Wellsville Balloon Rally & Festival - Sat July 22nd - CANCELLED

Discussion in 'Rochester, NY' started by Doc_Bev, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just wanted to get this planning thread started so that people could mark their calendars for this event.

As we did last year, HothGirl is arranging for us to have a booth at the festival. At the booth we will be helping to raise money for the SPCA by having our picture taken with festival attendees. Then that evening at aprox 6pm will be the balloon launch.

Although we will of course need costumers for the photo ops, everyone is welcome to join us at the festival/balloon rally.

I'm planning on attending (and hopefully bringing grandma and/or aunts along this time to watch the little ones) who else is interested?

Volunteer List
    (updated 07/20/06 at 10:05am)

Definite
    HothGirl
    Doc_Bev & younglings
    KnightShade
    T_StarFlyer
    JediMaster1610
    RSWingnut
    TD-027
    TX4277
    SWF-JPB

Tentative
    Nevets
    MadKidJedi

Unable
    Wookie-Cookie

Unknown
    DarSolo

~Doc_Bev
  2. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Last year was a good time & who knows maybe we'll even get to see the balloons.
  3. nevetsmlahh Jedi Knight

star 1
    i willtry to attend this.
  4. jedimaster1610 Jedi Master

star 1
    Sounds like a blast! Count me in.
  5. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  6. TD-027 Jedi Knight

star 2
  7. TX4277 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Should be good for me too! It was fun last time.
  8. wookie_cookie Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't think I can make it, I have a rehearsal dinner sometime that night and a wedding the next day. Hope you guys have a good time!
  9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm going. Since I missed it last year I took the day off from work.
  10. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    While I was offline I was able to get in contact with the new person in charge of the downtown events for the rally. He is really excited to have us back and since he didn't see us last year he was even more excited when I told him what we'd be doing and that we'd have costumed folks. :)

As far as I know we'll be back on the library lawn this year, hopefully it'll stay dry this time!

And as the time gets a bit closer I'll contact the paper and hopefully they'll put something in as well as the SPCA's newsletter.
  11. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Back to the boards , we missed ya!.
  12. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    HothGirl do we have any more details on this event?
    I'm specifically looking for times so that I can figure out sitter arrangements.

~Doc_Bev
  13. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I did see a schedule today for the weekend events...somewhere. lol

We should probably figure on starting around the same time last year, I think we were in costume around 10:30ish give or take. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!)

As far as the evening goes, the balloon launch is scheduled for 6pm. Normally, they don't launch on time but there is a first for everything.

Aside from the balloon launch there will also be skydivers around the same time at the field and at dusk there is a fireworks display.

I'll see if I can track down a schedule to confirm everything, but that's a good ballpark.

14. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Updated first post w/ volunteer list.

~Doc_Bev
  15. jedimaster1610 Jedi Master

star 1
  16. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oops, sorry about that - you did post that months ago and I just must have skipped over it.

~Doc_Bev
  17. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a schedule now, I should be able to post when I get home tonight with a bit more info. :)
  18. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So, if we follow the same plan as last year, we had a caravan meet-up time of 8am at the Henrietta Target. Will this work for everyone?

As usual the Avalon will be packed to the doorframes as current plans have us bringing both younglings. T_StarFlyer would you be able to bring the banner poles down and back up to the event for us?

~Doc_Bev
  19. RogueSquadronWingnut CR, The Rebellion, Rochester, NY

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Fine with me.
    I'll be there at 8
  20. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Where exactly are we going to first down there? When do we have to be there by? Is there an address?
  21. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If HothGirl is able, we can meet at the Ames parking lot like we did last year and she can lead us the rest of the way into town to where we need to park. Otherwise, (assuming we're on the library lawn like last year) folks can plug 155 N Main Street, Wellsville, NY 14895 into mapquest.com and get directions that way (if they're not already part of the caravan). Although since Main Street is closed off due to the festival, we can't park literally at the library, but we parked nearby (can't remember where at the moment...). As far as time, we need to be there at aprox 10am (thus the 8am caravan meet-up time) and be in costume and ready to "perform" by 10:30am-11am.

~Doc_Bev
  22. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm not sure what our endtime will be for this yet, but assuming it's 2pm-3pm-ish we'll have 3-4 hours to kill while we decostume, eat and wait for the balloons to launch. I'm going to bring along some geocaching coordinates so we could do a little geocaching while we wait. It looks like there are quite a few caches in Wellsville.

~Doc_Bev
  23. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, basically same game plan as last year. :p

The evening lauch is set for six (they never go off on time) and the sky divers are supposed to do their thing around the same time. At some point Saturday evening there will be live music and fireworks at dusk (in case anyone is still here).

Pool is open and we can cook at my house again if you guys want or we can get stuff at the site...any one have a preference?
  24. TX4277 Jedi Knight

star 2
    A Pool sounds ever so nice but I am okay either which way. Kind of you to offer again :) It was great to be able to sit down and relax a little last time.

Looking forward to this.
  25. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Cook out and pool sounds cool. What ever works. I can not wait to come down and see you Katie. FUN FUN FUN
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.