main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welsh SW peeps meeting up?

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by terrycooper, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrycooper

terrycooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2001
    Hiya fellas....(neo style)

Listen, I got a problem..I know I started theis entire thread, but something real important's come up on the 3rd & 4th April, which prevents me from making the meet.

***I am scum - Sorry!!***

If anyone has an alternative date to suggest, please let me know. I've got 3 weeks off from college starting on 26th March, so barring that fateful weekend, any time would be good.

Sorry to chuck a big hydrospanner in the hyperdrive.

(damn, that sounded SO geeky.)

2. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    I've asked before but I thought since there might be a few new people around I'd ask again :)

Would anyone be interested in playing as a band? My last project kinda fell through after the drummer and bassist went to Uni and the singer left me :(

3. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    I'm currently learning how to play guitar (I know all of 4 chords) although i might consider learning bass instead, to follow on the great bassist born on the same day as me, known by many as "flea".

In short, I'm too crap to play at the moment but if the chance should arise in the future, you know where to find me...

4. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm no Eric Clapton!

If you had a bass and were willing to learn, I'm sure we could make something sound decent!

5. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Well, thats the problem... the only bass in my house is a headless Honher one, which is my dads. Maybe if i asked nicely enough.... who knows?

6. Terra

Oct 25, 2000
    Steal it, steal it, steal it! :D

7. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
  8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    2000!!

Sorry, I know its a little sad, but I really wanted to get post number 2000!

I feel like we should have balloons, streamers, noise makers and the such.

Hmmm, where do we go from here?

2001 maybe?

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
  10. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Damnit. I wanted 2k! well, Theres only anout 996 more posts to go, maybe i can get 3k!

So what are the plans for the meet-up? The original was yesterday... but thats out of the question. When would you guys all be free?

On another note, I managed to be the first in line for a job application open day, therefore getting an interveiw first. With any luck, you might be speaking to a computer technician within the next few weeks! (and no longer a checkout-fiend).

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Uhm, did anyone actually remember about the meet-up?

I have a good excuse, I was watching the Grand Prix (well done Jeson Button by the way). Uncle George was there, but the cameras died just as they started to interview him, but we still got the audio though, which was nice.

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Fall-on-Jin: So when will you hear about the job dude? If you need any interview tips, just let me know. My Jedi mind tricks are second to none.

Hard to believe that its now 10 years since Kurt Cobain ended the music scene. I mean, come on. Look at what we have today? It would make him sick.

13. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    I rarely watch the Grand Prix, but i just managed to catch Georges skit on there. Pretty cool, although looking at "Driven" (i think thats the name? the F1 movie with sylvester stallone?) its best GL avoids F1 movies.

No go on the job i'm afriad, seems i didn't get into the second interview. Saying that, no one else i knew who went to the open day got the job, so i don't feel that bad about it. Looks like now i'll have to put in a few more shifts at tesco to get the money i need for the summer. Just as long as no one else tries to impersonate that new farking advert (the one where the old woman thinks she can get promotions for the staff), all will be alright...

Yea, I guess the meet-up has kinda been put aside for the moment, but our lives seem to have gotten in the way one way or another. On the same note, anyone have any ideas for another one? Dates, times, etc?

10 years already? Bloody hell.... I can actually remember them saying about it on the news, wierd that. I expect it will be Kurt (or Kurdt, for some fans) week on VH1, which makes a change from "the 100 best" or "100 worst" which is all that seems to be on. Good guy, Great music. I'll have to listen to their "latest album" (well, the greatest hits).

14. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    Hey guys

i got me frist car on the 9th it is a vaxhall astra
    it cool as hell i got freedom now yes

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    My parents used to own a Vauxhall Astra. That was until myself and my brother crashed it and wrote it off.... God, that was not a good day. It was like something out of a bad American teenage drama series, only with more threats of violence and being chased around the house with a rubber hose. Still, we did take it without asking. We only had ourselves to blame really.

But in general, nice cars. Can be a bit fragile where large stone walls are concerened, but in general, nice cars.

Will be filming on Saturday (at least thats the plan). Nearly finished the script and most of the props have come back. Everyone is up for it so fingers crossed!

16. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, it would seem that ambition overcame reality for a short while there. I'm still missing quite a few of the props and large chunks of the costumes, the script is having to be re-written to comply with most internet sites content on swearing and excesive violence and I havn't even got Obi-Wan's frickin' beard figured out yet!

So no, there will be no filming today.....

But everything is still going suprisingly well. I have even colaberated with my brother to write some orignal music for the movie, which is nice.

Just out of interest, is anyone in the least bit interested in this? Or am I just posting here to bolster my own ego?

17. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    I'm interested in the project, although to be honest i still haven't seen the original movie, so the parody might not make much sense.

On another note, I saw the star trek collectors edition in my newsagent today. Picked up a copy of it, simply because it had a cheap copy of First Contact on DVD (since i only had it on VHS)

I'm not one to collect this though, since i'd have to wait about 15 years if its 3 epsiodes or 1 movie a fortnight to see all the epsiodes of all the series. No thanks.

18. Predator150

Predator150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2004
    Hi eveyone, I actually live in a place called Aberfan, and I would love to get involved with the fan film making....but there are a lot of people in my area, as well as mates who really do not like Star Wars, or are just sad and would prefer it if they just walked around on the streets all day doing nothing.

Aberfan is a boring place to live...can't wait to leave schol because I'm outer here.

19. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    I can play bass and harmonica but you would have to move to Australia

20. Ripper

Ripper Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Mixo is not proud of his welsh heritage ;)

21. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    NOT PROUD!!!! NOT PROUD!!!! RIPPER I ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE HOW I AM DARK WELSH!!!!! THIS MEANS WAR !!!!!!

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    There hasn't been a full scale war since the formation of this forum!

Should I ready the numerous, but usless battle droids?

23. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I am preparing my New Age and Huggard brothers to invade so beware!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.