lift from them and I would be more than willing to give them money for gas; but that Rogue turns me down because they're pissed off with they're problems that I don't have a damn thing to do with and that I had no idea they even had. And then in the posted comments from after the party (on the Thread for the Christmas party) everyone who didn't make the party and who was missed by all the other rogues are named off, but it seems like my name was not in the Book of Rogue life!

So I guess my absence there was just one purification that made this party merry for everyone else!

To top that off, at the Sac Con earlier in the month, after I told everyone that I was going to leave my back pack at the booth and I was told that we would be packing up around 4:30, I come back between 4 and 4:30 (from the dealer's room) only Lo and behold! the place is ditched and my back pack with all my valuables is sitting there nearly up for grabs! (that would have been the third time I had my back pack ripped off.) I'm not trying to make anyone soley responsible for my stuff; but if you guys needed to leave earlier yet, somebody could have told me (the dealer's room is not that big; it's not the Mosconi Center!) or some of you have my cell phone number, so someone could have called me, and I would have been more than happy to help you guys pack up and myself take charge of my pack.

I'm beginning to lose faith in this group. This was like a religion to me (to use the term figuritively). I'm no longer the religious person I had been years ago because of such shunningness and/or snootiness I've encountered at so many churches, even including the ones of my own ancestral Catholicism! Star Wars is a myth that I live by and have for the last four to five years (even though I've been a fan long before that). And I thought we were supposed to be a family.

If I keep getting such rudeness in this group, then I might just have to go for a permanent walk! (Although I guess that would be good news for many of you people.)

--Jedi DarkNight

2. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Wow...you are obviously not having a merry holiday season. Since you so kindly called me out -- again -- in front of everyone, I guess I'll be the first to respond to your post.

First off, my "route" as you call it, did not go right past Davis that day. You know nothing about where I was coming from or when I was going there, so please don't be so presumptious. And you are right -- I am pissed off about what is going on in my life, and I am quite aware that you don't have a "damn thing" to do with it. I certainly appreciate your concern though, Friend. I mean, we must be friends, right? Or why else would you ask me to give you a ride? My response to you was simply trying to get you to see that perhaps requests like asking for rides should maybe be done PRIVATELY in a PM so people don't have to feel like a heel when they can't accomodate you.

As far as people leaving you out of the "missing you" posts, I think if you go back and re-read them, you'll see the only time people are mentioned is when they specifically posted right after the party about missing it. Both ekim and Russ were supposed to be there, and were expected that night. When people talked about missing them at the party it was simply because they were supposed to be there. You had already let everyone know that you couldn't make it. I don't believe anyone purposely tried to slight you.

At Sac-Con, people were leaving, so we packed up. It took 5 minutes. Everyone looked around and didn't see you so the vendor was asked to keep an eye on your stuff. The table isn't supposed to be everyone's dropping ground anyway. However, arrangements were made so your things weren't left in a place to be stolen and to insinuate otherwise is not fair.

I'm sorry you feel slighted. I really am. But to lash out in a public thread is not cool. This group works hard to make everyone feel welcome and part of "the family." It's never good news to have someone leave the group, and again, I don't believe that is a fair representation of the members to insinuate that anyone would be happy if you left because that is simply not true.

3. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    JDN... this is hardly the place to air your dirty laundry and your dissatisfaction with the rest of the group. But, to quickly address your grievances:

1.) Yes, you did ask a member of the group for a ride... and were turned down. It's been my experience that you make such arrangements via PM, which instead you chose to do so over the public forums... and were turned down. Is it YOUR problem that the other person is having personal issues? No, but neither is it THEIR problem that you need a ride. Frankly, it's presumptuous and arrogant of you to assume that just because they're "going your way" that they should stop by and pick you up. Maybe money isn't an issue, hmm?

Furthermore, don't you have a vehicle? If you're finding it difficult to make arrangements to attend our events via Public Transportation (an effort that is to be commended), perhaps you can use your own vehicle? Whatever difficulties you're having getting to the group events is something you should deal with privately, as opposed to having a temper tantrum on public forums.

2.) I will readily admit I didn't go looking for you when we were leaving Sac-Con. But the vendor next to us volunteered that he would keep an eye on your backpack... I can't speak for anyone else on this matter. But again - you came on your own, and no one is your keeper - we frequently leave before the con closes for the afternoon, as you very well know having been to many conventions... so why are we to be put on trial for not being your keeper? You are a grown man, JDN. If you bring valuables to the convention, keep them on your person or find someone who will personally watch them for you. Even when I wander the convention, I come back every 5-10 minutes. As you said yourself, this is not the Moscone. Would it have been terribly hard to swing by every so often?

I would say more, but Jedidoria has had her piece, and LDV will come in after me... after that, we'll see what happens. I hope this thread gets locked. Tantrums looks bad for all of us - as a group, and for Fan Force in general. I'm sorry you feel so lonely and isolated, Stephen. Maybe some introspection into your behavior and how you are seen by other people would help some.

-TJ

4. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Ignoring you? You have got to be kidding.

First off HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT ABOUT A "CERTAIN" MEMBER OF THIS GROUP!!! You have no idea what this memebr is going through, and for you to say something in a public forum is just down right mean and nasty! You talk about being pissed? I AM PISSED! And since you brought this up in public ... that works both ways. I know for a fact you have a car and you never drive it anywhere. I know a few people in the group who would die to have a car to drive, but they seem to make it to the meetings and events. And I seem to remember taking you to Wondercon a couple of years ago and you never NEVER once offered to pay for gas! That is certainly a lot farther than someone bringing you to Sacramento. You had already stated you weren't going to be at the party. Whether you believe it or not, you were missed. But not now! At least by me!

Whatever!

How many times have you worked the booth? Hmmmm??? I mean REALLY work the booth??? Once? twice? All I ever see you do Steve is come in say hi to everyone, sit there for maybe 5 minutes, ask if you can leave your back pack there, and then take off! And don't tell me I am wrong! It didn't take long for us to break down the table, and I know we waited a couple of minutes, and then we asked the vendor to watch your bag and he said he would.

Yeah, and families aren't supposed to attack each other either!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.