main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wer geht zur Celebration 3 ???

Discussion in 'German Speaking FanForce' started by Man_from_Naboo, Oct 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    Do you mean, that you are shoe-crazy for a girl or that you are a girl, so you HAVE to be shoe-crazy? ;) :p

EDIT: But I think, they have millions of shoes there for you and another million with the high heeled ones you don't want to / can't wear :p ;)

2. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
  3. ChimealHeltei

ChimealHeltei Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    That's no answer... ;)

4. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Danke, Michael :)
    But everyone's English here is great :D
    ...and it's true, Jule did force me into going to Indianapolis, but I didn't take much persuading so I'm very grateful she did :p ;)
    I hope you can make it out there, and it would be nice to meet you :)

I think the best thing to do with the weapons is to get a letter from the Police, and maybe take some photographs to attach to the letter with a small decription of the weapons. My sister is a Police officer, so I can certainly help with this and I will ask her for any advice :)
    Personally I wouldn't send them off separately because they could get stuck in customes and you might never see them again :(

2*32 Kilo per person should be enough, but as Jule said it might be best to check with the airline just incase....you could always go to the airport in costume perhaps, which would save some weight ;) But if you get arrested then please don't blame me :p

That's right Flo, plenty of shopping is part of my master plan [face_devil]
    And I'm sure Jule will be at least looking at all the shoes, and will probably buy several pairs...several hundred that is [face_mischief]
    okay, I wont be mean, Jule is not quite as bad as my Mum for shoes but she's not too far behind....dangerous!! ;)

But I must confess, I will be buying a new pair of shoes soon :eek: :p

5. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    for the weapons: would be sad not to take along the lightsabers, but maybe you could ask some americans if they have blasters 'n stuff for you to borrow.

letter: why don't you contact the US embassy and ask them what they think about all that? I mean maybe they can give you a letter... or the security guys at the airport.

you need to go shopping for me. I need zip-lock bags with no print (content, freezing date, best before and that stuff) for my rocks. Well right now I still got enough, but next may I probably need new ones.
    (Not even Wal*Mart sells those bags without print in Germany!)

I also need a GPS. Over there it is waaaaay cheaper!

6. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    Also, ich würde ja gerne, wirklich!! Aber es fällt leider genau in meine Klausurphase, außerdem weiß ich nicht, ob ich so einen langen Flug überstehen würde, ich krieg nämlich jedesmal die Krise, wenn ich fliegen soll!!

7. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    And I'm sure Jule will be at least looking at all the shoes, and will probably buy several pairs...several hundred that is
    :_|

Janne, the embassy is a good idea. I'm going to get in contact with them.
    you need to go shopping for me
    No problem but could you please write a list for us? I don't want to forget anything ;)

I have to say I'm a bit scared about the flight too. But I think I'm not alone, right Matt [face_batting] :p

Das mit den Klausuren hab ich schon abgesichert... ich werd wahrscheinlich die ersten zwei Tage des neuen Semsters verpassen. Gehts du auf die FH, oder warum hast du da Prüfungen?

8. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    scared about the flight? it is just 9 hours or so! the only problem is that it gets boring being above the clouds all the time...and the legs start hurting. But if you catch a Boing 777 it will be ok, each seat has its own screen, several TV/radio channels to chose from, arcade games and more room for the legs that in B-767-400.

9. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I feel really mean now, but men are almost expected to tease women about shoes, but I promise not to do it again....well, not for the next 5 minutes :p

But I think I'm not alone, right Matt

lol, you're not alone ;)
    I've flown three times before, two of them recently but I'm not sure I really like flying. I just don't feel like I'm in control and I'd rather see what's going on exactly. And taking off from Germany was not very pleasant because we were next to the Dutch boader and the plane had to be a certain height before entering their airspace, so it meant having a very steep climb and a quick 180º turn....please tell me it wont be like that in Frankfurt Jule [face_worried] ;)
    But I have flown trans-alantic before and we did have the TV monitors which were very nice :D
    One problem is that I just can't sleep on planes...I treid before and I just couldn't do it as it was too cramped for me.

I'm sure we will do our best to get your stuff Janne, my sister is bound to also give me a looong list so we can get evrything together perhaps.

10. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    >>And taking off from Germany was not very pleasant because we were next to the Dutch boader and the plane had to be a certain height before entering their airspace, so it meant having a very steep climb and a quick 180º turn...<<

Won't be like that in Frankfurt. Frankfurt is too far east to be close to the Oranje border. Weird people, you can cross the border without even noticing that you're in a different country but planes have to be at a certain elevation... *shakes head* ;)

11. TwiLekSith

TwiLekSith Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    Well, you wouldn't have had that if your flight went to and from Düsseldorf :p

12. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    Then the airport of Klagenfurt is nothing for you. ;)
    There is no boarder that bother anyone, but the solid rock of the alps. ;)

13. Jaina_Mirax

Nov 25, 2000
    Rocks rock!

14. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    Ich up den grad mal..

Is auch ein bißchen englisch drin für unseren Ösi [face_batting]

15. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    [face_laugh]
    Du bist ja so nett, Jule! :D

16. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    Is doch wahr...

;)

17. Opi-Wan_Kenopi

Opi-Wan_Kenopi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2004
    Da hat sich ja einer an nur einem Tag schon richtig beliebt gemacht was ??? :D

18. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    Er ist ja schon ein wenig länger da und gibt sich alle Mühe. ;)

19. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    For those three Germans (and Matt):
    Will you have a connection flight? I for one haven't bought the flight yet but I am fixed to a certain one with only one break stop in Washington D.C.
    Others make two stops. Also, when will you take off/ land (date and European/ Indianapolis local time)? I guess I'll fly over on the 19th already (around 06:00PM), stay at a cheap hotel overnight and then meet the people from Kentucky I'll share a room with the next day around noon as planned. I will probably leave around noon on the 25th.

P.S.: Those replica weapon/ amor stories are so funny. It will take ages till you can check in and out at the airport due to all those fans that will have to open their luggage and prove that they really aren't actual, dangerous weapons.

20. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    Yap, we do have a connection flight. We change plain at Newark which is airport at New York as far as I know and Matt told me :p

Someone we know who attended Celbration II said that it is no problem if you miss your connection. You just have to pray and wait if there are free seats at a later flight.

Well I still haven't done anything according to the "weapon"-problem. We had the idea of making contact to an American embassy and make them confirm that our weapons are fake... Just an idea. Maybe the guys at the airport won't care about a piece of paper anyway :p

21. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I still need to get my weapon! That's my big problem. ;) And the Swedes are dropping by Chicago before Indianapolis.

22. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    So when do you arrive in Indianapolis? Our flight arrives 15.45 if I remember it correctly.

23. gaiatha

May 25, 2002
    Oh, right... I only told Nina so far. Now the official version ;)

We (Michi, Flo, Matt and I that is) will arrive at 16.39 at Indianapolis.
    I don't know if you want to wait for us, because I have no idea how long it will take to get our luggage.

24. MacCaffrey

Oct 25, 2000
    As long as you get it, don't worry. ;)

25. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    How do you say in English "Mal den Teufel nicht an die Wand"? ;) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.