main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Were the clone troopers evil?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by mlbfan, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Argenta

Argenta Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    I certainly don't think they can be seen as "evil", since they don't really have the capability to make moral choices. They do what they're bred and genetically manipulated to do.
    On the other hand, I don't think they're just mindless war machines either. The issue of whether they are really human, can feel etc., isn't really dealt with in the movies but is explored a lot more in some EU novels. They do have individuality and can be friends with people, but that unfortunately doesn't override their programming to follow any order.

2. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    Agreeing with Argentena. I didn't mean what I said earlier with "no emotion" meaning they can't feel things or can't laugh or feel sad. It is when they are ordered to do something, that the genetic alteration "kicks in" if you will, and they have no choice. IMO, they feel no guilt or are torn between what to do when the order comes.

3. Avid_Prequels_Fan

Avid_Prequels_Fan Jedi Master star 2

Sep 14, 2003
    No the clone troopers aren't evil they just follow whoever has authority over them. They're amoral.

4. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Cody: In fact, you can start by looking for him in...um...there, that room over there.

*Cody ushers the clones into the Utapau storage room*

Cody: Run, Obi, Run!!!

heheheheh

[face_laugh] That is the funniest thing I have heard all weeek. =D=

I think more of the clones should have done that, and especialy the ARC troopers since they're more indipentantly-minded.

"Screw Order 66!!! Give it up for us!!"

5. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    No, they were created to obey orders so they are with whoever is in charge.

Good Stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.