main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We're All Fine Here, Thanks. How Are You? - The FanFic Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    For some reason, I can't see Ewan McGregor as the Doctor. Maybe because I've only see him in serious or angsty roles. But I am of the opinion that Rupert Grint needs to be the first ginger Doctor.

However, after that last episode (Listen), Capaldi is officially MY Doctor. I'm sorry Tennant, I love you and your hair, but you have been replaced, we knew this was coming. I have Daddy issues and the whole
    "Once upon a time... the end."
    had been pulled on little me many a times by my dad and that just sold Capaldi for me.

Okay, shutting up now.

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I found out the hard way that Foxy is active on the first night.

[face_worried]

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I don't think Trak is going to be getting much sleep in the near future. :p

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Briannakin Have to agree with you. Well except that 9 was my Doctor (Not 10) but 12 is it now. Still have a ways to go in the current series but if he keeps it up, he will be my Doctor.

5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I am a masochistic glutton for punishment. FNaF terrifies me, but I love the game.

jcgoble3 and Goodwood like this.
  6. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    FNaF? You are a braver soul than I. I can't play horror games even with the lights on and someone next to me.

Good luck with the fox-mister, he's... disturbing.

7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    The last playthrough I did was with my brother and we took turns as the game freaked us out that we needed breaks. We made it to the fifth night. We didn't sleep very well and were constantly checking doors and lights.

It doesn't help matters that my art nook is about the same size as the security office, and then i hear things outside. And then there's my prop closet in my room...

Goodwood and jcgoble3 like this.
  8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Thank you! Just finished Season 1 of Arrow last night.

I absolutely think it was one of the best season finales I've ever seen. It was so tragic when Oliver found Tommy with the rebar stabbing up through his chest...I was so glad that Tommy was sort of redeemed in the end; he'd become something of a jerk in the last part of the season (though understandably; his life was sort of ruined and it would be easy to blame Oliver). I was glad they reconciled before he...*sniffle* :(

On another topic: college. Note to self. Schoolwork is easy...socializing is hard. :p

9. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    I fell in a ditch last night.
    That's all I have to report. That and the cows down the road kept mooing and freaking me out because thier moos sounded really weird. I think they might have been giving birth or something. I dunno. Do they have babies at this time of year? I saw some baby turkies on the side of the road so I guess it's not impossible.

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Well, I've seen some calves around, so it's possible. Or maybe they wanted milked. Or sometimes they just have weird moos. Or maybe aliens had visited and they were attempting to warn other pastures.

Not much to report here, either. I'm going to play some Pokemon.

Chyntuck likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, that tends to be how it is. However. Fourth year is hard. Take as few fourth year classes as possible. Mine may kill me.

I have my evening class again tonight. It's at 6:30, but the latest the shuttle will pick me up is just before 5. It's annoying. So I'm trying to decide if I should have a stupidly early dinner, pack something for dinner, or just go to the university pub. I think I might want to order pizza tomorrow, so I probably shouldn't eat out tonight, plus going to to pub alone is just depressing (but the food is good). Looks like I'm packing something. Note to self: don't take another evening class. As much as I hate morning classes, I'm not liking this situation.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I've never had a class before 9:45 am. I do have long days from that starting time to 8pm though. If only two days though, not a big deal. Could never do an 8am class. Almost had too but got cancelled. 2 history classes this semester. Hang out in the Library, Student Center, Academic Enrichment, Computer Lab etc. Was good friends with people who run the latter two areas on my campus. Also was good friends with one of the Student Security Officers from last year.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I miss school, but I don't miss the debt.

Trying to balance school and a social life wasn't an option for me, so I ditched the social life. Not like I really cared since I'm not very social.

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Something totally random: my son just can't stop laughing at the word "fanfiction." He's now trying to reason out how the word is put together, and I think he thinks the "fan" in "fanfiction" refers to the kind of fan that spins around on the ceiling to keep the room cool.

He finds the expression "higgledy-piggledy" pretty amusing, too.

15. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah, I love Ewan, but I don't see him as the Doctor. There are sooo many people I'd love before him.

Listen was a great episode! It really creeped me out, especially in the beginning due to my thinking people are in my room while I'm sleeping.
    Calpaldi is amazing!

Revanfan1 - Just wait until you get through season 2... It somehow managed to top season 1! Arrow is one of my favorite shows right now, I can't wait for season 3 to start in October!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011

Death Blade 3000—about a ceiling fan that flies off the ceiling and decapitates people on its highest setting, the latest in thrilling fan fiction.

17. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    The expression "higgledy-piggledy" IS amusing. I was in this big conference about migrant and refugee rights a few years back, there were people from all over the world, so the simultaneous translation service was working overtime, and this team of lawyers from the UK had this silly bet going on where they had to use it in their presentation. I can still remember the baffled looks the interpreters were giving each other :p

jcgoble3, Goodwood and Findswoman like this.
  18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    "Higgledy-piggledy" amuses me because the word "pig" is in it and it makes me think of pigs screwing something up in a slapstick way.

Goodwood and Findswoman like this.
  19. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

I wouldn't be at all surprised if something like that figured in the expression's origin somehow. :D Alas, my Webster's just says "origin unknown."

So Chyntuck, how did the British lawyers end up using the word in their presentations? I should try to come up with a way to use it in my upcoming conference paper, I suppose, though that won't be easy...

Gosh, earlier today I came up with a whole headful of clever, bon-mot-type things to post here tonight, but now that I finally have the chance to, I just feel mortally tired and want to climb in bed. Even though I should be working on my paper. Blearrg.

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku likes this.
  20. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    WORK TODAY:

[​IMG]

That is all. [face_plain][face_frustrated]

21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Well, I know Deathstroke comes on the scene, and he's been my favorite DC villain since Teen Titans (super-psyched for the live action version of that, BTW), and I watched that one fight scene where he fights Oliver, Diggle, and Canary in the hideout, so I am so excited for Season 2. I was pretty peeved when Netflix pulled their move on Sunday night, not adding it, and with no explanation besides, but I'm satisfied that it'll be added October 8th (which, ironically, is my brother's birthday).

I'm just looking forward to finding out how Slade goes from the brusque-but-still-good-guy commando we see in S1 to the psychopath he'll no doubt be in S2. Also, how Sara survives to become the Canary.

mavjade and Force Smuggler like this.
  22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I was couch-bound for a bit as my foot was sore, so I iced it and filled three pages of my sketchbook with Drowzee sketches. My foot feels better and I scanned all three pages and threw them on my junk blog.

Now I'm sitting here thinking about playing FNaF...

23. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    Ahh love it when I'm at school from 9-7:15!

Ah well, I only have to do it twice this week until my mom comes back and I get my regular schedule back. Speaking of pokemon, I must apologise to you Trak, I'm recently replaying through X so I don't quite have any pokemon that need to be traded back and fourth yet, but trust me, the moment I get a pumpkaboo I will come clawing into your inbox going 'Traaadeeeee?'

I love pumpkaoo, but of course, I love fall and Halloween and jack-o-lanturns and all that so it's pretty much made for me. Def one of my favorite new pokemon.

And yeah about the cows, I get anxious at night (dark phobic) so when I first heard the weird moos I kinda freaked out. They sounded strangely mechanical so it was either cows, foxes, my dads phone going off or aliens.

It was probably aliens.

24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Eh, don't worry about it. I'm actually rarely online with Pokemon. :p

If you need some Pokemon bounced, though, let me know and I'll hop online. I might soon have a few that need bounced, anyway. I've got all four sizes of Pumpkaboo, so I guess I could bounce all four.

25. Lunarcat

Lunarcat Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2014
    Same for you, just shoot me a PM if you even need poke-help! I can't tell weather I like little tiny pumpkaboo best or super huge pumkaboo best.

I think I like the larger ones, no real reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.