main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Wellsville Balloon Festival - Saturday, July 16th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HothGirl, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    Doc Bev, Sure I can give ride to Tom and may ride down if there is room anywhere. Will meet up @ Target lot on Sat 8 a.m.

2. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I sent directions to Doc_Bev, but just in case anyone is late, can't meet up...whatever...we'll be on the library lawn on Main Street. (It's more toward the North Main end) The theater is across the street from the library and most of Main Street will be blocked off for the vendors.

If anyone else needs directions, let me know! We're meeting at the Ames parking lot at 10am sharp! But if you google your own directions, let me know and I'll give you my home address as we're meeting on a road you'd have to take to get to my house anyway. But you'll take the Almond exit and not go into Belmont as that's way out of the way (some of the maps are telling you to do that. ugh!)

Just pm or call if you have questions.

3. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    One more thing, if you're going to the evening balloon launch you may want to bring a blanket to sit on. There should be plenty of lawn seating available. ;)

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    HothGirl - got the directions and made 3 extra print-outs for the caravan.

Could I get directions for my parents to where they should park for the festival? They won't be coming down with us in the morning, but later on in the afternoon. I'm assuming the directions will be mostly the same until the NY-417 part?

I packed the SW camp chairs, but I'll look to see if I can find my NeatSheet too.

~Doc_Bev

5. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Doc -

They can just follow the same road in. They'll go past Ames and hit a 35mph zone. Follow that until you get to a four way intersection with stop lights.

There will be a sign off to the right that says something like 'Wellsville Business District.' (It's a wooden sign) They'll take a right at that light and drive down that part of Main Street. That area wont' be blocked off until you drive down further (I'll double check on this to be sure). They can drive town and park along the street and just walk up to the blocked off area (they'll see the vendors) and I there are a couple small parking lots by the main street fire hall. Anywhere in through there is fine.

If they're interested, before they get to the festival, when they turn onto main street there's a huge candle sale that'll be on the left. There will be signs up and plenty of people. This will be going on until around 8pm Saturday night. (They're the Northern Lights wizard candles, and assorted fun candles!)

There are usually shuttle buses going to the launch site from the Ames parking lot, but I'm honestly not sure if they're taking people downtown for the festival. They should be able to find a place to park on the lower end of main...they make just have to walk a block or two.

6. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    A bit of a change of plans here, I got home early today & was able to get th evan cleaned out & the 2nd bence seatr put in so I 'll be happy to drive down & take 5 others with me. Modernisim, you get 1st dibs. I will warn you it's open window ride , my a/c is broke. Tom

7. Modernism

Feb 19, 2003
    sounds great. I'd love a ride.

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    7AM here at the Blum house and we're getting read to pack to car. We should be on target to make it to Target at 8AM. :D

For those that may need it - my cell phone is *removed*.

~Doc_Bev

9. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Thank you guys so much for coming out! :D

It was really great to have you on my turf for once. Everyone really enjoyed having us there and would love to have us back next year....and hopefully next year you'll want to come back and the weather will be good enough for an evening launch. I am disappointed you didn't see a launch...but next year! And by the sounds we will have some press prior to the event. :)

My parents also enjoyed the company, they said everyone was so nice and polite...and Hunter loved the attention.

But thanks again for taking the time out to drive down. It was a blast having everyone here!

10. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Just a quick reply to say that we all had fun at the event - and I know that the caravan got back to Rochester ok. (Everyone meet up at Target - hopefully everyone got home ok from there.)

Hopefully DARTH-LITE and Padawan Adri had a safe journey home as well.

11. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Good Times to all and by all on our little trip to Wellsville.

I'm going back to bed now ;)

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Thanks HothGirl for hosting us!

I'm just sorry that our babysitter cancelled at the last moment. I wasn't able to spend any time helping you guys out over at the booth and I feel really bad about that. But, Connor had a lot of fun riding that Choo-Choo over and over again!

Next year we'll have to hope for less rain & humidity!

I'd also be curious to hear how much money our booth made for SPCA.

~Doc_Bev

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Here are the pictures from the festival. Huge thanks goes to T_StarFlyer for taking almost all of these while I was away watching Connor.

~Doc_Bev

14. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I cant believe I actually let a snake touch me...let alone sit on my neck...

Special thanks to Mike (TX) for the help with the gas.
    Katie..could you send me the harry potter links?
    I've been thinking about it and I'm more and more interested.
    Maybe I'l try out for Quidditch as a keeper? :)

15. Modernism

Feb 19, 2003
    Made it back just fine. A good time, sorry we couldnt' see a launch. It was good we raised needed money, really made a difference at the SPCA. I had a great time.

16. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    I too Had a great time, sorry I wimped out on the costume thing I just didn't want to look liek a sloppy, pit-soaked jedi , which i would have afterabout 5 minutes. You Guys ( girls) are a great bunch of folks, & i really engoy spending time with you all! & Bonus! it helped out the animals too! What could be better?

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    HothGirl - Someone (sorry I forgot who already... [face_blush]) was asking me last night if we ever made it in the local paper for the Balloon Festival event. Do you remember seeing anything?

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.