main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Were the Sith Influenced by Secret Societies?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth Formidious, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I was left wondering this question, could it be possible that the Sith were based of a mystical secret society with esoteric practices? I thought this may be an interesting discussion. :)

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Illuminati, Templars, Masons, Sith. Yeah, I can see that. Must mull it over...

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Sith do seem to be space Illuminati. I'd bet GL was inspired by false flag atttacks combined with the Illuminati.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The Sith aren't a secret society. They're just evil Jedi. Nor are the Jedi a secret society.

ATMachine likes this.
  5. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    I think GL was influenced is some form by the Persian Empire's military magi order. They are similarly as they were known as sorcerer warriors who were feared and brutal in their tactics. GL is really the only one who can answer that and I don't think he ever has answered that question.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Lucas has said that the Jedi were partially based off of the Samurai, as he was a fan of Akira Kurosawa films. Ninjas are often said to be the adversaries of the Samurai, since they use different tactics from the Samurai. They have different values and methodologies that put them at opposite ends. So I think there is a possible connection there. The Persian military force might be part of his influence.