main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We're All Fine Here, Thanks. How Are You? - The FanFic Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I was surprised when i found the jumbo Pumpkaboo and didn't know that it'd have a different cry. Before then, I couldn't differentiate the sizes very well and ended up catching four or five of the slightly bigger Pumpkaboo before a jumbo showed up. Have yet to start playing with them in Amie. Kind of want to give my Huge Boo an everstone so he stays big and pumpkiny.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I am so confused right now. Back when I played pokemon, there were only 151 pokemon. #IFEELOLD

I officially hate Tuesdays now. I got to school at 5. Thankfully I found some friends to hang out with/eat dinner with before our Pirate class. Pirate class was actually really fun. I got to the room and everyone was complaining about the classroom (the tables are in long rows that go from one wall to the other and the walk-way between the tables and wall is literally less than a foot). Last class we actually had to move one of these 20 foot long tables so that I could get in. It was a major safety hazard in case of a fire. The professor got there and agreed with us so, seeing that we are one of the few Tuesday night classes, we went shopping for a better classroom and settled on our favorite. But we didn't get out till 9:30. My sister picked me up and was like "So, we had no milk so I stole all yours, so we need to go get some for the both of us." Which meant, I didn't get home till 10:30. I have a ton of stuff I want to do and NEED to get going on, but I also have a shuttle to catch at 8 tomorrow morning. I guess sleep is for the weak? But tomorrow is my Friday. Then I got 4 days to read a book and write an essay. Grg.

Reminds me of my high school days. I'd leave the house for early morning band at 7am and because of after-school groups and church stuff, I wouldn't return home till 10 pm. I did that every Tuesday for 2 years. How I survived, I do not know.

3. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Here.

Have a silly Gengar.

[​IMG]

I need to start playing with mine in Amie. His name is Nyarlathotep.

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    So like I said, schoolwork easy, socializing hard. But on the other hand...

Yesterday at lunch, one of my fellow freshmen said "Hey, why don't you come sit with us?" I said okay. There were two other guys at the table besides him; we were soon joined by others until the table was full to capacity. Then today, I sat on my own at lunch initially but the same guy from yesterday joined me, and in no time the table was once again full–mostly with the exact same people from yesterday, with a few new exceptions (and some from yesterday who weren't there today). And so (remember I go to a Christian college) someone said, "It's almost time for chapel, why don't we all go together?" So we did. We didn't all get to sit together but we did at least divide into a few groups of three or four. And then, when we were on our way to chapel, a guy who hadn't sat with us today but did yesterday came out of the bathroom and was like "Oh, hey guys!" so he joined us too!

So, like, socializing is usually hard. But then sometimes you unintentionally start to form a clique with random people. [face_laugh]

Gemma, jcgoble3 and TrakNar like this.
  5. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I had a small clique of nerds in college, but mostly I was the aloof loner who would emerge from the darkness. My clique was at my last college, while the other two I was just the aloof loner. And even when I had that small clique, it was comprised of aloof loners.

I'm not in college anymore and I'm still an aloof loner. Them socializins is hard.

This weekend my brother might be coming over and we plan to play more FNaF. We are addicted to terror. I seriously love this game. Definitely recommend it, and it is definitely worth the five bucks. I'm tempted to buy the iOS version so I can take the terror on the go... and scare the bejeezus out of my niece and nephews. If they've ever wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese, they won't after playing that! :p

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    So, my sister apparently wants to see Liam Neeson as the Doctor. Maybe she really IS my sister :p

Revanfan1, TrakNar and Force Smuggler like this.
  7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    [​IMG]

I love to pet my Hypno's nose. :3

Her name is Lavinnia and she's a mutant. I was trying for a Timid with a max Speed stat and got a Bold with a max Speed stat. She breaks stat calculators because she's a mutant.

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I love it when I meet random people like that :) But I guess socializing in university hasn't been too hard for me since most of my friends all ended up at the same university as me and a good many of us are all in the history department. But yesterday I told them I hated them all because most of them are graduating i n the spring, where as I, because of my health issues have only been taking 3-4 classes a semester, so I still have 2-3 years after this one (probably closer to 2), THEN I have 2-4 years for my master's degree. I told them I hated them all because they all get to be done after May. They were like yeah, but we have to find jobs in the real world (though most of them are going for their education degree afterwards which is another 2 years), but you get to avoid real life for another 4 years, minimum. I'm like, touché.

So, interesting things today. They do fire drills at the university usually 1 week in september and they usually do 2 buildings in a day. Some how, up until this point, I've always managed to avoid them. Somehow today I ended up being in both the buildings when they decided to have them. They were not fun. However, we did get to spend 10 minutes of our economy class outside.

Also, it is so cold here. I should get reading a book so I can write the 1500 word essay I have due Tuesday, but a warm bath sounds so much nicer.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    I've found socializing is a little easier for me after returning from camp. I'm still kind of aloof, but now I'm more comfortable opening up, and I don't usually have my walls up anymore. That's certainly progress from when I would sit in a corner and just avoid everyone.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Almost everyone I've had in multiple History classes over the last few semesters graduated this past spring, or summer or transferred to another campus. Our crew of people were awesome.

11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, I'm not sure how I'll feel in the spring or next fall with SO MANY people I know graduating. I had originally planned to do an exchange next fall so I wouldn't feel like the 'slow dummy of the bunch' but since I'm still considering doing my masters somewhere out of the country, I think I'll save my money.

So I'm kinda freaking the freak out right now. There was a loud bang on my window and what looked to be someone flashing a light in here. There's an axe murderer out to get me.

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm a semester late myself. My college switched to Semesters from Quarters after my Sophomore year. The increased workload that first semester was a bit much. 2 History classes, basic Biology (Dropped it), Spanish 1, and Poli Sci. You have to take 5 classes to graduate on time. I dropped that to 4 and only have 2 classes this semester. I could probably have done 5 History classes or 4 History classes and 1 Poli Sci class here and there but am fine with only doing 4 classes total. I still have friends on Campus so not a big deal.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011

[​IMG]

14. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Trak, we didn't need to see that. :p

15. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    Briannakin - Hope you post something soon -- so we know you're all right.

16. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    She knows, which is why she posted it.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Tomorrow (Friday) is a special day and Foxy just wanted to remind Briannakin about it.

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    The geography department tried something really cool a couple years ago. They had 6 courses offered for 1 of our normal 13 week semester. Each course ran for 2 weeks, and I think they had 4 hour classes every day for those 2 weeks, then you were done that class, you took the final on the second Friday then the next Monday began the next class. I think they had a week off in the middle. People said while it was all super condensed, it was awesome because you only had to focus on that one class. You didn't have to take all 6, but a lot of people who were used to only taking 4 did all 6 and they loved it. I wish the history department would try something like that. A lot of people I know don't mind talking an extra year and doing only 4 classes per semester. Depending on the classes I can sometimes handle 4 and I may try to next semester if I have a car (that way I don't have to stress out about transportation)

Also, thanks for that TrakNar.

I'm still alive (obviously). My sister's BF went looking around the house and found the flower pot dumped over. There are no fences between some of the houses, so it was probably either kids being stupid with a flashlight or someone looking for a pet.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Four hour classes everyday for 2 weeks? and did that multiple times? Interesting.
    Not sure if I could do that stamina wise.
    I know they are debating class time stuff on my Campus.
    3 times a week for just about a hour, 2 times a week for a hour and 20 minutes and potentially once a week for 3 hours. That last one is being debated still or might have been debunked. Not sure yet.

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Time for some levity!

[​IMG]

I'm going to venture out into the darkness anyway to get my laundry.

Goodwood likes this.
  21. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I laughed soooooo hard at this. :D

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    No, it was only 1 four hour class every day for 2 weeks, then you moved onto the next, so by the time the 13 weeks were up, you had completed 6 classes, each taking 2 weeks (or, I know some people only did 4 or 5, that way they got random 2 week vacations). I was kinda sad it was the geography department and not a department I was more familiar with, because I would have totally done it, even if it had been all electives for me. Doing 5 or 6 courses in the time it takes me to do 3, yet only having to focus on 1 course at a time. I would have totally tried.

The classes at my university are either 50 minutes 3 times a week, 80 minutes 2 times a week (most of mine are always this) or a 3 hour class once a week. But in the spring/summer the semester is only 6 weeks, so it's 3 hour classes twice a week, which I love doing. I don't mind being in a class for 3 hours, but my Pirate history class is a three hour evening class that isn't over till 9:30, so I'm not liking that part.

Alas, I think I am going to go have a warm bath, then read for a couple hours. I'm really hoping I can get this book done so I can start this essay Friday evening. Alas, my life is over till mid-december.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    You want to know why I fear my closet after a round of FNaF?

[​IMG]

THIS IS WHY.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Regarding socialization : I'm very much an introvert so pretty much all my friends talked to me first. Usually after people have gotten to know me a while they forget that I'm an introvert (I guess they only think of the hyper talkative part of me) and think I'm crazy when I say that and then I remind them how we met and to think how I was then.

This Saturday I think I'm going to be in introvert hell. I have my first training for the federal Disaster Medical Assistance Team I'm on and the ONE person I know who is on that team can't go, so I'm going to be forced to talk to strangers and probably in large groups for 8.5 hours. [face_sigh]

Goodwood and Revanfan1 like this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    So I was supposed to do a five minute presentation on a book for my Antebellum America class today but the Professor went over time on her presentation so I do it next tuesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.