We're back!!!

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by Quinlan_Vos_1, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hello Rogues!

Well it was a great time down in SD. We tried to leave at 3am on W but we didn't leave till 7ish. Arrived in SD about 4ish. Went straight to CC to check in & get our badges then off to the hotel.
    Preview night was really cool. The panels for this day were already packed by the time we were there so we walk'd the 7-block long exhibit floor. Pick'd up most of Earl's swag that day since it seemed the easiest. It went 6pm till 9pm. After that we meet up with the RL & 501st at a greek cafe next to the con. Temp was 75*

Thursday the 1st day, I went in costume for most of the day. Stood in our volunteer corner for about 45min. then went up to the lady & asked what was up & she said they had called our group a while ago but since it was their 1st time using PC's, she decided that it would be OK for us to just go and enjoy the con..... and that we did. Since the upstairs was closed during preview night(or we just didn't know it was open), we went to see who was up there. That was the autograph area where we ran into some lady that's gonna be a new voice in season 2, Adrienne Wilkinson who was Mariss Brood in The Force Unleashed, Catherine Taber who's Padme in CW & Leia in TFU. Felicia Day was at the Guild table but the lines were just to long. GWAR was there too. A bunch of good costumes this day. The Mattel section had a walk-through Castle Greyskull opening. The Hasbro quad was a drooling point for me. All the new toys, retailer exclusives, new fan's choice poll, vehicles, & contest (almost had to change my shorts if you know what I mean)... sending pics in soon, whom ever's environ they choose will be used in the next celebration or big Con. Had lunch at lil place of off 5th & Market. Then continued work'n our way through the floor. There was soooooooooooo much to see.

Friday: Star Wars Day, started w/ Fan Club breakfast. We were served eggs w/ sausage & hash browns and a half tomato w/cheese melted on top 'n OJ or coffee. We each got a lil Hallmark SW bag w/ a breakfast pass, EP1 pre-screening ticket, a CW Obi-wan card, T-shirt, green kiddy Yoda ring, & a smiling Luke SDCC exclusive fig. James Arnold Taylor the voice of Obi-wan & others in the CW was there for free autographs. Mary Franklin was the hostess with the mostess & talk'd about what was going on in the Galaxy. Then she pass'd the mic to Dave Filoni to talk about the CW. We were getting our stuffed signed by this point so I wasn't paying to much attention. I was getting some joy at the fact that JAT didn't know Hasbro had made a figure of 4-A7(the droid in Monastery in CW) & was the 1st one he had seen or signed, same with the Plo Koon fig.
    After breakfast was the RL photo shoot & that a mission to get to since it was behind the Con Center. Either had to walk all around one side or another or climb steps up & down. Our V duties started shortly thereafter. We did our time then off to secure some more autographs. Matthew Wood signed his 1st Commando Droid(for free! He's so awesome- he actually remembered us), Tom Kane signed the Target pillow plush a new carded Yoda & his 1st Admiral Yularen fig. Matt Lanter(Ani) & Ashley Eckstien(Ahsoka - she called me skyguy when we walked up to her) signed the cover to the Clone Wars DVD sleeve which was also signed by Dave Filoni(Director)& James Arnold Taylor who also signed the mail-away Rex, Cody & Echo. Henry Gilroy signed every issue of the Clone Wars comics & Dave Filoni signed the issues he drew to covers to. Saw the lead singer of Anthrax(Thayne posed for a quick pic).Ran into Pat & Dillon w/ friend. Talk'd to TJ throu his buddies cell phone but we never saw each other.Angie & Peter Mayhew were there also & Kimmie had a chance to talk w/ her about pets which made her really happy & Peter signed the DVD cover sleeve to ROTS. Got to meet Katie Cook & she drew a card for Kimmie of a Bantha & Wampa fighting (Thank You!!! Katie) & Tom Hodges was just a table away. Greg Bear was supposed to be there but, I never found him so Rogue Planet will have to wait to be signed. Tried to make the G4 special b
  2. DarthZemog Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW! First off Congrats Myke and Kimmie! That is so cool! :)

Second, sounds like you guys had a fun and full trip to comic con! I can't wait to see the pics! So envious! ;) Next year, next year.

~DZ
  3. JediDarkNight Jedi Master

star 3
    Congrats Myke and Kimmie! Right on!

--JediDarkNight
  4. Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Pics coming soon. takes a bit to load over 900 pics into photobucket.

Thanks!!!!!
  5. Leia1138 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Congratulations Myke and Kimmie. You really had a busy, fun-filled Comic Con!
  6. TKJoker Jedi Knight

7. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Gratz!

You know... it took those friends of mine to explain just who it was who called me, too... I didn't know it was you until a day or two later. Couldn't tell who I was talking to thanks to con floor noise.

"It was that Jedi friend of yours... you know... the one who we don't know who he's trying to be"

"The one with the face paint?"

"uh... yeah."

-TJ
  8. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Awwww...how wonderful! [face_love] I'm so happy for you guys. Congrats.
  9. RUSSELLSTANSBERY2 Jedi Knight

star 2
    [face_peace] =D= awesome, congratulations you guys
  10. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  11. Bith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    Congratulations guys!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.