main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Were you scammed by S Hawkins?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bobafemme, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm pasting this here because I recall conversation long time ago about armor not received. If you have any issues with paying for goods and never sent, please visit the link. A charity I'm pretty fond of (Camp Heartland) was used as a marketing ploy and never paid in part of this mess. Also, you, or someone you know, may have been cheated. As you can see, time is tight to get this info in.

Forwarded message:

This message is from Lionel Smith TK-999

Last Tuesday Dave Hofmann and I went to visit Scott Hawkins at a theater in
    Colorado Springs where he was "camped out" for Star Wars. Scott had called Dave and asked him to come visit and as Garrison Commander I invited myself to go along. Dave is my Executive Officer and among Scott's many other debts he still owes him over $400 for a plane ticket to Alpha Con. We confronted Scott about that debt and the charity money he has still refused to hand over from the Dragon Con raffle and also about the thousands of dollars he still owes people all over the world.

The first words out of Scott's mouth was that he has been in touch with Albin
    (501st Legion Commander) on a weekly basis and everything has been settled.
    That was a lie and we knew it; Al confirmed that he has not talked to Scott in a long, long time. Scott also insisted that he does not owe anybody in the
    world any money and that he has never defrauded anyone. I told Scott that while
    working at the 501st information table in Indy that several fans came up to me
    looking for Mr. Hawkins because he owed them lots of money and/or merchandise.
    Scott began to blubber about his poor Christian family perpetually being on the
    verge of starvation but his Banana Repulic clothes, Bolle' sunglasses and Rolex watch betrayed that story. Rather than listen to more of his BS we told him
    that things had come to a head and it was time to settle up. More promises to
    pay "at the end of the month" were not good enough. It's been nine months since Labor Day.

Scott had several 501st items with him, a PVC frame Jawa and even some of the
    undelivered raffle prizes from DragonCon. He had promoted his little line party
    as an official 501st function, told the local press that he was doing it to raise money "for charity" and he continues to represent himself locally and online as the Legion Commander. Dave and I suggested that he should consider selling some of his personal property on eBay (like Max has had to do since Scott still owes him money too) to come up with the charity money he embezzled.

Scott didn't have a problem with that, or so he said, and even offered us the
    crap he had with him at the time as a start. We all calculated the value of
    what he gave us at about $200 but if we had wanted to Dave and I could have
    confiscated several thousand dollars in brand new laptop computers that Scott
    had with him which he claimed were "borrowed" from his employer.

With Scott's help Dave and I loaded up the junk right in front of a mall
    security guard who was parked there. If Scott had resented giving up this stuff
    he could have objected at the time. Instead, four hours later, that @#%$ had
    Dave arrested for felony robbery. Scott got all that junk back (if Dave had
    really stolen it wouldn't he have hid it?), Scott insisted to the police that
    he didn't owe Dave or anyone else any money, that he has never operated any
    raffle and he refused to drop his trumped up charges against Dave. I was there
    too so I don't know why I wasn't arrested but I intend to stand as the only
    witness to these events with Dave this Wednesday at his court hearing. Several
    other members of our garrison who have heard this story also plan to be there.
    We intend to bring a list of names of all the people Scott has defrauded and
    we're confident that Dave's charges will be dismissed and the DA will be very
    interested to learn of Hawkins' dishonest activities.

This is a call to arms. We need every trooper who has been ripped off by Scott,
    or knows someone who has been, to fill in the form that we have on our garrison
    website, [

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.