main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA We're in Bantha Tracks!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
  2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Awesome! LAFF shirt! I don't see you though VK! I'm the float decorators are getting the exposure they deserve. I know a lot of time and effort was spent decorating.

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I've actually had several of my students tell me they saw me on HGTV. I guess they did something about the floats. Did anybody see it? I don't think I even get that channel. I wonder if they were just covering the SW floats or several different ones?

4. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Oh, heck no! :). I'm in a few pictures (including one with Steve Sansweet), but I didn't send those in LOL. I just wanted to promote our logo shirt!

5. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I miss Clarissa, our Float Captain.... :(

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    All Hail Helen, the new Queen of Naboo!

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/My%20Inland%20Empire%20Fan%20Force%20Scrapbook/Working%20on%20Rose%20Parade%20Floats/12-31-06/IMG_1635.jpg]

It's good to be queen!

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/My%20Inland%20Empire%20Fan%20Force%20Scrapbook/2006-09-16%20Yard%20House%20with%20LAFF/IMG_0956.jpg]

7. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm there too, but no one will ever know it's me. :(

I agree with JR, I'm glad the float decorators are getting the attention they deserve. As someone who has decorated a Rose Parade float in the past (Sony's Stuart Little) I know it's a lot of hard work as well.

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    You know, I never got to see the Endor float, and the only part of the Naboo float I saw was the left rear, where I was walking. I regret not being able to see the floats. I was really impressed with the Naboo float though, as I walked around it to take my position.

Those are really cool pics of VK on the float!

9. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    As much as I loved all the hard work I put into those trees and as much as I loved Charlie... I liked the Naboo float SO much more. [face_love]

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Ha ha, I was moving those orchids when that picture was taken. They had been placed way on the top and the float captains didn't like it, so I was moving them to the level of the door (and that is a door behind me).

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The floats were so different, it's hard for me to say which I liked best. The Naboo float was beautiful, but Endor was so green and fun... and thorny! How many of us left some of our DNA on Endor due to those dang thorny vines?

12. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I didn't know that it was dangerous. No one has said anything about getting hurt yet.

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    If you worked in the trees of Endor, you got cut up some. Not gaping wounds, just scratches from the thorns. Not complaining, though! I'd do it again in less than a heartbeat!

How safe was Naboo? From the looks of it, I'd guess that having major globs of glue all over you were one of the hazards of working on that one.

14. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    The most hazardous area of any float was inside the ewok cave on Endor. I have black paint/glue on everything i was wearing that day.

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I have a picture to prove it, too!

16. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    It sounds like it was a lot of fun. I wish I had helped but the holidays are just too busy. I do love the picture of Queen Helen though. God save the Queen! Long may she reign...

17. Arminca

Arminca Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Cheers to that! May she live long and prosper!

18. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Wish I've gone, but with the holidays it gets so busy. I stayed up partying on New Years Eve (regrets it). However, I saw the floats on tv, but it doesn't compare seeing it live. Arggh!!!!! Somebody shoot me. :_|

19. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I second that J_J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.