main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Were there any deleted music in the SW trilogy?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by martymcflyjedimaster, Mar 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martymcflyjedimaster

martymcflyjedimaster Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2001
    I swore that in Return of the jedi there was a bit of music cut from the cd release which took place at Jabba's Palace and no I'm not talking about Sy Snootles song.

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    It wasn't from Jabba's Palace; the deleted music went with a scene between Vader arriving at the DSII and our first view of the droids, in which Vader telepathically contacts Luke.

3. martymcflyjedimaster

Mar 2, 2001
    It had to be from Jabba's Palace I know it.It never was released ever!

4. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Which part of Jabba's palace?

There is some music that was cut from the film but released on the soundtracks. But as far as I know all the music from the sequence that is actually heard in the film has been released. I'll double-check, as I may have missed something, but if you could be more specific about what part of Jabba's palace, it would help.

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    No, it wasn't from Jabba's palace. Read the liner in the ROTJ SE CD case.

6. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    The funky bit of music AFTER Jedi Rocks as Chewie is taken away, heard also on the Sail Barge, has NEVER been released on any soundtrack.

7. martymcflyjedimaster

Mar 2, 2001
    I will have to veiw return of the jedi again to get the information down.Then I will know for sure!

8. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    I know what piece you're talking about, Rayder. You're right. That piece of source music has never been released. Not that I know of, anyway.

9. JimWare

JimWare Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2000
    Yup. That piece of source music (and a couple of other pieces of music) could not be located when the SE CDs were being compiled.

10. JimWare

JimWare Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2000
    Don't forget that all four films have unused and alterante music cues. Empire has the most, AFAIK.

11. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    This is true. There's the alternate binary sunset in ANH, there's about 15 minutes of unused music for the Hoth scenes in ESB, along with a cool rendition of the Force theme and Yoda's theme for when Luke leaps out of the carbon freeze chamber. In ROTJ, you have the previously mentioned funky Max Rebo bit, along with the deleted conversation between Luke and Vader. If I remember correctly, this scene also shows Luke finishing his lightsaber. Then, there's the alternate version of the sail barge assault, which I thought was a better version than what was used in the film.
    TPM had some cut, too, though I'm not familiar with much of it. Most of the cut music from TPM shows up in the TPM game for PC and PlayStation, including a 20 second addition to "The Droid Invasion" which is very cool.

12. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    All correct, but what this guy is asking about is heading the OTHER direction: music in the film that's not on the soundtrack, not music on the soundtrack that's not in the film.

13. martymcflyjedimaster

Mar 2, 2001
    I bet that sometime in the near future another cd set will be released with even more unheard music never before on a cd format.

14. JimWare

JimWare Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2000
    All of the music that appears in Episodes I, IV, and V has been released.

All of the music that appears in ROTJ has been released, with the exception of the Max Rebo source cue, the film version of 'Lapti Nek' and a six second insert from 'The Ewok Battle'. Another piece of source music (not used in the film) remains unreleased. All other alternates and unused cues have been released.

Some alternate and unused cues from Episode I have been released, both on the original soundtrack and on the games. A substantial amount remains unreleased.

All alternate and unused cues from Episode IV have been released.

All alternate and unused cues from Episode V have been released, with the exception of an alternate opening to 'Luke's Nocturnal Visitor'.

15. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    "All of the music that appears in ROTJ has been released, with the exception of the Max Rebo source cue, the film version of 'Lapti Nek' and a six second insert from 'The Ewok Battle'."

>What six second bit from the Ewok Battle? I thought I'd located all of the pieces. You're not talking about the cue between the AT-ST crashing and Leia getting shot, are you?

16. JimWare

JimWare Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2000
    It can be heard in the film just after Chewie and the Ewoks capture the ATST.

17. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    I'll check it out. I never noticed anything missing there before.

18. martymcflyjedimaster

Mar 2, 2001
    When the hoilday special was on years ago was there any good music back then?

19. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Are you sure there is missing Star Wars music from the first 4 films? If so, where can I get it!??

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    All I know offhand is the music change for ROTJ: SE in the Jabba's Palace scene.

21. martymcflyjedimaster

Mar 2, 2001
    Wait until all 6 movies is released on DVD and I bet that another cd set will return to stores with yet even more unheard of music from all 6 movies!

22. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    Can you be more specific about what you're talking about, Jim? Nothing's jumping out at me.

23. martymcflyjedimaster

Mar 2, 2001
    Has anyone notice any music missing from the return of the jedi special edition cd 2set?

24. TheLuciferI

TheLuciferI Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2001
    http://168.229.236.7/~cc/mp3.html

This site has the song..

25. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    They changed the celebration music at the end of RotJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.