main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    There's a plugin installed that collapses all the categories when the page loads. It's supposed to "remember" which categories you leave expanded though so that it loads that way next time. Unfortunately, we haven't figured out how to put favorite boards on the home page yet.

2. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Guess we'll have to track them down the hard way if we want to find them. Doubly sucks since the search function doesn't seem to go back either.

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Search is still trying to index all the old posts. It might not work fully for a day or two.

4. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Ahh. Understandable.

5. purrfect

purrfect Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2004
    It works purrfectly now. :) No more broken links in password reset emails.

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Either the search engine sucks or there are threads missing. Been trying to find threads over in Fan Fiction and searched every possible way I could and haven't been able to find them. Though I did notice the Search seems to stop at 2004, so maybe it is the engine, I dunno.

Are threads missing?

Edit: Nevermind. I should learn to read threads before I post. Lol. Saw my answer a couple posts up.

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, it's all the search function.

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Did notice that posted links do not work either. Is this the same issue the Search is having or?

9. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    [​IMG]

I just wanted to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on you.

10. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That's an issue with getting snowboard code to work, and a right ***** of an issue, I might add. Basically old links look like links but will redirect you to %s because of an error, and images don't work. Being worked on, but possibly expect a much longer time frame there.

11. Darth Somnambulous

Darth Somnambulous Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Choosing other formatting options (bold, italics, etc.) or inserting a smilie before beginning to type will reset all the drop-down menu options (Family, Size, Color) to reset to default. (URGENT PROBLEM :p)

12. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    ... People use those dropdowns? :eek:

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    At the very least, the link issue is near the top of my list. I'd like to have that working ASAP.

14. Darth Somnambulous

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, I was testing the different board options. For all I know, they could have behaved like this on the temp boards. :p

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    To be honest, I think it did. At some point I got so flustered with the menus that I just stopped using them altogether.

16. RedLord

RedLord Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 2000
    Hello

I'm Redlord from French FF.

First thank your work on the long time awaited move.

Is this the good place to note the small problems?

1) In the old subjects we have trouble with the accent

For instance in : http://boards.theforce.net/threads/présentation-des-membres.15245699/

ç é à è ù ô ê î û â ë ï ö ü ù are changed with é ç etc....

No problem in the new posts.

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    mirax80 the app is tapatalk. It costs a few dollars, but is totally worth it. It will take a few days before we get these boards on there, though.

18. Darth Somnambulous

Sep 2, 2012
    This is actually a problem for a number of characters.

For example, I doubt this fanfic originally had so many ???.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/ill-be-home-a-p-holiday-themed-thank-you-farewell-ah.25767762/

AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  19. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Old UBB code isn't parsing - eg image= and link=

20. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Only IGN Prime subscribers can set a custom username css value. Get Prime now!

lol

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    It's especially odd as more or less the same issue happened when threads were backed up with the old backup tool. I think it has something to do with IGN not storing special characters the same way basically everything else stores them.

22. cje24576

cje24576 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 21, 2010
    I'm having several issues: on the old boards, I had a bunch of watched topics on my alert list, but when I arrived at the new website, they aren't there! I could have sworn that they hadn't expired. What's the deal? Do I really have to find them all over again? I was also wondering what happened to my userpic & my text at the bottom of my post (e.g., "padawan to (so and so)")? Please help. Thanks.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Watched threads data, insofar as I can tell, did not transfer.

Unfortunately, yes.

24. cje24576

cje24576 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 21, 2010
    That stinks. What about my other issues (e.g., userpic, text at bottom of my post (e.g., "padawan to (so and so)"))? I was also wondering: on the old boards, the images at the top of the webpage used to change every so often & I really loved that. I was wondering if the new site was going to have that feature? Thanks.

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Ah, see, you added those after I replied. I'll go down the list.

Avatars have changed dramatically - you can upload your own, now. The gallery feature we demoed on the temp board was a bleeding mess, so I don't know what the precise solution will be - the old avatars tend to get stretched and look kind of bad on the new system anyway, though some people have been whipping up "HD" versions for other users if the source material is relatively easy to find. As for sigs, they didn't transfer, I'm afraid.

As for banners, that's being discussed in MS as we speak. I don't have an answer yet because there isn't one. :p