main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA We're back from Star Wars Weekends!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I hope you kids behaved while we were gone. We just arrived 30 minutes ago, and we're really tired. [face_tired] (Kevin/Rachel, I have your gifts). I'll be posting a full report soon with photos, but for now, let me say thanks to Lucasfilm and Southwest for the free flights, and to Disney, along with the Florida Garrison of the 501st and Ra Kura Base of Rebel Legion for the free park tickets!

=D=

P.S. Happy Birthday, Natalie! [face_love]

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    wb guys. What of the X-wing Mickey?

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Uh oh - Matt and Dale was that on your list for Ming? I got myself one and was handling requests from my Live Journal friends :(

4. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Thanks for the muppets Matt. I really appreciate it. Hope you guys had a great time in spite of the hot weather. Just let me know how much I owe you.

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    :confused:

Here are the pics I took:

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/SWW%20June%205-9%202008/?start=all

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/SWW%20June%205-9%202008%20Part%202/

Still waiting on others, including Kathy's (can't wait to see yours)!

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Here's my "Mission Report" of our trip:

OK, where do I start? Kathy, Dale and I arrived on Thursday, June 5, and since we were staying at the Disney World Resorts (the Movie-themed one), we got our own bus to take us there from the airport. I was a bit surprised to learn that we had to pay upon check-in, rather than check out, but that was not too important. We each got a room key with our names printed on them, which we had the option to use as a charge card during our stay, which was cool. But it also allowed us to stay 3 hours after closing for certain parks for certain days! While Kathy worked on her X-Wing costume, Dale and I decided to use the pool, which didn't close until midnight. After a dip, we went over to the poolside bar, where we met some guys from the Bloodfin Garrison, who were also marching that weekend. One of them met some of the GGG at the Rose Parade, and then bought us drinks - which turned Dale "Royal Guard Red"! [face_blush]

Friday, we went to Disney Studios to check out the Star Wars Weekend stuff. It was strange seeing Star Tours there and not in the Magic Kingdom. They had an Indiana Jones Stunt Show, but not the ride! The best part was volunteering as an extra in the stunt show (I haven't seen Dale's or Kathy's video yet). We tried to get our shopping out of the way by looking for Wicket's Warehouse, where all the SWW exclusives were sold. It was hard to find, as it was hidden in the backlot area, behind a fence. We stayed in the store for like two hours, trying to get everything people asked us to get them. Unfortunately, we were in there so long that we missed the Star Wars parade! :oops: We saw the rest of the park, and got to the hotel early enough to prep our costumes, expecially Kathy, who was still finishing hers.

On Saturday, we ate breakfast at the food court in our hotel, where food ranged from about $3-$9, 6:30 am - midnight. We waited for the shuttle at around 7:30 am to insure us to be at the changing tent at Hollywood Studios before 9 am. We quickly went to the shaded side of the tent to mark our spots, and to pick up our special SWW patches, as we weren't going to be suited up until around 10:30 am. Kathy had an emergency helmet scare, and her friend Audrey came by and saved the day by bringing some tools. After some quick "surgery", her helmet was ready to go. Whew! Having brought a whole suitcase full of water for the trip, I drank 2 bottles while we were waiting, as the temperature just got hotter and hotter (up to about 95 degrees at least). We got together to listen to the ops orders and to present Scott Will (501st Legion Merchandise Officer) a special autographed gold TK helmet for all his work for the Legion. Then we lined up our tubs and suitcases for the K-9 units to inspect them. After that, we proceeded to suit up. The X-Wing pilots all took a special group photo inside Star Tours. After another hour, we were ready to march, having been given our SWW badges and our positions and last minute instructions. We took some group photos and headed out.

The march itself was short, and I drank some Gatorade right before the gates opened and we were visible to the public. We said quick "hi's" to Jeremy Bulloch, Daniel Logan, and Warwick Davis, who were ready in there convertibles. There were so many people lined up, and the moment the music started, we were off. The march itself was short (about 10-15 minutes), but the heat was getting to a lot of people, even though we made it look otherwise. Afterwards, everyone suited down, congratulated each other, and traded their badges for two park tickets. I thought they were park-hopper tickets, but found out they were only good for one park each. Oh well, that saved us $150. Not bad for 15 minutes work.

After the march, we went back to the hotel to shower and take a nap. A couple of hours later, we took a shuttle which took us to the Rebel Legion dinner at another resort. It was an early dinner, and we contemplated going to the 501st one, which started a couple of h

7. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    The turbulence was not bad at all. I've heard stories of much worse. Hey, you know it wasn't bad if the all the kids in our section were laughing and cheering saying "Weeeee!" That was soooo funny. The adults are scared while the kids think they are on some Disneyland ride [face_laugh]

I probably can't start working on uploading photos and video until the weekend. Don't be surprised if it isn't finished until early next week. Remember, I have a house I'm responsible for cleaning and a husband wondering what's for dinner tonight ;)

8. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    lol I've only mentioned the X-wing Mickey statue a million times but whatever. I see how it is... meh...

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I don't think X-Wing Mickey is available anymore. He was only for last year's SWW. The new Mickey for this year was as Anakin (see pics).

:confused:

10. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh, I was thinking of the X-wing bobble head. That's what I got, and Matt probably knew you wanted a statue rather than bobble head. My goof!

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    mmmm... Already got the bobble head thanks to Rach. I'd pass on Anakin Mickey. Darn Disney World exclusives.... booo......

12. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I was excited to get the x-wing Mickey anyway to go with the Leia bobble head Rachel gave me at Christmas! And I thought it was fitting too because I was marching the parade as an X-wing pilot :)

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    One day... I shall finish my X-wing pilot uniform. Then 5 seconds... later it will be severely scrutinized by Kathy... lol ;)

14. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey, I'm not the RL costume judge. I really don't scrutinize anything but my own work, and if someone asks for advise then I'll chime in. The only reason I scrutinized something on Dale's costume was because I borrowed it for pattern making purposes. In return I upgraded a few of the parts for him. :)

15. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh gosh, I guess I should post a link to my photos!

http://imageevent.com/kay_dee/starwarsweekendsdisneyworld

This is Matt's video of the parade on Sunday (the parade we were not in)

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLXIHdOfnXg
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMGSQOY2wY0

And there are a bunch of Video clips of Matt hamming it up as an extra in the Indiana Jones stunt show. In "Part 3" as Matt is throwing punches or something I just lost it and started to crack up (had to edit out my laughing!)

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SFFANFORCE

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I know someone who will be at SWW this weekend and next. If anyone wants anything, let me know, and she can pick them up. You can Paypal her back and she can have the items sent directly to you from Disney.

The SWW exclusives:

http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/content/merchandise

Some other exclusive Disney items off the top of my head:

* Jedi Mickey backpack
    * Anakin Mickey PVC figure
    * Luke Mickey PVC figure
    * Minnie Amidala PVC figure
    * Minnie Leia PVC figure
    * Goofy Jar Jar PVC figure
    * Goofy Vader PVC figure
    * Donald Maul PVC figure
    * Stitch Emperor PVC figure
    * Stitch Yoda PVC figure
    * SWW shoulder bag
    * SWW "Judge me by my size, do you?" shirt
    * Mickey X-Wing bobble head
    * Minnie Leia bobble head
    * Pink women's Minnie Leia & Chewie shirt
    * Black Mr. Potato Head Vader "I am your father" shirt
    * Green Boba Fett shirt
    * Blue TIE Fighter shirt
    * Dark orange X-Wing shirt
    * Grey w/black Red Leader X-Wing helmet ringer shirt
    * White w/black TK-421 helmet shirt
    * Minnie Amidala statue
    * Mickey Anakin statue
    * Donald Maul statue
    * Goofy Jar Jar statue
    * Mr. Potato Head Luke, Leia, Maul, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett
    * Indiana Mickey PVC figure
    * Indiana Mickey plush
    * Indiana Jones figure

Some pins (see dates of release):

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/search/results?displayAll=yes&upcoming=true&sort=date&order=asc

You can probably see of these in the photo links Kathy and I previously posted.

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Matty, Dale, and Kay you'll love this if you didn't see this live:

So so so wrong...

hahahaha...

18. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah, we saw it live and I think Matt posted a video link to it in his big old report above. Might have been a different you tube recording, but the same dance off. We were just like 'oh my gosh, what would the 501st think of this! Maybe we take ourselves too seriously if Disney is allowed to do this!' It was pretty darn funny.

There was also a dance they taught the audience. My video isn't the greatest, but I think it would be fun to do this dumb dance at a convention. LOL! "Chewie Chill... Raise the roof!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MubYK2KFVbQ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.