main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Were they really THAT bad?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by smuggler_vola, Feb 21, 2013.

?

Did you enjoy the PT?

1. Yes, all the movies were wonderful

55.6%
  2. It was ok

22.2%
  3. Just The Phantom Menace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Just Attack of the Clones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Just Revenge of the Sith

11.1%
  6. No

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smuggler_vola

smuggler_vola Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2012
    The prequels. According to pretty much everyone on these forums, they're the worst movies ever made. The lines weren't believable, the actors were horrible, the storyline is ridiculous, nothing makes sense, Jar-Jar, etc. But I just want to know one thing: If they're so awful, why are you still complaining? Revenge of the Sith came out years ago and no one has stopped with their whining and complaining since The Phantom Menace came out 14 years ago. They haven't changed and they're not going to, so get over it.

I'm not trying to be mean or offend anyone in any way, but this has been driving me crazy. If the movies are so horrible, why waste your time telling everyone how exactly horrible you perceive them to be? I have to admit, they could have been better, there could of been less Jar-Jar. But nothing has changed and nothing will, so please just shut your mouth and keep your opinions to yourself.

No one is MAKING you watch them, you do it on your own volition. No one SAYS you have to enjoy or even like the movies, I really don't mind if you don't like them. But what I do mind is when you go out of your way to thrust your opinion in other's faces and make fun of them for not liking the same thing you do. All I'm trying to say is this: You don't like the movies, fine, but keep your opinions to yourself or at least be mature when sharing them and don't be rude to someone for just having a different opinion than yourself.

2. bellatroll

bellatroll Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 21, 2013
    Its good to point out what made them awful so maybe, just maybe, the future authors and directors of Star Wars media wont repeat the mistake.

3. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Why people continue to stick around and express their hatred of the PT years after the fact is a mystery for the ages. It's not even like they can't be Star Wars fans or TFNers if they don't like it - they literally just have to avoid the 'Prequel Trilogy' forum.

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Another PT like/hate thread? Ok.

The PT is far from perfect but they are far from bad films. When Spike runs a SW marathon I sit there and watch all day. Yes there is a problem here and there with a line delivery and so on. But to call them bad films or even bad Star Wars film is just silly.

5. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Not nearly as bad as haters make them out to be, not half as great as lovers profess. If you take the time to let it sink in when you watch then you'll get a lot more out of it. Just get ready for some truly awful dialogue and awkward (and not in a good way) romance. They're visually stunning, the soundtrack is immense and there's great subtext.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  6. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    The idea that these movies were horrible continues to get perpetuated not only here but in other areas of the internet and general media as well. I'll admit I don't like them as much as the OT, but they are far from the worst films ever made.

ROTS exhibits a more powerful emotional pull than any of the other films--including the OT. While Ep. I and Ep. II will never fall into anyone's "classics" lists, they still tell a fairly compelling story even if there are flaws in the conveyance of that story.

7. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    If I had to pick only one Star Wars trilogy to watch from now on, it would be composed of Episodes II-IV.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  8. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Do I enjoy the PT? Yes because to me they're wonderful movies.

9. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    RT rating for TPM: 57% (rotten), IMDB rating: 6.5/10, Metacritic: 51/100
    RT rating for AOTC: 67% (mixed-fresh), IMDB rating: 6.7/10, Metacritic: 53/100
    RT rating for ROTS: 80% (fresh), IMDB rating: 7.7/10, Metacritic: 68/100
    RT rating for ANH: 93% (fresh), IMDB rating: 8.8/10, Metacritic: 91/100
    RT rating for ESB: 97% (fresh), IMDB rating: 8.8/10, Metacritic: 78/100
    RT rating for ROTJ: 79% (fresh), IMDB rating: 8.4/10,Metacritic: 52/100

In bold are the top three for RT, IMDB, Metacritic, respectively.

Make it for what you will. Seems to me though, the critical reception is that the best three SW movies were ROTS, ANH, ESB.

Though the fact Metacritic has Empire Strikes Back so low is ludicrous and laughable.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    False.

And do we really need another one of these threads?

11. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.