main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** Welsh Posters Please Sign In!! ***

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Yoshee, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    With every vote I shall tighten my grip on this wretched board and destroy you all!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA!! YOU FOOLS!!

*cough* *cough*

Err, I mean. Thanks for your vote of confidence ODJ, I'll try my best to get some much needed life into this board and make everyone feel welcome. Things are picking up quite a lot already, so hopefully with ep3 just around the conrner, this will be the start of bigger things.

2. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Ep3 is bound to bring alot of new posters all over ff-uk and beyond. So, hopefully everything will be shipshape well before they start piling in and making a mess lol

3. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Is it possible to create a "Must take shoes off before entering" command.

I hadn't even considered the mess! Still, it should be interesting, whatever happens. Role on ep3!

4. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    Hey I'm here too!

5. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Greetings Havet_Storm and welcome to our little corner of the FF.

So tell us a little bit about yourself, where in this crazy old universe are you from etc?

6. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Do not forget me

7. Havet_Storm

May 19, 2004
    Hey there!
    I'm 21 and I live in Abergavenny, I've just finished Uni, where I studied documentary Film making. You might recognise my screen-name from a post I made here months ago but is still here on the front page.

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    We have a professional amoungst our ranks!!

Take a look at the proposed movie we are planning to make. What's your opinion on it and would you be interested in being involved in some way?

9. Havet_Storm

May 19, 2004
    I think your film is a pretty good idea.
    But you need to remember that the most important thing is obviously going to be the dialogue, as your on a really low budget and writing the script is the only thing that won't be limited by the budget.
    I also think it would be quite interesting if instead of doing it as a fiction film you did it as a 'documentary' with real Star Wars fans, you could still get a lot of humour out of it and the fact that it would have the real thoughts of real star wars fans.
    Anyway, I think it's a pretty good idea and the fact that you've thought about your limitations and haven't decided to do an epic fight-fest will go in your favour when actually making it.
    And yes I would be interested in helping out in theory - provided everything was set up right and the script etc works out well and not to get your hopes up, but there's an extremely slim - and I mean MIGHTY slim chance that I ould get hold of some of the equipment, or the facilities at my old Uni (I went to Newport) and remember it's a mighty slim chance.

10. TANTIV

TANTIV Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2001
    what you want

11. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Hey I am also a pro and an award winning pro!! and a Welshman!!!!

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Sith Lord Mixo: I know that you are also an award winning pro and a Welshman, but now isn't the time to bring up your 1st place in this summers assorted vegetable competition at the village fare!

There's a time and a place dude, a time and a place. ;)

So what awards have you won exactly?

Havet_Storm: What do you mean "writing the script is the only thing that won't be limited by the budget"? I don't work for free you know! Regarding your point on the documentry aspect, the movie was oringinaly going to be a documentry, then it changed to a live action movie, then to a documetry again and right now parts of it are documetry style and parts are live action. Its still a work in progress, so when the script is finished we can all have a look at it and try to figure out what direction it should take.

With regards to facilities, what exactly are they? I have a pretty good setup at home with a digital editing sweet and camera (Sony VX-1000), but something along the lines of sound mixing and special effects (if they are going to be any?) would be very helpfull.

13. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Check out my website

http://www.sickindividual.com

and you will learn all about my film making powers

14. Havet_Storm

May 19, 2004
    Well if I did get the access it would be a PD150 digital camera - that's the sort used by the professional Documentarists at the BBC, then there's the Digital editing suites - using Final cut Pro, or the industry standard Avid. As far as sound mixing I have no experience in this apart from the basic sound mixing included in the editing programme, but the facilities are available.

15. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I am an Adobe Premiere man myself

16. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I also use Premiere. Having never used Avid, I can't really compair the two, but I find that Premiere is a damn good editing programme. What kind of features does Avid have that Premiere doesn't? Or is it more of a case of personal preference rather than which is better?

PD150. I did look at buying one of those when I was buying my VX-1000, but they were just to far out of my price range.

17. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    My name is Welsh, does that count? :) hehehe

Actually I've visited Wales and it's beautiful! My favorite hotel that I've ever stayed at was Ruthin Castle. The place is absolutely magnificent, and what atmosphere!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi :)

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ah, my new Chapter Rep forum friend!

Not sure if i'm familiar with that hotel, where abouts in Wales is it exactly?

Your more than welcome to pop around any time you want, though there may not be anyone home, your more than welcome to help yourself to a cup of tea.

Edit: Just took a lookski at your profile. Whats with all the Scottish cliche's? Bag pipes I could forgive, but Scottish rugby! Thats just plain wrong.....

Embrace your Welsh heritage, it is usless to resist.

19. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Hehehe I'll amend that. I actually route for both squads. I just have to find a Welsh team jersey now :)

Ruthin Castle is in the town of Ruthin I believe. It's in the north, up near Bala Lake and on the way to Caernarvon. I had hired a car when I was there and drove all round the Southwest of England (mostly Cornwall) and all the way up through Wales, stopping in Cardiff, Tintern Abbey and driving over the Snowdonia Mountains...which was INCREDIBLE. Nothing but sheep and hills as far as the eye can see (and the occasional hiker). The most fun was having to open and close the sheep gates along the single track road...hehe.

One sad note...I had bought a knit hat that was green and white with the red dragons all round it, and someone stole it on the train to Inverness :( Ah well.

I hope to get to know your chapter better! I miss the UK so much :)

20. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Nice to have you in here Meriwyn. :)

How can you miss the UK? you live in what must be a wonderful part of the world.

21. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    I suppose we all yearn for what we don't have and take for granted what we DO have. I'm a history buff, so going to the UK for me is always a treat :) I love all the old buildings, the culture, etc. I'm particularly fond of the cathedrals and abbeys :)

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    So you lost your hat on the way to Inverness eh? those theiving Scottish dogs! See, this is why you should become more Welsh and less Scottish ;)

I'm glad you liked our little country, i'm sure that to an American Wales must seem like a large back garden. Though saying that, i've lived here all my life and have never been bothered to go all the way up to North Wales, even though I could probably get there in around 4-5 hours or so.

I live in the South, which is heavily industrialised and not really the Wales people would expect having watched How Green Was my Valley. However I do have a little holiday place in West Wales, which is much more scenic and "classic" Wales.

If your ever in this part of the world again, let me know and I can suggest some cracking places for you to visit on the West Wales coast. By the way, if you like old catherdials and the like have you ever visited St. David's? Its a very, very old place and has the distinction of being the smallest city in Britain! Also some nice views to be had.

23. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Also Meriwyn, Castell Coch is an attraction not to be missed. It amazes me how this hasn't been used in many films.

24. Tall_Corellian_Chick

Tall_Corellian_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2003
    *sneaks in*

I sorta feel bad about posting here as I disappeared again. Sorry. :S But I am a poster...not made of cardboard or paper, but one who posts. :p

25. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    But I am a poster...not made of cardboard or paper

Are you sure about that? [face_laugh] :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.