main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We're All Fine Here, Thanks. How Are You? - The FanFic Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Raw Kale is my new thing.

On Pizza: Thin crust with Sorpresatta, Bacon, onions, mushrooms and fresh mozzarella. Well Done of course.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Darth_Furio Does any side of your family have any special recipe or did you just share it? :p I usually bug all Italians, technically-Italians and mostly-Italians about this. #wannabeitalianhere Pregoooooooooooooooooooooooo.

3. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    That would be my recipe EP. :p I like to share some things, some.I can also go with a simple Margherita as long as the sauce is good. Some sauces are too acidic. I like making my own.

Admiral Volshe and Ewok Poet like this.
  4. metophlus

metophlus Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 30, 2015
    Who's pregnant?

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I buy my pizzas, we have an excellent Italian restaurant on my street that have the best pizza bread I have eaten on any restaurant.

-----------------------------

EDIT: A I-need-more-sleep-and-have-just-read-too-much-My Little Pony-fics question; If Blackadder was a pony what colour should he have and how should his cutie mark look like?

I was thinking black mane and fur, with a moustache, and the cutie mark would be a black snake in an S shape on a green shield.

Lazy K likes this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    If I make it, I'll call it Pizza_Furio, then. :D I assume that sauces such as Putanesca likely have similar stories behind them. :p

Acidic is the reason I prefer Boscaiola these days, a lot of people make sauces that can literally make the stomach twist. I had a horrible, horrible Margherita at a restaurant close to me, pretty sure they were putting some store-bought sauce on it. The only restaurant in Belgrade that does pizza right is one called Campo di' fiori...and nope, I don't know what the apostrophe is for.

Now, for the worst thing: most restaurants here put ketchup on pizza. That's like...death?!

Darth_Furio likes this.
  7. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I make my own Putanesca too, ;)

That is an odd use of the apostrophe. Ketchup for tomato sauce is high treason and punishable by death. :p

Findswoman , jcgoble3 and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Eh, it's not that big a deal. It's just a little weird that they made that assumption.

9. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I asked the waiter about that apostrophe, she told me that "the owner likes it". When I went on to explain how it would've made sense if there was an e and not an i, but that this way it's just weird; she kept on shrugging and got defensive.

Ketchup for tomato sauce also seems to be a thing in some Chinese restaurants here. Hence the agony I experienced some two weeks ago when I was sure I had ordered chicken with pineapple in a tomato sauce. And fifteen minutes after lunch, when my blood sugar went through the roof, I knew it was ketchup with water, oil, whatever. Yuck.

10. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Far less stringy and absolutely delicious. Crisp and crunchy.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  11. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    I like it when the pizza has heaps and heaps of toppings. No real preference for thickness of crust—except for that dry cardboard Domino's serves. Ugh.

Gemma likes this.
  12. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    My favorite pizza is from a local place called Shakespeare's. Generally thin-crusted and absolutely perfection.

13. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Most other kinds of thin-crust I've ever had tend to taste more like the pizza is baked on a cracker. Gimme some substance, please!

14. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I love deep dish because it usually has that pastry-like, flaky, buttery crust. Mmmm.

Edit: As if there isn't enough food talk, I found GLUTEN FREE chicken nuggets. **** yeah!

Ewok Poet and Goodwood like this.
  15. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My sons and I had pizza today. It was awesome! I don't like thin crust either.

16. metophlus

Jun 30, 2015
    Thin crust is OK so long as I'm not the one cooking it. Burns way too easy. And the box instructions are laughably inaccurate.

17. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I like thin crust pizza. I also like Domino's pizza.

18. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    MMMMM. Now I really want pizza, but I've eaten like hell this past week (and I have an endocrinologist appointment tomorrow - he is going to roast me). I prefer deep dish or thick crust. I don't mind freezer-pizza thin crust because I can not cook it all the way and leave it a bit softer, but I hate ordered-out thin crust, particularly Papa Johns. It taste like a hard cracker.

So my roommates are mostly moved in. I am now living with people who are not related to me. Does this make me a grown up now. Because I still feel like I'm just faking this whole adult thing.

19. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Yep, it means you're a grown-up now, Briannakin.

Maybe someday you'll have a family of your own... ;) ...and then you won't be able to wait until they all leave forever the day.

20. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Nobody knows how to adult. Even the people who look like they do, they feel just as lost...they just know how to hide it. Once I learned that, it made me feel better.

I can't wait until I have a family to drive me nuts. :p

21. metophlus

Jun 30, 2015
    In Kansas City, MO, there's this tiny but genuine Italian joint that serves richly-flavored bacon-based pizza. Think thick crust, thick meat, and olives. It's unlike the pizza from Domino's or Hut, but dear frak it's heavenly.

My mother and eventual stepfather worked a few buildings down in the same strip mall as tax accountants and programmers a decade ago. They'd bring home that stuff every Friday. s'awesome

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  22. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Bacon pizza? :eek: That sounds amaaaazing.

Darth_Furio and metophlus like this.
  23. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    They've had bacon on pizza here before.

Though, this being college food, it left something to be desired.

Admiral Volshe and metophlus like this.
  24. metophlus

Jun 30, 2015
    If anyone in my region would like schedule a friendly meet up in a public venue to talk Star Wars, lemme know in PM.

I know what restaurant we're visiting. We'll split the price.

25. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    What's your region? 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.