Abq We're Moving!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Helps if I put the message body, eh?

Anyway, this was posted in the CR forum, by Heather (DarthJurist):

For those that haven't seen the news yet, the JC/FF will be moving to a new message board system in the near future.

The short answser to the Why? question is that IGN is charging too much to run them.

For more information, please see the following threads in the JC Comms forum.

[FAQ] We're moving

[Internet] We're moving

Feel free to continue disussion here or in the threads linked above. Any reqests for features posted here will be forwarded to the necessary people.

I'll continue to re-post important notices here to make sure everyone is in the loop.
  2. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    will the URL stay the same?
  3. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    I do believe so. They are just going to use a different system. I started reading through the thread, but not all the way. I suppose I should do *some* work being here at work...

I remember seeing something about offtopicthreads.com or something like that as one of the systems they're thinking about using...

But if Wise gets his way, then everything should transfer over, including domain, url. Maybe a few changes, depending on the programming of those boards...
  4. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
  5. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Probably.

Though the question of "Can I use my own icons" came up and the answer was "probably not" because of the control The Powers That Be wish to have over us.

Not really. It's because of the control they want to have over us. Wait, I just said that. It's to maintain the clean atmosphere, family friendly environment. They don't want to have to police people's icons, and I don't blame 'em for it...
  6. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay! same Icons! I agree that they need to stay kid-friendly and as spoiler free as possible. and some icons on other boards are animated and take a long time to load.
  7. Imperial_Birrer Jedi Master

star 4
    My big question is wll the new system be as user friendly and easy as the ign system?
  8. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    We're looking at and testing some pretty nice boards.

Generally all the spiffy new features will be for CRs RSAs and GSAs, plus those other admins.

And we are hoping the new boards are going to be even better than these :D
  9. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Is there an updated timeline for the transition?
  10. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    No... I'm thinking mid march? We're planning on getting it done before CIII.
  11. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.