PT Were Chewbacca and Tarfful underused in ROTS?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Team Padme, Jan 21, 2013.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. thesevegetables Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    WookieEs?
  2. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    Maybe Ewoks are the Wookiee equivalent of hobbits. ;)
    thesevegetables likes this.
  3. OldSchoolFan Jedi Master

star 1
    I loved seeing Chewie in ROTS, going to show he was a well regarded warrior on Kashyyyk, present at the start of Order 66 and long before he hooked up with Han but I would have preferred a longer battle sequence, showing the wookiees as a fomidable race of wild and hardened warriors that they've always been portrayed as and not just another excuse to use the old cliched Tarzan howl (although I do love the little scene of Yoda getting shot at and jumping out the way).
  4. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    So much for making some Oakenshield jokes then.;)

:p
  5. FRAGWAGON Force Ghost

star 4
    I wanted more Kashyyyk generally and King Tarfful in particular.
  6. Wookiee_Vader Force Ghost

star 1
    I wish Chewbacca wasn't in RotS. It just seems really contrived, and also creates some continuity headaches. Chewie expresses no knowledge of the Jedi or Yoda in the OT, you'd think he'd have something to say to Luke or Obi-Wan about it.
    Star Wars age 9 and GGrievous like this.
  7. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    Maybe in the ESB special deluxe edition, Luke will tell Han and Chewie about his vision of Obi-Wan. :p
    Star Wars age 9 likes this.
  8. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I didn't undertand any history about Kashyyyk from just watching the ROTS movie. I didn't know why there was Separatist involvement or anything of the like. I feel like it was just used as a gateway to get Yoda out of the way when GL needed to make Anakin fall to the darkside.

I don't even know Tarfful's purpose.
  9. Jcuk Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    There was absolutely no need for Chewie to be in Sith. It was a shoe horn.
  10. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    They should have definitely spend at least 1-2 minutes of establishing the battle. I feel the same way about the Battle of Geonosis. After TPM's Battle of Naboo, I feel all other major battles in the PT were merely backdrop to following our protagonists through. That's fine and logical decision, but a bit of off the side eye candy to establish the action would have only benefitted the battles. They certainly had some great animatics shots planned for all of them.
  11. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    Yes, they were underused since they were included in the film.

But I think that they were pretty unnecessary on the whole because it seemed a little far-fetched to have Chewie knowing Yoda and not saying a thing about it.
  12. darth ladnar Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I think Chewie was under-used, and I see a place where he easily could've played a bigger role. When the two clonetroopers take on Yoda, there could've been many more as well, and Chewie and Tarfull could've killed a few of them in Yoda's defense. In fact, with CGI-technology they could've really shown Chewie's bad ass strength as he tossed around CGI-clone troopers!
    Team Padme likes this.
  13. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    That would have made that scene 10x better.

But I think the mood of the film at that point wouldn't have allowed for it. :(
  14. Star Wars age 9 Jedi Padawan

star 1
    I think it was underused - even though the Chewie/continuity thing was silly - as was the Tarzan yell.
    And yes, many of us had expected this since 1977/78 when we read all about the Wookies overthrowing the Empire etc.
  15. Placeholder Force Ghost

star 4
    Chewie should not have been in it at all. It was just a forced cameo.
  16. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Chewie was unnecessary for ROTS.
    Captain Tom Coughlin likes this.
  17. SlashMan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Chewie wasn't too notable at the time of ROTS. Simply seeing his character was enough to set a backdrop for the character before his formal introduction in the OT. I wouldn't have a problem with Tarfful, since he seemed to have a higher status and thus would be more important to the battle.
  18. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    Now that would have been AMAZING to see.
Moderators: Bazinga'd