main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series We're Flying!!! Best Season 5 Episode Poll

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 5, 2013.

?

Best Season 5 Episode?

1. "Tipping Points"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. "The Gathering"

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. "Bound for Rescue"

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. "A Necessary Bond"

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  5. "Revival"

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. "Eminence"

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  7. "The Lawless"

34 vote(s)
    43.6%
  8. "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much"

8 vote(s)
    10.3%
  9. "The Wrong Jedi"

28 vote(s)
    35.9%
  10. Other

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    As much as I adore the finale episode with all the Barriss awesomeness!

And even if Sunny Day in the Void and Tipping Points and A Necessary Bond are my other most fave episodes of this season, I will give it to the The Jedi Who Knew Too Much...

This episode had everything I wanted in a TCW episode since Season 2.
    It had amazing dialogue and it felt so natural - the Barriss and Ahsoka walk and talk is some of my favorite character interactions in this season or the last one, it had awesome action and suspence - that chase scene and the visuals that were put into it... just stunning, it had some of the best music for a TCW episode since Season 2 - the chase music was so great to listen to AND.... AND... it has something I wanted and asked for and even suggested to appear - cameos in a Republic Prison of my favorite Separatist Leaders Wat Tambor and Poggle the Lesser and General Loathsom... THAT alone raised the episode for me so much above the fan favorite "The Lawless"...

The Jedi Who Knew Too Much... "The Clone Wars" PERFECTION!

PS: But I know the reasons from where the other fans are coming off to vote for the Sidious episode.

2. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    'The Lawless' was great and all, but unfortunately, I think it was marred a bit by the fact that they tried to cram it full with so much good stuff so it came off as rushed and with some pacing issues; the arc definitely needed one extra episode.

3. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    So much hype. I think Season 6 will be a huge disapointement.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Naaa, Embo's got one of the lead roles in an arc! It can't possibly be disappointing, lol.

5. DARTH_small_paw

DARTH_small_paw Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    "Missing in Action". This episode had that great Tatooine-esque backwater spaceport feel that was reminiscent of Episode IV. Also there was the classic Kenner cameo. Gregor was the best clone action we've seen IMO. The point-of-view shots of the laser bolts coming out of his blaster were awesome and the way he took out the droids with those canisters was bad a$$.

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  6. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    Borgus still misses him.

7. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Unfortunate that this has to be pointed out but:
    [​IMG]
    Perhaps...until you come to the dawning realization that Valairy Scot's opinion is wrong.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL at the idea that there is a "correct" opinion to have on a TV show.

I'm definitely seeing the sort of thing that makes LACWAC nuts in the off season though.

QuangoFett likes this.
  9. BW2

BW2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 26, 2013
    the wrong jedi was=

A copy pasted hitchcock story, ILM Animation, John Williams score reused, and some weird Filoni decisions (Making bariss a bomber to let ahsoka shine more)

It was just odd. I cried but not because of this lame story, i cried because of the possibilities what i can make of this by my own.

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Only in your mind, my young padawan. You have much to learn.

11. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    After you have watched the Ahsoka arc several times, you will come to a different perspective.

12. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
  13. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    It is unavoidable.
    It is your destiny.

14. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Most defiantly Shades of Reason.

15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Easily the lawless. The plot works.

Obi-Wan's entry with the ship is both comedic and brilliant. His rescue and capture work nicely. His stoic resolve even when facing Satine's imminent and eventual death are excellent parallels to Anakin's more emotional nature. Maul was suitably sinister. Palpatine fit the plot perfectly. Maul had become, as he put it, a rival and had to be put down. And so he did so. And Ian Abercrombie ended his run on an absolutely perfect note. I only wish they had kept the original line even if it didn't quite fit. The last word should have gone to him. The only other downside was the contrived Bo Katan is Satine's never talked about until now sister. It's not that the revelation was bad. It was how they did it that annoyed me.

Still, that pales in comparison to the logical missteps in the Wrong Jedi and the arc in general. The plot doesn't quite pull together in 22 minutes. The arc itself is good. But I think Lawless works even better because it feels like the epic Star Wars film that we know and love. It just felt like it could have been a live action film.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  16. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    So tough to pick, but an episode that so emotionally affects me over an entire weekend has to be selected: The Wrong Jedi. It affected me like seeing Luke get his hand cut off, Luke discovering that Vader was his Father, and watching Han Solo being lowered into the carbonite freezing chamber.
    It barely edges out The Lawless and The Jedi Who Knew Too Much by only the thinnest of margins.

17. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Assuming the one "Other" vote is by Team Padme for Shades of Reason, then the Mauldalore arc and Ahsoka arc are tied with 30 each, as of the initial posting.

They will probably remain evenly matched up to the end.

18. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    No D-squad episode on the poll? Excellent... [face_devil]

My vote was a tough decision between "The Lawless" and "The Wrong Jedi". Ultimately, I've decided to go with the finale ep, marking Lawless down for way too fast pacing that undersold some of the potential the episode contained, by skipping over it's events way too fast.

This episode truly had a feeling of change, unlike any episode in the series before, and it was delivered in a very emotional manner. Although I have minor problems with how the Jedi Council acted (I actually think that following the Senate made sense in this case), the episode set a very ominous tone, as it was made more and more obvious throughout the episode that Ahsoka had very little chance of winning this trial. Expelling Ahsoka from the Jedi Order and Anakin's reaction is a very powerful moment for the series, and one that will surely come to mind when I think of The Clone Wars.

Barriss Offee. Though they didn't give her enough development to make this turn make any sense (whatsoever), it still turned out much better than I had feared. Firstly, they didn't really treat her as a big reveal. It was obvious to Anakin the moment he talked to Asajj. I've got to say the move of striking at Barriss with his lightsaber, knowing (or at least hoping) she'd use Asajj's lightsabers to defend herself was a very Anakin move. I don't see many other Jedi risking that.

Anakin's rage has been shown at it's best in this arc. Each time it reared it's head, it made sense for Anakin to be angry, and he didn't overdo it, he controlled himself so as not to endanger Ahsoka or even himself. The outburst in the Chamber of Judgement (Oooooh!), his unbridled fury with Ventress, and subsequently choking her, and then the strength he used in his duel with Barriss. All of it worked, while still making Anakin a likable protagonist. I'm a fan of Episodes II and III, but they could've learned a lesson from this arc.

Back to Barriss, I think they really should have just used an original Jedi character. No casual fan is going to remember Barriss clearly, so it's only annoying the EU fans. Fortunately, the only things invalidated were Reversal of Fortune and that panel in the ROTS comic. The MedStar duology was what I was worried about losing, but I'm still not turning a blind eye to these other EU tramplings, even if I personally don't mind. If I turn my blind eye to this when I don't mind, others will when they trample things that I personally love.

That said, Barriss' motivations sort of work, if she had received more development, it really would have. Her deciding that to end the corruption of the Jedi, they just have to be taken down is an interesting one. She doesn't go full Sith (I'll ignore that red lightsabers comment as silly duel banter).

The Anakin/Barriss duel was one of the best we've seen, set in a very iconic setting. The duel was violently paced, as both participants really wailed on each other. The Temple Guards showing up with double-bladed yellow lightsabers was nice, as the duel then moved onto the Temple exterior - and into the path of the Jedi younglings we'd seen earlier in the season! Nice way to tie some of the earlier stuff back in at the end. Anakin's choke/push move on Barriss to prevent the duel endangering the younglings was, again, very Anakin, yet controlled, and again, still made Anakin a likable protagonist.

Padme! Yes, she decided to show up this season after Clovis was pushed out. I guess it made sense for her to be Ahsoka's defence? It didn't seem like this was the usual proceedings of a military trial. Palpatine had gone to great lengths to make this incredibly public and bringing it directly to the Senate's attention. He wants the Jedi's reputation smeared.

Tim Curry! However much I like the man, his accent is too strong for Palpatine IMO. Hopefully he gets more comfortable in the role, because it would be a shame for Palpatine's scenes to be ruined slightly by his VA. It's tough, I guess, because Abercrombie just sounded spot on.

While we've had lots of intriguing side plots (Maul and the Mandalorians being the most prevalent), this show has really been about the Big Three (Anakin, Ahsoka, Obi-Wan) and their relationships. This episode finally dealt with the result of this, and seeing it actually happen was tough. Again, some people have bashed the Council's actions here, but I think it made sense. That's how the Jedi do things (the prequel Jedi anyway). But it did make sense that Ahsoka would want out. She wants to be trusted, not dropped into the will of the Force.

And yes, that final conversation between Anakin and his padawan was terrific! Ahsoka pretty much revealing she was aware of Anakin and Padme's relationship, and that she was aware Anakin thought of leaving the order for her (something he planned to do by ROTS, given how close we must be, I guess we're already at that plan). Ahsoka's tears were subtle (some posters didn't even notice on their first viewing) and the fade-to-black left you with the potential ramifications of the episode.

Will the next season involve Ahsoka? I think so, but so many more possibilities can be explored as a result of this episode.

Props go to the animation team - the facial expressions were quasi-realistic here! I could literally see Hayden in Anakin's face. Props go to Kevin Kiner, who I felt delivered a fantastic episode score here. Gimme that soundtrack!

10/10 (my fifth in the series).

19. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    The Jedi Who Knew Too Much. The first betrayal with the terrorists' murder, the realization that Ahsoka is clearly being set up both in her imprisonment AND in her escape...the super dramatic scene where she's running from all the droids in the rain is incredibly well-done...then her and Anakin's final chat in the Fugitive-esque scene in the sewer pipe. Great, great stuff.

War on Two Fronts is also excellent if only for some great Hondo scenes and Obi Wan taking out the Maul brothers by himself.

Wrong Jedi still gets major points for the ending and the Anakin/Barriss fight. Such great stuff. Lawless was alright but gets uber-points for Sidious finally having some action scenes as he schools the Maul bros.

In the end, we tend to forget that it's the action scenes that are really a high point on the show. Stop worrying about the plot so much and enjoy the action...that's what Star Wars is all about.

rumblewagon likes this.
  20. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Sorry for the bump, but when do this best episode tournament move on to the next round?

21. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I loved the last seven episodes of Season 5 ALOT! But I had to go with Lawless....it deserves its popularity!

22. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    It always seems the first episodes of a season aren't that great (not for all, the Malevolence arc was pretty good) but the ending ones and really good.

23. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    I think its time for the big-kahoona. lets conclude this thing, the results should be quite interesting

24. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

WINNER-The Lawless

[​IMG]

RUNNER-UP-The Wrong Jedi

CaptainRex115 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.