main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA We're No. 5!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Jan 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    If you noticed,there's a little box near the upper left corner of this page, it says Big Boards #5. Well I clicked on it, and theforce.net's forum boards is ranked #5 out of all the forums on the WWW!! That's most impressive!

Here's a link to all the ranked forums

I think our own LAFF forum will rank #last.
    C'mon people! Use the LAFF Forum! (once in a while at least)

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Hey! My posts are typically the last on every subject. I can't keep "talking" to myself. Well, yes I can. No, I really shouldn't, it's too confusing to others. Oh be quiet! NO! You be quiet! Stop. People are going to start talking...

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm sure there are pplenty of great message boards out there, but I can't remember too many usernames & passwords, so I don't bother with them. :(

4. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    The quality of the boards and the information contained therein are the attributes that make this site #5 on that particular list. The membership of these boards contains a good amount of people who make quality analysis of the subject films and those that relate to their making or the fanbase (Kurosawa, Film Noir, LotR, Matrix, ad nauseum...) Those same folks are able to debate in a rational and well thought out manner, articulating their points and rebutting counterpoints offered up by the opposition to their ideas.

This and the "familial" feel of SW fandom combines to put forth a high-quality product that most of the boards' membership enjoys. Throw into the mix the localized "communities" such as this one, where the membership can meet in person, geek out live and in real time, makes for something special indeed. I may have been a "latecomer", but I for one appreciate the opportunity to talk shop with other folks who get stoked every time we hear the Fox drum and bugle theme. (No matter what movie it is, it always makes me think of SW)

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    ...other folks who get stoked every time we hear the Fox drum and bugle theme. (No matter what movie it is, it always makes me think of SW)

Absolutely, positively. Doesn't matter what movie is getting ready to play, the Fox fanfare means SW start-up time for me! :)

OK, I hijacked this thread. I'll be quiet now.

Helen

6. Darkliner

Darkliner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2003
    Wait they use Fox fanfare on other movies?
    woh the new things you learn.

7. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    The 20th Century Fox fanfare (with Cinemscope Extensions) was composed in 1931 by Alfred newman, and is used for most, if not all, 20th Century films since then.

8. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    And then in the 50's he went on to publish MAD magazine! Whaddya know!

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I agree with TK, everytime I hear the Fox Fanfare I think of Star Wars, no matter what movie.

10. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, the 20th Century Fox Fanfare is a part of Star Wars as is the name Skywalker. The fanfare is even on the super extended versions of The Movies' soundtracks. Speaking of which, and not to change the subject for the 3rd time, but I wonder why they didn't come out with an "Ultimate Edition" soundtrack for AOTC?

btw, the little button I was describing earlier that said "Big Boards #5" is now not there.

11. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    When are they going to come out with an 'ultimate edition' of the LotR soundtracks? That would be spiffy.

12. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Just hook me up with a boxed Ultimate Edition set of the LotR movies and I'll be a happy guy, almost as happy when GL cracks and lets the O-OT out on DVD (or when he dies and his kids put it out on whatever format exists then) Why did I ever sell my SW LaserDiscs? I hope I can still find some original or THX VHS somewhere... When I saw Greedo shooting first, I just about pooped myself.

Why change the movies at all? What's done is done, but it doesn't mean I have to spend my hard-earned dollars on an inferior product.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It is disappointing that the Original Original Trilogy may never be released in DVD format. I don't know why he can't understand that his fan base loves the original versions and that is why we are still loyal fans. With any luck, he will give us the option or at least make something like that available to us in the near future.

14. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Amen Sista! Preach on! Have you signed the O-OT petition? If not, I'll try to find you a link.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Please, not that I think it will make any difference. I would almost suggest a fanwide boycott of the OT on DVD until he will release it the way it should be.

16. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    I for one, won't buy any "Special" or "Ultimate" Edition DVDs, but then, I'm a persnickety, over-conscientious curmudgeon.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Seriously, I am considering a mini boycott just to see if it would work but who knows. I don't know if I could resist it, even if it is the special edition... I feel so weak minded.

18. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I won't buy any special super spiffy extra keen edition either. Original OT or nothing for me. Maybe if we got a time machine we could introduce Goerge to a younger version of himslef, like in 'The Kid'.
    Or introduce him to a boxing Kangaroo to knock some sense into him.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That's funny, CBM. You crack me up!

20. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    CBM/ D-H,

I highly doubt you two will REALLY not buy the dvds. Who you trying to fool.

D-B :D

21. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    I wasn't that impressed with the prequels, so I don't own those. And I was going to buy 'The Matrix' untill I saw Reloaded. Now I don't want to be reminded of it.
    The only way we fans can show our support, or lack of support for something is with our wallets.

22. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah you guys. Boycotting Star Wars DVD's...whatever. I'll the first in line to buy 'em. ..and you'll be jealous because I'll be watching them in all their crystal clear digital glory while you complain about your worn out vhs tapes and wait for something that will never happen.

23. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    To each his own. Enjoy greedo shooting first, and Han stepping on Jabba' tail.
    I'm not boycotting, that would be stupid, when enough people will buy it to make it one of the best selling DVD's ever, me not buying it won't matter. I just choose not to own it.

24. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    still, the Racer dude has a point. VHS tapes loose their clarity, and eventually disintergarate. (more so, 8 mm film for cam-corders, I have lost two)

Unless you buy a DVD recorder, and record the original movies on DVD. DVDs are much more durable and long lasting.

When the recordable units drop to 300.00 or less, I will buy one.

25. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Again, how did we go from the thread of us being number 5 to who will or won't buy the OT DVDs? This is funny!!! [face_laugh]
    Oh well, i for one will buy whichever version comes out, eventhough i would like the original original trilogy to be seen. But there are a "few" good touch ups in the special editions so it's not too bad...but i was one of the orignal trilogy viewers from 77 so i know how you feel about not being able to see it/them how they first came out...
    BTW, we still number 5???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.