main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ We're getting Episode 2 on May 16!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Nov 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    //waves hand like Jedi

Caffeine is good.

2. Darth Sebious

Darth Sebious Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 21, 2000
    Oops, meant 7:40am. And I had to be gone by 7:50am so that's the main reason I was hoping there wouldn't be much of a line. Anyway, got there earlier (and I think I might have been on One News, too :) ).

I didn't think too much of the organization, though. At about 7:05am they let everyone in, but they opened the door away from the guys who had been there all night, meaning those who had been there for a couple of minutes got in first. But then they sent everyone out again and it worked better later on. Hopefully Episode II's line will work out :)

3. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    Buzz, have you scoped out Dunedin? I am leaving it a little late i think, but i shall go tomorrow to rialto and hoyts

4. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    According to last night's TV1 News, Hoyts are going to be putting on more midnight showings of LotR.

Could be just a publicity stunt of course, and there were never really out of tickets.

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Regarding AOTC...

Normally I would want to see the film on opening DAY, (as I planned for TPM). I've never been one to see a midnight screening, haven't really seen the point of staying up til 2am to watch a movie.

However, seeing as NZ is the first in the world to hold public screenings, it would be pretty cool to do the midninght screening, if only for the reason of coming back home to the Episode II forum on this board and gloat! :p

heh heh

6. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    hey I never thought of that. What would be even cooler would be if there's some plot twist which none of the spoilerees saw coming, so you can say: "Wow! The End!! You guys are going to be sooo surprised!!!"

Wouldn't that just drive eveyone nuts! heh heh

7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    That would be great - you'd need to give MAJOR hints, or just tell them the unforseen plot twist outright on the Spoilers forum.

Unfortunately there will be a number of previews before opening day across the globe, and every plot point of the film will be on the spoilers board days in advance of the midnight screenings.

NOW, I just have to get into that advance screening like I managed for TPM, and hope NZ's advance screening is the first in the world, just like the public release! :p

8. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    I got 3 tickets at Rialto, in dunedin for LOTR........they have a huge screen there too, so it should be great....1201am december 20th

9. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    MY BIRTHDAY OF ALL DAYS!

to bring LOTR out on such a day must be a good 'omen' (i tihnk thats the right word! :p)

HEHE

10. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    you must be the chosen one.

11. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    oooooh Shucks [face_blush] [face_mischief]

12. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
  13. Lil_Lisa

Lil_Lisa Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    first in the world advance screenings here? Is that actually possible?

14. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I doubt we'll be seeing the world premiere of Episode II here - but we will be the first mere mortals in the world to see it (IF you want to see it in a half-dozy state at 12:01am!!)

Even if you wait and go to the morning show at a decent time, you'll still beat most Americans. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.