main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON We're moving!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Cow_Girl, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    And by "We" I mean the YJN Board, as well as other FF boards....and basically the rest of the boards as well ;)

This is for the benefit of those that may not have heard this through other sources, so I thought I would give you all a quick heads up.

Basically, What has happened is that IGN is now costing way too much for the boards to be hosted off of their site, so the TFN staff is now looking into moving the boards onto a different host.

What does this mean for us?

There maybe some different functions than we did not have before, but that remains to be seen.

As for our banner and such, I am under the impression that will be moved as well. Yet again, It remains to be seen. The basic apperance of the boards appears as though it will remain constant as well.

Hopefully as a whole it will not make for a huge change. All User names, Posts and PM's should be moved onto the new board.

Though this cannot be guranteed, My suggesting to you would be is to copy and paste and then save any posts/PM's that have any importance to you to a Word file in the case that anything is lost during the switch.

When is this all going to happen

As of right now, There is no offical word as to a date when we can expect this all to happen.

That is just a quick rundown, If you have any questions that were not answeared they can mostly likely be found in,

This thread here should be able to help

I suggest checking that out as well in case I mucked up any terms or phrases, I am not always the best when it comes to explaining things that are too overly technical.

:)

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    You beat me to it Bayley :)

3. DMZBADGER

DMZBADGER Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2002
    The boards are moving?

wow...Ok ...just give me the day we are moving..I have a couple of cargo vans and a fridge cart.

4. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Jerry, We don't have an offical date as to when the switchover will happen, But when I find something out, I will be certain to update this thread and hopefully that will be in time to give people enough advanced warning :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.