main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Were Yoda + Mace equal?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by --Darth_Venge--, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --Darth_Venge--

--Darth_Venge-- Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    I have noticed Mace never calls Yoda master and Yoda never calls Mace master. Are they equal? Because i always thought Yoda was the 'leader' of the Jedi?!?

Could you answer me please...thank you.

2. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    No, not equal in leadership or skills. Yoda leads the council. What he says goes..

3. Darth_Masticator

Darth_Masticator Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    unfortunately the jedi council was not an equal opportunity employer....

4. Jedi_Master_Joe

Jedi_Master_Joe Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Even thought it was not brought up in the movie Yoda was more powerful than Mace. Just look at Sidious's battles with both. It is a council. Every one is equel.

5. Darth_Masticator

Darth_Masticator Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    i always got the impression from the films that yoda, mace and ki adi mundi were kinda the senior members

6. laiels

laiels Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Yoda is never made out to be the leader of the council. If anything, yoda and Mace are shown to be equal in position on the council.

7. Jedi_Coleman_Trebor

Jedi_Coleman_Trebor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    I've read that Mace is in fact higher up on the Jedi Council than Yoda is. Yoda is just a senior member.

It is not impossible for a lower ranking Jedi to be higher on the Council than a higher ranking Jedi.

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I always had the impression Yoda and Mace were like the co-leaders of the Jedi, with Ki Adi Mundi being the most senior member/important administrator after them.

But if push really comes to shove, then consider this:

1. It is Mace that does most of the communication with Palpatien and the government
    2. It is Mace that speaks for the Council in TPM
    3. It is Mace that runs every Council meeting in ROTS--asking for votes to be taken on subject, deciding what will be discussed, adjourning the meeting, etc.

From what we see on film, I'd have to say it's Mace that has the most executive powers, from an organizational standpoint. If that's at all correlated to powers, then Mace would have to at least be Yoda's equal.

9. Lord_Maul_the_Sith

Lord_Maul_the_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2005
    I think Mace is the top banana in the Council, but Yoda is far too strong and wise to be ignored by the head of the Council. So Mace is the leader, but Yoda's the top advisor.

10. tephjo

tephjo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Yoda, Windu, and Ki-adi-Mundi are all three senior members of the jedi council, and always sit apart from each other.

They also got all the speaking lines.

11. el_zorro

el_zorro Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    Just because something is not said does not mean is to be taken as true. They are both masters and am sure that they refer to each other as master. It is just not shown in the movie. I hope I do not sound angry. I am not.

12. Lord_Maul_the_Sith

May 31, 2005
    tephjo

Date Posted: 6/5 7:21pm Subject: RE: Were Yoda + Mace equal?
    "Yoda, Windu, and Ki-Adi-Mundi are all three senior members of the jedi council, and always sit apart from each other.

They also got all the speaking lines."

Dude's got a point. I don't remember any other Council members speaking. Aside from the "Jedi Starfighter" game with Adi Gallia, but I never played it, so I can't be sure.

13. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Ki-Adi Mundi was revered on the council, but then, he was only a Knight in TPM. Some of the others from TPM's council must have been around longer than him, like Oppo Rancisis and Yaddle.

14. jimbostank

jimbostank Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    The first time I seen the movie I got the impression that Palpatine let Mace get the best of him to trick Anakin. Now after seeing the movie again, I am not sure. It looks as if Mace actually was winning the duel. Anakin comes in after Mace took the advantage. I always thought Yoda was the strongest Jedi. Is Mace stronger in the force and combat then Yoda? I think so. How about you

Master Jimbo

15. DarkSider99

DarkSider99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2005
    in skills yoda is definitely better than mace.
    leadership i think they are the same

16. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    In the books before ROTS, Yoda is called...
    "The Grand Master of the Jedi Order"

In Episode 1 and 2, Mace is second in command.

By Episode 3 though, it's clear that Mace and Obi-Wan are both second in command.

17. StompboXX

StompboXX Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    I read somewhere that Mace actually heads the Council.

Yoda is in an Emeritus position.

18. dat_dude

dat_dude Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    I thought they might be equals.

THough Yoda comes up with the answers and Mace agrees.

19. GherrickfromDorin

GherrickfromDorin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    Ya want council from I episode? Ya have that:

(from longer to shrters terms)

1.Yoda
    2.Yaddle
    3.Oppo Rancisis
    4.Mace Windu
    5.Yarael Poof
    6.Plo Koon
    7.Adi Gallia
    8.Depa Bilaba
    9.Even Piell
    10.Saesse Tiin
    11.Eeth Koth
    12.Ki-Adi Mundi(knight in the council)

20. Lord_Maul_the_Sith

May 31, 2005
    I KNEW there was something wrong when Anakin complains about being a Knight on the Council! He was wrong, it HAD been done before!

Or was Mundi being a Knight on the Council just made up in the EU? Because I think I read it on the back of his action figure package, and that's usually taken right from the canon story. Either that, or in a little pocket-sized book about "The Phantom Menace". It's about three inches by three inches, has little blurbs on characters like the Jedi Council and the Podracers.

21. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    well i look at it this way.

in rots mace beats sidious,but sidous beats yoda in the senate arenea thing so i think mace might have a little more power but yoda is deffinitly more wise,but also yoda is 700 yrs old so that mighta helped him lose the fight with siddy

22. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    If I remember correctly there are permanent, semi-permanent and revolving members of the council. Mace and Yoda are permanent (through whatever historic feat they have contributed to galctic / Jedi life) and therefore are 'equal head' of the council, though no such ranking exists ofcourse. They are by far the most influential members of the council.

23. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Yoda leads the council. What he says goes..

Yoda: "But agree with you on taking this boy as your padawan learne, 'I', do not!"
    Yoda: sighing "Agree with you the council does...Your apprentice, young Skywalker will be"

- O_F

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.