main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA Weren?t we just discussing this at Monday?s meeting?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Looks like something we thought would not happen (or not happen for a long time at any rate) is happening after all

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=3&id=35855&type=0

2. InvaderSil

InvaderSil Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    About freaking time!!! Though now I'm tainted with CGI Xwings...I don't think I could look upon the classics the same ever again. *cries a single tear* But damnit!! I'm gonna buy it on the first day I can!

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Anything to get more money out of us. I would have waited it I had known... grr..

4. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    I don't know if anyone is a stickler for good sound quality but I hear that this version will be released in 2.0 surround sound. Which is not as good as it could be.
    Lets face it, about every 5 or 10 years we'll be faced with another version of Star Wars out on a new format or medium. I think I'll just stick with the collection that came out on DVD last time.
    Although, I am tempted to buy this one as it was the orig. way I saw all of the films when they came out on VHS in 95. But I still have the VHS versions from that one too. Decisions, decisions, argh! Oh, the agony..... :p

5. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Luckily (I guess?) I still hadn't bought the revised cgi'd DVD's of the OT. If
    I understand the link I posted, these DVD's have both versions?
    I actually love the untouched original versions of the OT. When you watch it without all of the enhancements, the meaning of the core story that is there seems (to me at least) to be so much deeper.

But don't get me wrong! I also enjoy watching the shiny new and improved CGI heavy versions as well, if for nothing more than the thrill ride of the enhaqnced visuals!

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I've got the VHS of the originals I bought in the early 90s. When we get the equipment, I'll just transfer them to DVD myself (actually I'll have the hubby do it.)

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Want want want anyway!!!!!

8. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Anyway you look at it, it is a good reason to have a Star Wars marathon!!!!!! :D

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    definately something to plan for!so far, I have the weekend after these come out free, though I think I will be short of funds to buy it for myself right then

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.