main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We're All Fine Here, Thanks. How Are You? - The FanFic Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'd have to get service hooked up, which I don't have right now. It'd require an antenna. I've considered a Roku, but I don't watch enough TV to justify the purchase.

2. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    I feel like I lost the entire month of May (again), but it's been a productive month. I started my new YouTube channel, so I've been busily getting that up to speed, I went to Fanime in San Jose this past weekend, and now I have time to sit and write some more.

mavjade and Kahara like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

Lucky you, our public service is on drugs today...as they will be showing this:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1799556/

Apparently, the guy arranges his own death and everybody thinks he's a vampire.

Gamiel and skygawker like this.
  4. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I love it: the Youngling is playing with her Disney Princess plush dolls behind me, and the princesses are forming a STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) club :D. Anna and Elsa are studying meteorology, Merida is an ecologist, and Rapunzel is an engineer ("because my prince couldn't find a way to climb my hair"). You go, kiddo! (And take that, Disney)

Chyntuck, Sith-I-5, Kahara and 6 others like this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Oh, what a movie! What a lovely movie!

EDIT
    So no national economics? Or military strategy? I hope there better halves at least studies it or else their countries may be introuble.

6. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Have a pretend bombing run!

7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Dammit. The drug dealers next door managed to escape from foreclosure without losing the house. I was really looking forward to having them gone this summer and having a much more peaceful neighborhood. :(

The latest stupid thing they're doing is yelling at us to get our "white trash butts back inside where they belong" (yep: they're black) anytime we so much as step outside for any reason, going on to accuse us of "invading their privacy" simply by being outside our house on our own back porch for a few seconds (usually en route to or from the car to leave for, or when arriving home from, somewhere). Yet somehow they insist that WE'RE the racist ones because we don't like them and don't fully approve of everything they do? Sorry, but I believe in equality, and black supremacy is not equality.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Were I in that situation, I'd probably give them the finger and say "make me." Naturally, I'd also have a shotgun somewhere nearby where I can get at it, but they wouldn't know it's there until they decided to test the Castle Doctrine for themselves.

*Note: This applies to anyone, regardless of race/ethnicity/etc.

jcgoble3 and Revanfan1 like this.
  9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Their idea of taking action is to call their buddies at the local police department and make a false report to get false charges filed. They did that to my dad several years ago, and he now has a permanent criminal record because of it. No thanks. I don't need my life permanently ruined.

10. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Damn dude, that really sucks. Of course there's going to be jerkwads that milk the system, but the worst part is the crooked cops.

Revanfan1 and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I really don't know any of my neighbors. I'm kinda glad. I live on a really busy street kinda in the middle of a shopping district, so everyone just kinda does their own thing. It's nice. Heck, my uncle's crazy ex wife lives a few blocks down and I've NEVER run into her.

So today was kinda an odd, not exactly productive day. My sister agreed to make a graduation cake for her boss' son. My sister actually makes really cool cakes (here's a Zoidberg cake she made a few years ago and here's last week's experiments). But she was experimenting with modeling chocolate, so I had to run to the store for her three times. Anyways, she was complaining about how our uncle's new wife asked her to make a princess cake (one where you put the Barbie in a cake and the cake is her dress) for her granddaughter and my sister was all prepared to do it FOR FREE, then the woman goes "oh, I've decided to hire a professional to make it". So, to prove to her that she could have done it better, my sister tells me "You're getting a princess cake for your birthday." Of course, me being me, I asked if it could be Princess Leia. My sister goes "No, it has to be someone with a really elaborate dress." So, yeah. That is why I had to spend a half-hour on Ebay trying to find the cheapest Queen Amidala barbie. I still gotta pick the dress. I'm thinking the classic red throne-room dress because I got that barbie with that hair and make-up.

12. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Well, I'll count myself lucky. The only neighbor-related drama I've had recently is that my neighbor's 6-month-old puppy has figured out how to escape their backyard and showed up at my house twice in the past three days. (We also have a dog, so they play together sometimes, which I guess is why the puppy decided it would be more fun to make a break for our place than to stay in his own backyard when his owners were at work). The day before yesterday the puppy got loose and didn't come to my house, prompting over an hour of searching through the neighborhood before he was finally found, having gone into the pond of the people a few doors down and gotten himself absolutely filthy. Anyway, time for them to put in a new gate!

Briannakin, that sounds like it'll be an awesome birthday cake.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I did a brilliant thing last night... I left my phone in the back of a NYC cab. [face_sigh]:_| I'm always hyper-paranoid of where my phone is and often check to make sure it's where I think it is, but we got to my destination faster than I thought we would so it took me by surprise. I had it in my hand and must have set it down to pay and not picked it back up. I realized I didn't have it just about the time he was far enough away I couldn't see the plate.

We called the NY lost a found and the local police precincts and it hasn't been turned in, tried calling it, no one answered. I think the worst part is not losing all my contacts and photos (though that is terrible) because I'm awful about backing up my stuff, but that because I have my work email on there and even though it's password protected, I have to call them and tell them I've lost it and they have to reset all my work stuff.

14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Bad mavjade! :p

Seriously, though, I hope they find your phone and get it back to you. I can't imagine losing my phone, even though I have all of my contacts and photos automatically backed up. For me, the worst part would be the expense of replacing it without the benefit of a discounted contract price or a payment plan. Like you, I'm super-paranoid about double- and triple-checking not just my phone, but my wallet also.

15. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    That really sucks Mav! I hope you (somehow) get it back.

I don't really use my phone that much, however, if I lost my iPad, I might actually die.

So, today was another epic bust. My mom calls me at like 11 am and asks me if I'll come over and help my brother write an essay for his English class. Of course I said yes, but 6 hours (of writing on the pros and cons of nuclear power), plus dinner and some Mortal Kombat, later, I finally got home. I kinda want to work on some fanfic, but I feel a headache coming on. I think I may actually go to bed at like 10 am on a Saturday.

16. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Well I'm back working on my fanfic again...and I managed to find a legitimate way of bringing back an old favorite from a certain diary. :)

whiskers and JediMaster_Jen like this.
  17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I spent all night making this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chyntuck, mavjade , Agent M and 2 others like this.
  18. Agent M

Agent M Jedi Padawan star 2

May 13, 2015
    Aw, that's cute

TrakNar likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I plan to add more details to my plushie tonight, such as finger and toe stitching, and I'll make a pendulum for it. I also need to do at least some touchup stitching on the ears and head.

Methinks I figured out a nice format for my plushies, as this one was made pretty quickly.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do anybody know how hard it was to get tobacco products and liquor (especially rum) in Nazi occupied France? It is for an RPG adventure

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Never found my phone, so I had to get a new one. Luckily, my contract was up so it wasn't a huge expense, unluckily, the last time I backed it up was in October. Luckily, I did back my phone up at some point because I'm terrible about that.

23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Erich Maria Remarque's Arch of Triumph could provide you with answers.

24. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Looks like I need to find that book, too. For some reason, I thought all he did was All Quiet.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  25. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    If so, read The Spark of Life, too. It's frightening.

I read all of his stuff that was translated to my native language. Magnificent, magnificent writer, one of the best of the XX century.

Kahara likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.