main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Were/are you more excited for the prequels or sequels?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by EternalStutter, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EternalStutter

EternalStutter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2015
    Compare your excitement of these sequels films to your excitement of the prequels (before you saw them). Do you find yourself more excited now? Or back then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    It's hard to say. I was 3 when TPM came out. I was very excited, but I'm also very excited for Episode 7. I'm much more attune to the whole thing. It's a very different kind of excitement. Seeing TPM on opening night was so cool for me. I was almost 4, and I remember all the costumes. I went with my micro machines podracers. It was a blast. Nothing can take away that experience, and it will never be recreated. At the same time, I'm also VERY excited for 7, and have made tons of new friends from this very forum in anticipation.

3. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015

It's imposible to define my excitement when a saw the TPM's teaser trailer in 1998. I was 15 at the time and I went out to buy a clear(virgin) VHS to record the teaser, I spent hours waiting at the front of the TV for a repetition....hahahah

So...the excitement for this ST its way lower than PT.

EternalStutter likes this.
  4. EternalStutter

EternalStutter Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2015
    Oh the joys of VHS and making sure to hit record at the right time lol

Messi likes this.
  5. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I don't think I'll ever be as jacked as I was for TPM.

Ep 7 is coming close, though, but I'm older and wiser, so I'm checking my expectations. I'm excited for sure, but because ep 7 is such a huge unknown, I don't know what to feel.

Messi likes this.
  6. Zev.Love.X

Zev.Love.X Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2015
    ^^^

This. I was PUMPED for TPM. And in a lot of ways it met my expectations. There were a lot if touchpoints in the costumes and set designs. Duel of the Fates was a great lightsaber battle.

EVII feels different. I guess my expectation is more guarded? I dunno.

my kind of scum and Messi like this.
  7. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    I was pretty giddy during the RotS hype. I doubt I'll be as excited this time around, but I will say that I have always imagined what would happen after RotJ and I am looking forward to see it finally happen!

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    There is thread similar to this.
    Anyways hard to say.

9. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    At this point, I would say that I was much much more excited for the PT than I am so far for VII. With how little we know, it's just hard to say if it's going to have the magic. I'm excited for TFA, but also pretty worried.

10. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    I'm much more excited for the sequels as I have always wanted to see more of Skywalker, Solo & Leah ever since ROTJ came out. I was excited for the prequels as well but I was never really that interested in what went before ANH.

11. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm more excited about the sequels than the prequels because the prequels had to end in a way that lead up the OT so the main plot points were predictable.

12. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    I would say equal, but for VERY different reasons and quite different circumstances...

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  13. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Even though I was right in the target age demographic and had just gotten into Star Wars before TPM was about to come out, I think I'm even more excited for the ST for a lot of reasons: the return of the Big 3, the open frontier of possibilities as to where the plot goes after ROTJ, the immense talent involved that I've loved even before they were announced (JJ, Kasdan, Boyega, Isaac, Serkis, von Sydow, Kennedy), the emphasis on real locations and practical effects, the promise of the action scenes (with the parkour folks and guys from The Raid), etc. All the pieces seem to be in place for me to love this thing. Hope I'm not overhyping...

whostheBossk likes this.
  14. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    Much more excited for the prequels. Right now I have nothing but anxiety thinking about how these are going to turn out.

15. SLASHAXL

SLASHAXL Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2005
    I was really excited about Episode III, especially when I realised Yoda would face off with the Emperor. And of course finally getting to see Anakin fall to the dark side and become Darth Vader. However the overall PT trilogy did fall a little flat due to lack of character building,

Example: At the end of Episode 1, The central Jedi Character is dead, the main bad guy Darth Maul is dead and we have a central character called Jar Jar Binks, who will drift more and more into obscurity as the trilogy progresses. So in Episode 2, we were getting to know new central characters all over again. Then at start of Episode 3, the new villain from Ep 2 gets beheaded early in the movie.

I am really excited about this TFA movie, more so because I have no Idea what direction the story will go and can't wait to see the OT characters again. Let's hope it rocks.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I'd say I'm slightly more excited for TFA than I was for TPM. It's close though.

After experiencing all three prequels, I lost interest in them. Not my type of Star Wars movies.

Now with a new director and story out of George's hands, I'm excited again. Anything to erase the blemish of the prequels in my mind. (Not intended to be a prequels bash, this is just how I feel.)

Messi likes this.
  17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Were you more excited for the original prequels or sequels thread or the new prequels or sequels thread?

plaidphoenix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.