main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welsh Banner

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Welshguy, Nov 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Nothing on TV is good enough to take up 3 hours!

Except maybe South Park. But I download them the day after they're shown in the US.

Ok, so let me rephrase that. There is no British TV show/s worth watching for 3 hours! They all suck.

Full of ugly people doing dull, normal things.

I look forward to seeing what you've been doing on the banner by the way.

I've taken a look around the other FanForces and can safely say that the Welsh one is going to kick they're arses!

They'll all be like "Dude, why haven't we got a banner like that?"

And we'll be like "Dude, our's rocks!"

And they'll be like "It's not fair!"

And we'll be like "You suck!"

And they're be like....

Well, you get the idea.

2. Lord_IceMan

Lord_IceMan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2005

place the badge in the middle

3. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    [face_plain]

o_O

:rolleyes:

Your obviously not Welsh then?

;)

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    [face_laugh]
    Ok, I took a little longer off than I thought, was knackered yesterday after visit to dentist and food shopping / cooking. Been to Manchester today, got back late. I'll get back to it tomorrow, will start nice and early since I have to design chrimbo cards for the family as well.

As for the three hours - Rome + Lost (C4) + Lost (E4).
    I don't watch much TV at all tbh, and I stupidly decided to waste 30 mins on friday watching the dire "Walking with Monsters" - I was a fan of the earlier series (Dinosaurs and Beasts), but there is way too much guesswork vs real facts which puts me totally off, and the CGI seemed to have gone downhill, especially the landbased animals :(

5. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/forum_pics/version_wales_02.jpg]

Final version?
    Any alterations needed?

Apologies for the delay btw ;)

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Looking pretty sweet there dude.

My only quible is the Welsh flag on the post banner. It kind of looks out of place. Maybe we could just replace it with another Welsh actor?

Maybe get Anthony Hopkins in there, minus his mask.

7. Rhys

Rhys Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2005
    Round out and blur the chunkier left hand corner bit that sticks out to make it more streamlined. Or cut off the bottom right with an elipse and blur.

8. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Whats with the banner being 2 parts? :-\

9. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    You mean the red clone bit? Can do ;)

Not sure which bit you mean Rhys. The leek lightsaber? Or another banner?
    Remember that the banner with the snowspeeder will appear immediately to the right of the two jedi fighting at sunset, and how much of that banner appears depends on how you have your monitor set up. The bit with the faces on appears below the main top banner, when I post is made. Those two are not currently positioned correctly.

Anyways, do you mean like this?

[image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/forum_pics/version_wales_03.jpg]

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    odj_310388 - if you mean why is there a banner in the middle of nowhere, it's just because I was working in PS with all of the page on the visible screen - so I don't need to scroll as I work.

The top banner is physically in two parts (764 X 110 twice) due to the fact some people still have their monitors set at 800 X 600, if so then you won't get to see the right part of the banner (that starts with the snowspeeder) at all. If you have it set higher than that then the extra part comes into play. I noticed lots of banners keep the banner going without any stop, but I just decided to end it visibly for the benefit of the 800X600 viewers, hopefully not too jarring for higher ones. I can make it more smoother if you like :D

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Wow! Looks fantastic. That post banner really looks great now.

I can't fauly anything now? My hat goes off to you good sir!

So is that it? Apart from the one or two minor alterations mentioned by my fellow posters, when can we get this bad boy up?

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Well, I just need to confirm which bits Rhys wanted changing lol, I am easily confused (PM me if you know what).
    After that, I'll get my hacksaw out and crop the big blighter into little corrected-sized blighters, then since you are CR, I think you need to ask the RSA (Phill) I think to get the banner put up. I think. I only make the banners, I don't put them in the shop window ;) :p

13. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I think he's refering to the sharp edges of the banner.

If you look at the banner above, there is a tile effect in the corner and it goes in and out along its long edges.

I assume he's thinks that the banner should be more rounded and not have the sharp angles at its corner.

I agree with him. Good spot Rhys.

14. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Ah, the Clone Trooper bit, yeah, I agree - that is the one bit I keep looking at.
    Right, I'll do it tomorrow, right now I need sleep ;)

15. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Don't forget to do the small images for either side of the ad in the middle as well.

16. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh yeah. Didn't notice those.

Anyone got any ideas?

What about a pic of your beloved CR, lightsaber in hand, leading his chapter to glory?

Just an idea.....

So what do yo think of the banner then boss dude?

17. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I'd love to put you in a 74 by 58 box Welshguy, but I doubt I can squeeze you in there :p lol! The square box is the actual size of each ad holder - that is 74 by 58 pixels. I have placed a couple of sheep with blue and red lightsabers in there (circles go either side of the ad) for now, let me know what you want in place otherwise.

Nearly at the final hurdle ;)

[image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/forum_pics/version_wales_04.jpg]

I've had a go with a curve rather than sharp box for the Clone bit sticking out. I am not sure if making the leek bit move in and out like on the banner currently on here, it'll lose something.

Anyways - let me know how you feel about it.
    Also - Style A or B for the reply banner?
    Did you want the sharp end of C changing somehow?

18. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Nice banner :D

19. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    i am welsh welshguy....

20. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    [image=http://www.nathanscorner.co.uk/img/useless/orly.jpg]

21. Lord_IceMan

Nov 9, 2005
    okay im changing the subject for one post only:

In 1987 Christopher "Lord IceMan" Whyte was born in Morriston Hospital.

now then, when will the new banner be used.

22. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    So, have you all decided on the banner that you want? I note that Tim did some alternate versions for you with different curves.

Once you've made a decision regarding the banner, e-mail all the parts, i.e. Main, Background, Curve, Left, Ad Left, Ad Right and Reply to the e-mail address in my bio and I will sort out getting them up on the top for you :D

23. Darth_Gavinus

Darth_Gavinus Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I like banner B.

So I guess that's it then?

Time to get this baby up and running, hopefully by Christmas.

24. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Sorry, that above post should have been from me.

Forgot to log out of my friends account.

25. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I'll crop round it tomorrow :D and then send to Phill, or does it need to be Welshuy sending so it is all official? I can stick them on my webspace too, that way anyone can click and save em.

I did find it hard to get the fade curve working, so apologies if it wasn't exactly what was asked for. I will try harder, I promise :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.