main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Were There Citizen Siths?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by sword_of_raditz, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    What's your opinion?

2. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    :confused: Say Wha??

3. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    Read the title! Were there citizens who were siths? What's your opinion?

4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    "Only two there are, no more no less"

5. LukeGroundwalker

LukeGroundwalker Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    There is many Dark Jedi but they are not Sith.

6. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    "Read the title! Were there citizens who were siths? What's your opinion?"

Bite my head off why don't ya.

I just figured everyone posting in this fourm has seen TPM and understood the rule of 2.

7. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    "Only two there are, no more no less"

Lol! I forgot about that!

8. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    I'm glad you forgot about it, because it's a load.
    Yoda was talking out his green butt, he didn't know. He's also a flat out liar. Maul died, so guess what sparky? Ther're less than two. Rationalize that.

Anyway, I assume you're refering to the Sith as a people? I'm not the biggest EU fan, so I could be wrong, but I think the Sith are simply the darkside Jedi. Meaning they were an order unto themselves, and not an actual race of people. So, no, there were no "civilian" Sith.

9. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    Then were there citizens who supported the siths? I mean you can't have an army without guys supporting you, even if they are droids.

10. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    The Sith end up having control of the entire Republic Army, later to be named the empire.

What else do you need?

11. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005

"Anyway, I assume you're refering to the Sith as a people? I'm not the biggest EU fan, so I could be wrong, but I think the Sith are simply the darkside Jedi. Meaning they were an order unto themselves, and not an actual race of people. So, no, there were no "civilian" Sith."

There was a Sith race thousands of years before TPM, there homeworld was Korriban and they were all extremelly powerful in the Force. Some Dark Jedi came there and decided to rule the Sith as gods, and they interbreeded with the Sith so they can gain power. They started to take the name of the Sith as there own and eventually the Sith lineage died, which makes them extinct. And you have to understand that a Dark Jedi and a Sith is two seperate things, and Dark Jedi is a Jedi that uses his/her power for there own gain. A Sith is like a privlige to the Dark Jedi, they are higher above all Dark Jedi.

12. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    And the reason the Sith's numbers dwindelled down was the constant fighting for power.

Then Darth Bane came up with the rule of two. 1 master and 1 apprentice.

It's EU, but it's still canon.

13. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    So if your a sith, everyone except for your master or padawan is gonna hate you? Then why become a sith?!?

14. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!!!!

15. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    There are only two Sith at a time. Granted, there are brief periods when one of them is dead, and a new apprentice is being trained (between TPM and AOTC, when Sidious was looking for a new student). Also, there are times when a new apprentice is being trained in order to usurp one of the Sith Lords (Sidious trying to get Luke to kill Vader in ROTJ). For the most part, however, only one Sith Lord has the lineage bragging-rights, and he takes one student so that order is maintained. Dark Jedi and a Sith race do not exist outside of the EU, so they have no part in this discussion.

16. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    Unlimited power? Yeah right! When you try to use your unlimited power the Jedi Order gets every thing in the galaxy to go kill the Sith since nobody likes him.

17. LukeGroundwalker

Jun 6, 2005
    EU does have a part in this discusion, all EU(except Infinities) are part of the Star Wars canon.

18. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    I think for a question like this EU IS the place to be looking...

19. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    That's cool, but there's a forum for that.

20. sword_of_raditz

Jun 2, 2005
    Just because some knowledge of the EU is needed to answer this dosen't automatically mean it has to be a EU forum question.

21. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    Only in KOTOR

Good Stuff

22. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    I played KOTOR for about 10 minutes, until my character found a "lightsaber-proof" metal sword. Garbage.

23. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    The material is called "Cortosis" and has been around way before KOTOR was released. There was mention of it in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. And, even though it was not Cortosis, the electrostaffs used by the bodyguards in EpIII resisted lightsabers. Are you saying that is garbage too?

24. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    An energy shield, I'll buy (Naboo containment shields, lasers/lightsabers, Force lightning, Electrostaffs, Durge's forearm shields). A metal sword? No.

25. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Well, that's your loss then....Saying that you think that's unrealistic is rediculous. Star Wars itself is unrealistic. Lightsabers, Jedi Powers, etc....all unrealistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.