main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We're All Fine Here, Thanks. How Are You? - The FanFic Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My foot HUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRTS and the compression bandage I was wearing is not helping. Mabel went to the vet today for steroid shots and antibiotics. She's not very happy with me, as she also got a bath last night.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Something not so many will get but I feel should be posted

God Jul till eder alla!

Chyntuck and skygawker like this.
  3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    The original Five Nights at Freddy's is free today on the Amazon Appstore for Android. So I downloaded it. I haven't played it yet, but I hope I don't regret it. [face_worried]

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    TrakNar, sorry you're still hurting! :( Hope you feel better soon.

Gamiel, god Jul to you too! And to all who are celebrating.

Me, I'm about to play my first of three services tonight (4, 7, and 9pm). Piles and piles of music on both organ and piano. Exciting and all, but I'll be very glad to have it done with!

5. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Took about 20 questions to guess Anakin Solo. :p

EDIT: Then took 25 questions to guess Markus Naslund, but for some reason it asked if he was from Sweden twice.

6. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Gamiel: my dad's side of the family is from Finland - every Christmas we'd always have little tomten decorations and read a story book about the myth. Good memories!

Chyntuck and Gamiel like this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Maybe to confirm that he was not Markus Näslund?

Ewok Poet likes this.
  8. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Foxy is active the first night in the mobile version. You can deter him by keeping watch on Pirate's Cove. Also, check your door lights when you can, as Bonnie and Chica will lurk outside the office.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  9. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Watching Google's Santa Tracker; Jolly Old St. Nick is really not very efficient. He went from an island in the Caribbean up to Greenland. :confused: Perhaps he should stop listening to his sleigh's GPS and consult a real map.

Also, my in-laws are a strange bunch. We had Christmas Eve dinner at Mr. Baiard's uncle's, and he gave everyone a his 'n' hers set of Poo-pourri (which you spray in the bowl before...well, you know) and he insisted everyone watch the ad for it, which was apparently written by a team of 13 year olds. I was the only one who was like "ooookay then." Tomorrow, we'll be at Mr. B's mom's, who invariably gives a stocking full of dental hygiene products, deodorant and socks.

And now to artistically arrange the Youngling's presents 'neath the tree. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Kahara, Gamiel and Chyntuck like this.
  10. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Back from a marathon evening of playing organ and piano for three Christmas Eve services in a row. It went quite well considering everything, but I now have a pounding headache. :( And all hopes of my finally having some relaxing downtime over the next few days is shot, since I just found out I have to play for a funeral on Saturday (in addition to playing on Sunday). [face_frustrated]

But for now, at least, time to head upstairs and get some sleep. Greetings of the season to all. @};-

Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  11. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I'm fighting a headache as well. The kids are crazy. I can't wait to crawl into bed and sleep.

12. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Good morning and χρόνια πολλά!

Wow Findswoman I didn't realise that you actually play the organ! How/where do you practice? I can imagine that playing three services back-to-back must be exhausting. Did you have a Christmas dinner or did you go straight to bed?

I hope all those who were under the weather are feeling better today [:D]

I woke up at the crack of dawn. One thing I love about being in our country house is the absolute SILENCE -- I feel like I need only half the hours of sleep because I'm so well-rested here. So I got up and settled in the veranda (it has plate glass windows to close it in the winter) with a pair of blankets and managed to squeeze in some fanfic writing before three little critters came downstairs and wanted breakfast and insisted on going in the living room where Mr Chyntuckopoulos was still snoring to get their presents... Now everyone is awake, so their parents mercifully collected them and sent them to play in the garden (the weather is beautiful, like 16°C with bright sunshine), a plot to conquer the Galaxy is developing in the kitchen, and I need to go and check on that =P~

I wish you all a very, very nice day and a beautiful Christmas.

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I hope everyone is having a good day!

I want to know why it's 60 degrees in New England and it's snowing in Hawaii... they stole my snow! :p

In other news, I had Boston Cream Pie the other day in the restaurant that invented it... the Parker House Hotel in Boston. Boston Cream Pie isn't my favorite, but this was really good.

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Merry Christmas! Hope everybody's having a great day! :)

So for those of you who've already opened your presents, what did you get? I got some music CDs, Star Wars and Captain America T-shirts, and an awesome leather jacket. And this is after telling my parents "I don't care what I get, just buy me whatever." So all in all, pretty awesome. :cool:

15. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    My haul: a pair of jeans, two long-sleeved t-shirts, some assorted toiletries, a box of chocolate-covered marshmallow Santas, a $25 gift card to Outback Steakhouse, and $40 cash.

Today's goal: write my fic-gift. Odds against that actually happening: about 10:1. :p (Mainly because I don't write well at home, and there's no place open today for me to go sit and work, unless I want to go to McDonald's. [face_sick])

Kahara, Revanfan1 and Chyntuck like this.
  16. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    The kids got $300 in GameStop cards, a SmartTV, The Halo 1-4 collection, a Sniper video game and some game where the characters beat each other up, clothing, board games and another year of Xbox Live. I bought myself a new camera, since I'm the only person who buys presents in this family. o_O

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    My haul: SW calendar, a couple books, GotG, a travel sketchbook, weekly planner, and a nice pen. Haven't seen BroNar, yet, because his wife would rather spend the rest of the week with her folks at their house. BroNar said that he's going to try and come over without her, because he's tired of her family taking precedence all the time. She's unable to compromise.

Kahara, Revanfan1 and Chyntuck like this.
  18. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    My Star-Wars related presents:
    • Tarkin
    • a Yoda hat
    • the prequels on Blu-Ray
    • two t-shirts (including one I had really been wanting from HerUniverse)
    • Volume II of the Clone Wars comics
    • a character encyclopedia
    • Yoda, Anakin, and Obi-Wan figurines
    • a Death Star candy
    • and a season pass for Rebels on iTunes (a gift from a friend of mine who's been trying to get me to catch up).
    Every single person in my family got me Star Wars stuff :p. Literally the only things I got other than that were some winter clothing and a few pieces of candy. They know me very well.

19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    That does it. I want to be your kid. :p (Except I would make an effort to buy you something. ;))

Kahara, Goodwood, TrakNar and 4 others like this.
  20. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Isn't "snow in Hawaii" an oxymoron?

My cousins and I each got a lovely, embroidered shawl from our "mothers" -- now we know what the three old ladies were hiding together to do since September! My aunt from Egypt sent me a big bag of karkadeh (dried hibiscus flowers to make herbal tea) and my cousins got me books. Mr Chyntuckopoulos didn't give me his present yet, which means that he's up to something [face_thinking] Oh, and my nephews and niece gave me some horrible, hand-made, hand-painted animals made from pasta, to add to the collection of Auntie Chyntuck gifts on the kitchen shelf :p

Kahara, Findswoman and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Nope. The U.S. National Weather Service actually issued a Blizzard Warning for the Big Island's mountaintops, specifically areas above 11,500 feet, and they were talking about up to 12 inches of snow that those elevations. Here's an ABC News story from today about it; it looks like it didn't amount to much, but they did get a White Christmas.

Chyntuck likes this.
  22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Man, everyone's gift hauls are way more interesting than mine. :p Mine were mainly opened last week and consist solely of a Cuisinart ice cream maker from the Findshusband (which we're going to try out later tonight) and an L. L. Bean Mad Bomber hat from the Findshusband's sister (she got all three of us said hats; it's quite a sight). My mom will be giving us money, which we'll probably use to get some sort of stereo system for the living room (Bose, anyone?). My dad says he's sending something, but I'm not sure what.

I got the Findshusband this rather curious device at his request. (Those like Barriss_Coffee who are familiar with the fly-killing salt gun I got him for his birthday will find this especially amusing.)

Findsboy has made out a lot better. He's gotten several books, a beading kit, Uno cards, a new sticker book, a huge Hot Wheels track plus several cars, a rubber stamp set, and—best of all, from Grandma—a child-size guitar.

Chyntuck, to answer your questions about the organ, I actually have my own full-size electronic instrument (a two-manual Rodgers 700A) at home that I got used a few years back as a gift from my mother and grandmother, though I do sometimes go in to practice at the church I've been working for,* just to get the feel of the different instrument. Alas, no special Christmas Eve dinner in this Jewish household of mine ( :( ), so when I got home yesterday evening I just wrote a few e-mails and headed up to bed.

*Yes, I am Jewish and I "moonlight" as an organist in a church—that's because that's where most of the instruments, and thus most of the gigs, are.

23. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Whatever sickness that had been hounding me for the last week came back in full force today, probably due to an inability to get a decent sleep on Christmas Eve. Had to leave my parents' place early just because I couldn't carry on. My little sister loved the lava lamp I got her, and my parents loved the dual disco ball setup thing just like I knew they would. My own haul consisted of a full-version copy of Windows 8.1 (but we're going to swap that for a Windows 7 upgrade for Vista), a copy of Dragon Age: Inquisition for PC, which for some reason doesn't run on Vista (hence the WIndows upgrade), a pretty nice Logitech webcam with microphone, a thick bathrobe made of a soft, furry material, a nice Memory Foam pillow and a pretty awesomely thick and warm furry comforter, both of which I've tried out since I got home in a really nice long nap (they're awesome), and some assorted candies and knickknacks which included a couple of spare fireworks.

I forgot to retrieve my bowling ball from my parents' place, however, but I expect to redress that oversight when we go back to the store to exchange that copy of Windows.

24. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    My early morning peace and quiet has just been shattered. The critters woke up and they are demanding breakfast.

25. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

First product of my new webcam... ;)

jcgoble3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.