We're Back

Discussion in 'Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks everyone for being so patient with us while Jos and I took a few days off to just regroup, regather, and face the future. As everyone who knows us is aware of Disneyland is our "safe place" when things get rough. It was always extremely special for our Mom and Dad as well. Every excuse to get down there seemed to be the family motto! :)

When we lost Dad, Mom took me to Disneyland after the funeral to "celebrate his life, and his love of the park." Jos was unable to get the time off, so we gave her the tour by Cell Phone so she could be with us as much as possible. That was the last time Mom was able to go, and always wanted to go back, but her illness kept her from going that one last time. When we lost her, we decided to go back to Disneyland, but this time to celebrate both her and Dad's life. So, we went, and spent a lot of time both bawling our eyes out, and laughing hysterically at something that reminded us of them. We felt their presence as LOTS of strange and unusual things kept happening to let us know that they were right there with us the entire time. We also had lots and lots of spontanous hugs from CastMembers and Characters. We found out that the CM's had also lost a fellow CastMember this past week, to a hit and run driver. So we spent a lot of time talking and letting them express their grief. As you all know, Family is Family, and blood has absolutely nothing to do with it.[:D] It was an incredible time. And now, we feel that we are ready to forge ahead. So, we are back and ready to face life, actually to embrace life once again.

Jedi Knights, Smugglers, Princesses, Swashbuckling Pirates, Grey Wizards and maybe even a Chocolatier are in the future..(ok Definitely everything BUT the Chocolatier LOL...but will still keep working on that one![face_laugh]

It goes without saying that, sure, we will have our moments... but the good thing is that our friends/extended family is always there. Now that we have regrouped, let's reconnect. So, how about scheduling an outing? ;)

**CAPTAIN Jack stands up...looks around.. staggers/swishes over to the group.Sits down. Pours a round of ale for everyone.**

"Aye, Mates. So, I 'ave a proposition. Suppose a man with a proposition propositions the group for a plan? An the group with the plan proposes the proposition? What be yur response?" (In plain language...Any Suggestions? :D )

With the Greatest of Thanks For Being There When We Needed You The Most...
    All Our Love,

K & J

2. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  3. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [:D] Welcome back Kim and Jos!
    I'm glad to hear that you were able to take some time for yourselves.

*the Jedi,pilot,pirate stands with a swagger* y'see, there's this event called WonderCon..lots of drinking and debauchery to be had. But before that us Rogues are hoping to have a joint meeting with the scab'rous dogs of the SFFF. Any mates from Santa Cruz would be more than welcome to be sure. Savvy?

:D in plain english: nothing planned yet, just hoping to meet up for some final organizing before WonderCon.
  4. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    **leans forward, then back, mug in hand, downs Ale and slams mug on table!**

"Aye, Savvy! Bring me those star charts!"

Translation: Let us know the details and we'll be there for the meeting!

:D
  5. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    Grey wizards? Oh, no, no, no, NO, not me!

I'm not playing yet another old twisted guy, I might actually want to pretend to be someone that people don't spit at once and a while.

Don't make me bring out Koza now!
  6. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Koza! HOW many of them again? [face_whistling]
  7. GreyJediPathfinder Jedi Knight

star 1
    *a tall, handsome, blonde-haired gentleman walks in and stares at the pirate*

"And just where the blazes have you been hiding at? I've searched every cantina from here to the Outer Rim looking for you!"
  8. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    There are sieeex and they are theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog!

Insolent Pouchling! Don't make me get my "Spot Remover!" *hovers his finger over the switch calling for planetary bombardment using mass drivers*
  9. mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA

star 4
    Yarrrr..... me be glad that you are safe and sound... Savy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.