main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** Welsh Posters Please Sign In!! ***

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Yoshee, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    sure we can change ppl 2 download it

2. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    OOOooooooh really Welshguy...o_Obehave now..[face_shame_on_you]

it was my costuming that got me into the modelling...now most photogrpajers want to do shoots with my costumes or parts of them lol!!...

3. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I noticed that. ;) Witch Queen costume, yes? That is just damn brave, that's all I've got to say. I'm a guy and I won't pose topless LOL!

Just wanted to add that there are some really good picture in those galleries. Your costumes are really great pieces of work!

4. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    No different to going topless on a beach, which i wont do, as at least in a studio i know im going to look flatteringas i can get the pose right and the lighting right etc. I did think about editing those pics out of my gallery, then thought nah, im kinda proud of them.

5. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    and so u should be the are very good pictuers

6. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Oh, I think you should be proud of them. There are some fantastic shots in that portfolio, you clearly have a lot of talent (minds out of the gutter guys, thank you). Are all the costumes your own, or were some provided specifically for the shoots?

7. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    what do u mean ur mind is down here with us :p

8. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Those costumes are pretty amazing. Did you really make all those yourself? There's one that really caught my eye, it's kind of a demon costume with big wings stuck on the back.

That one is just mental!

So have you still got all of these costumes or have you sold them off in order to finance new projects?

9. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Is that the demon one from the Xena photos? I wondered about that cos I wasn't sure whether the wings were digitally added after or not. If not, then WHOA! That must have weighed a bit!

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Hmm, didn't think of that. :(

Never really watched Xena myself, though I have caught a few episodes when there was nothing else on.

Don't reacall seeing any demon like that in there though, but I could easily be wrong.

Wow, imagine what you could do with a costume like that in a fanfilm. I planned to do a Angel/Spike fanfilm once, that demon would have been perfect for it.

11. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    See, I was really into fanfilms a couple of years back, then thought to myself, if I ever made one to the kind of level I always aim at, then why waste the money on something I could never sell afterwards.

So I moved over to original pieces. :D I'm working on a short at the moment that draws from samurai jack and dragonball Z in terms of visuals, pacing, editing, but is set entirely in live-action with added SFX. I start shooting with a night club scene on July 10th, I'm really stoked!

12. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Thanks guys...[face_blush]
    There pretty much all my costumes bar a few from the photographer P. Holroyd, who makes most of the warrior costumes, although i have input on what i want - im thinking of aksing him if he can make me a lightsaber!!)
    the demon (callisto-yep from Xena episode fallen Angel) was a blast to do. the wings were again made by P.Holroyd, theyre actually quite light as they are light wooden frame, with hollow aluminium tubing for the 'fingers' of the wings and then coated in foam and latex. the skin is interfacing dipped in latex. the wings are then attached to a back plate that was cast to fit my back exactly, so i can wear them for about 3 hours. the only problem with them is i have to walk sideways down narrow corridors, not so fun in a hotel!!

Ive used that costume in a live role pay event..and my god you should have seen their faces drop when they came across me down a dark tunnel!!!

13. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Ive considered selling off some of the costumes, but i cant bare to part with them lol..and parts of them always come in handy! Thats why i do commissions!
    I do have a few costume from my Uni degree final though..that i do want to sell. A large red hooded demon robe and a petite size silver grey cloak, that wouldnt look wrong on Amidala!!...lol.

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Samurai Jack rocks. I wish I had the opportunity to see more episodes. Great animation and fun stories.

I love that one where he's on a bridge and comes across a Scotsman, both refuse to move! Great visuals and fantastic characters.

I know what you mean Sakara, I once went to a Halloween party as Spike. Slicked my hair back, sprayed it white and wore a long leather coat.

The reaction from people in the club was so funny. However, the reaction from people in the morning when I walked home from my friends house hung over wasn't so much funny, as it was scared!

"Call the police Mertle, there be sinister forces of evil walking the streets!"

What was even funnier was that I was rushing to get home before the sun came up. Guess I was still in character. ;)

15. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    i would love to see a picuter of the large red hooded demon robe

and i have never realy going in costume any were but would love to own a dark jedi costume some day

16. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    The red robe was made for a 6'3" guy with a build similar to Christopher Lee( any of you seen baylon 5, the actor that played Sinclair was the guy id made this for). ID hate to shorten it as it would lose its effect..but i am tempted as theres not that many people with that build around....
    Once i get pics ill put let you know lol

17. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    The robe was for the guy that played Michael O'Hare? Wow, did he ever actually wear it?

I'm 6'4" but I'm built rather large than him :D

18. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    i see what u mean i am only 5'10 -5'11 one or the other and well quiet thin only wigeth 8 and a half stone

19. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Mwahahahaha! I could snap you like a twig! Mwahahahahaha!

20. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    that not nice i am a shamed of my weigth not put on a stone or pound since i was 13 and i have had my share of a lot of big meals and cake

21. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    yep it was made for Micheal O Hare..sadly the producer ran off with all the money and left everybody in the lurch...:mad:
    So im left with costumes that cost me a packet to make and nothing to do with them...The robe actually would make an excellent old republic sith garment as its very regal..and in the jedi robe design but closed at the neck and with a swathe of fabric around the collar..draping at the front and back., with gold/red trim around the cuff and hem.

22. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000
    Dude, I'm not making fun! Nothing wrong with being thin. My housemate is 5'9" and only about 9 stone. No worries! :D

23. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Oh Jairen..you'd fit it prefectly...[face_batting]

24. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    dont worry i was only jokeing

i know size does not matter

25. Jairen

Sep 1, 2000