main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We're in the Journal!

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Check it out here.

I guess we're official!

2. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Swizeet!

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Who submitted the article?

4. mirrax

mirrax Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Good job marajoan in getting ahold of Gemma!!
    Maybe this will rope in some more local fans.

5. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Holy cow. That's amazing. I had to giggle with delight when I read that. And I NEVER giggle. Congrats everybody! WE ROCK!

6. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Wow! That's pretty cool. I also looked at the Journal/Sentinel page about MSOE and realize that my ex (still a friend) is in one of the pictures and commented in the article as well. I've been trying to see what he can do (if anything) when we arrive--so far, heard nothing though.

7. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Wow! It's getting big! I wonder how many will respond to this article, and do they know they still have to pay to get into the museum?

8. Bujo

Bujo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Free publicity. Can't get much better than that. I gotta find that article and retain it (not too early to start thinking about a secretary/president/etc. [or whatever] of sorts for this division of the FanForce).

9. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    Actually, Mirrax contacted Gemma and give her my name as a reference. Gemma contacted me and asked about goals and such. I am glad it got written up. WE ARE REALLY COOKING NOW!!!
    That is why I want to discuss a few things with all of you on Saturday. So be there or be ..........."sith?". Whatever.

10. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    It is actually on the "front page" of the Journal's web site - not hidden back behind "gopher obituaries" or something.

Very cool.

11. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Is this in the actual paper or just online?

12. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    I assume it is in the actual newspaper as well. The website has just about everything the print version does - except comics. Can anyone verify this? I always read it online.

13. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    Great article!! Maybe even more people will come after seeing this!!

14. mirrax

Apr 2, 2002
    It's in the actual paper - Encore section (back page) of the Waukesha section out here (Metro section in Milwaukee I would assume).

15. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    The article is very nice, but I'm worried. This meeting is hardly official--it's not as if we have a conference room set aside at the museum. I have this feeling people are going to start showing up, and if we've left already for a restaurant or something, the museum people won't know what to do.

Any thoughts? I don't want to cause any problems...

Maybe whoever shows up first should let the visitors booth persons know that we are meeting other people here, in case anyone asks. I say do it that way, so the museum can't protest, since we're already coming, but so they're aware. We should also let them know when we are leaving the museum, too, in case anyone shows after us...

Just some thoughts... I mean, when it was just a few people it was more than manageable--like a family meeting there on a trip or something; but with the article in the paper, it may become unmanageable...

Hope I didn't put a wrench in the works...

BTW--How do we know who we are looking for? If you look for me, I will have my hair (brown) in a gigantic bun with Chinese sticks.
    Just another meeting point to throw out there...

16. mirrax

Apr 2, 2002
    Well, hopefully we'll recognize a few people from Daniel's website, and I know marajoan and jedisister. Maybe we should hold up some kind of star wars sign :) But you're right about finding people, we'll just have to ask around maybe. And I definitely think we need to let the museum know about us.

17. cruznseal2

cruznseal2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 19, 2001
    so who wants to dress up like a jedi so we can all rally to them...

EDIT: Don't every one jump up at once.

18. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    We usually just look for the people carrying the SW backpack, book or toys and wearing a SW shirt or hat. :)

19. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    I'll be wearing a SW hat and Tshirt. Also, If there is a group assembling in one area which will be at a specific time and stay in that local for say, 1/2 hr. to 45 mins, should give people enough time to come, I think we'll be pretty noticable. Not to mention, anyone who is listening, will most likely hear some of the following words: Star Wars, fanforce, Milwookie, AOTC, ect. At least, I assume these will be somethings that will be talked about as we get to know each other!;)Well, that's what I think, anyway.See ya Sat.!!

20. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I (Mr Wampa) will probably be wearing a hockey jersey or some sort of pop culture shirt from a cartoon I watched as a kid. All of my Star Wars shirts are moth eaten. And if you see a car with the Star Wars buddy Wampa on the dash, that's us.

As for the article (good job getting that in there by the way, impressive... most impressive) I doubt it will draw in hordes of people and even if it does, I think the article listed a time, and if not, it listed this website.

21. que4zone

que4zone Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Wow!! That's awesome.. If it's in the paper, can someone get me a copy... I'd like a memento.... Thanks to Marajoan and Mirrax!!..

22. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    I bought the paper w/the article in it. If you don't mind a photocopy of the newspaper, I can provide a few for those interested. I'll bring a handful along tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.