main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ We're getting Episode 2 on May 16!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Nov 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
  2. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    yippie

where do i book the tickets

3. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I wonder if we're going to have any hard-core American fans flying over here to watch it one day early. Don't you just love living on this side of the dateline?

4. Indy2

Indy2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Its good to be the first on the dateline....

5. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    You know with this and the LotR premiere, I just might have to move over there. ;)

6. farmboynz

farmboynz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2001
    Just wanted to say yippie again

finally beating the aussies at something and the yanks too

think i may have to take the day off work and the day before to watch TPM,ANH,ESB,ROTJ before i see it

7. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    "Yippie!"

Now I'll have to figure out how I can line up for tickets without getting in trouble over missing school. I'll *have* to go to that midnight screening. Maybe I can convince my Film and TV teacher that I can make a lining-up documentary :D

8. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    The great thing about New Zealand is that you don't need to line up to get tickets.

TPM came out on Thursday, and I saw it on the Friday afternoon. I went to the movie theatre, ten minutes before it started, no line, got tickets, went into theatre. No problem :D

9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    For Ep1 I read that tickets for midnight were going on sale, so after work I went to the local multiplex, no queue, and bought 6 tickets for me & my friends.

Then the next day I found out I had would be in Sydney for work during that screening. It didn't open in Sydney til a week later I think.

But luckily I got tickets for the preview at Mid-City 3 or 4 days prior to me going to Aussie! :D

My poor wife had to go to the preview AND the midnight opening night...

10. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    was that the preview the news did an item on? I remember watching it and thinking 'hey, who did they kill to get tickets!'.

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  12. Darth Sebious

Apr 21, 2000
    The great thing about New Zealand is that you don't need to line up to get tickets.

The Episode I midnight screening at Hoyts 8 in Christchurch sold out the morning tickets went on sale, I believe. I think you had to line up to get them. Hopefully that'll be different for Episode II.

13. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Umm... how can I put this? "Yipee!"

Sweet, all I have to do now is get some kids who want to line up outside the Embassy for 4 months to get me tickets.
    I'm sure peanuts will be a good enough insentive.

14. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    ::gives everyone in the room a hug::

For once it doesn't suck to be a Star Wars fan living in New Zealand!

15. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    YIPPEE!!! :D

16. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    well, aint that swell.

I remember going to Hoyts the day Ep1 tickets went on sale, no one in the line.
    I thought 'they must have sold out' but I picked up the last 4 to the premiere.
    hopefully I can pull it off again...save me camping out.

LOTR tickets go on sale thursday!

17. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    LOTR = YIPPIE!!!!!!!!

EpII = YIPPIE!!!!!!!!

//breathe//

this..... is.. all..... too........... much!

18. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    um, how the hell did this happen?

19. Darth Sebious

Apr 21, 2000
    I'm going to try and get midnight tickets for LOTR. They go on sale at 7:30am, and I can get in there at 6:40am. Hopefully there isn't too much of a line [face_plain]

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    lol a line?

on the news it showed 3 guys (in auckland) receiving pizza hut while under blankets.

hmmmmmm unless everyone arrives from now until 6:40am (when you arrive) i dont think you'll be waiting long for your tickets.

id love to go to the 'one minute past midnight' screening... ON MY BIRTHDAY, but some how i dont see that happening.

21. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    got my tickets this morning, got there at 7.30 and got tickets in row K, so I assumed 1/2 the tickets were gone already. One of the guys in front of us (they'll be on One news, in the ute with the couches) bought 30 tickets.

Yippee!!!! cant wait!

22. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    :eek: 30 tickets?!

the news said that instead of having the boss shout drinks at a pub they are buying tickets to LOTR for the offices! hehe

23. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Well, those wanting tickets for the midnight showing are probably out of luck already - the noon News on TV1 said that Hoyts have just about sold out of tickets.

24. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    >> the noon News on TV1 said that Hoyts have just about sold out of tickets.

A press release saying "Nearly out of tickets" is a ploy (normally used for concert tickets) to make it seem like something is more popular than it actually is, causing a rush to secure the "last tickets".

While I have no doubt it will sell out soon enough, I find this all pretty amusing. If you want tickets to a midnight screening, you will get them if you get onto it today, I guarantee.

It's only for the main Queen St theatre (in Auckland anyway), all the suburban Hoyts theatres (who may also hold their own Midnight screenings) haven't been given the go-ahead to start selling LOTR tickets (as of yesterday).

25. Kitt327

Dec 23, 2000
    I don't know how people can watch a movie at midnight. Even if it was the best, most exiting, most wonderful movie ever, I would still fall asleep. I don't drink caffeine, that's my problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.