main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Were the Stormtroopers watered down?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by bluesaber70, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_Akbar13

Admiral_Akbar13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2007
    o well...at least leia got shot in the shoulder ;)

2. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    What bothered me most about the stormtroopers was that an entire legion was defeated on Endor in ROTJ by a few Rebels and some Stone Age teddy bears! :mad: This, of course, is why fan fiction exists, where the bad guys can shoot straight, and main characters can be killed! [face_laugh]

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Though, there's also the fact that Chewbacca had taken control of an AT-ST, which was double the firepower of what the Ewoks and the Rebels had. Thus the tide turned in their favor the minute Chewie took out the other remaining AT-ST.

4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, there's no way that was a legion of stormies in that clearing. :p

Don't believe what Palpatine says; he lies all the time. :p

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Can someone change "We're" to "Were" in the title of this thread? [face_alien_1]

6. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    I second that!

7. horace

horace Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2007
    I don't think they defeated an entire legion. For one thing, it was the back door and only a handful of troops. The legion was somewhere else, clearly. The battle needed to last only long enough to distract that handful of troops so the generator could be destroyed.

I think another thing plays into this...our attitude toward ewoks. We view them as teddy bears and think they are therefore cute and cuddly. We judge them by appearances rather than note that they can be vicious enough to bring down an armored imperial stormtrooper. We'd sooner think the stormtroopers are weak rather than see the ewoks as possibly ferocious. Look at badgers - cute, cuddly and sweet by appearances. But they can kill hunting dogs.

I imagine if this film were done today there would be a greater effort to show (CGI enhancements) a subtle transformation in their cute-n-cuddly faces to show their savage possibilities.

8. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Well, Leia, Han, Lando, and any others are main characters; of course they aren't going to get shot. If they did, Star Wars would be a very short movie. The Clone Troopers of the PT were trained by the Cul-something, a group of mercaneries, smugglers, and whatnot hand picked by Jango Fett, as well as trained by Jango himself.

Don't know what kind of training Palpatine gave them during 19BBY-4ABY, but my guess is that it was not as extensive as the Clone Troopers.

9. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    how come every one thinks the ewoks won that battle? they didn't. it was just a diversion to last long enough for han and leia to get into the shield generator.that whole part of the movie was very well executed when you think about it cuz they took them by surprise and there were probably like 5 ewoks to every trooper and if they just take out the leaders (like they did with bow and arrows)then the stormtroopers were all unorganized and confused.then you have all the traps that took out the AT-STs and chewbacca being the very good pilot that he is taking control of one of them and shooting down at least a few more.add to that the elite squad of rebel troops that were with han and it makes things even better.and the ewoks STILL lost but they were never trying to win in the first place they spread out into the forest and led the troopers chasing after them away from han giving him the time he needs to blow up the generator. see? its not so hard to believe is it? [face_coffee]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.